Video Interview | Adi Viveash (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

Good interview. I really like Adi and can imagine he is a big draw for when we sign younger players, not just because of the Chelsea links but just the way he is.

Spoke really highly of Kasey Palmer and interesting comments about him ("needs a lot of love"). Sounds like he may be a bit of a confidence player.

shmmeee

Really interesting interview. Seems very excited about Palmer. Interesting point how they’ll have to save the defensive coaching for the back end of preseason because they’ve got no defenders.

Could be we’ve got to be patient defensively when the season starts.

Happy_Martian

Have been very impressed with how the club has come forward with Adi supporting the Gaffer. And I can't believe it's 5 years they've been here. That's a long time for any management team to stay at a club in todays football.

Does make you wonder where we would have been if the two had paired up for Robins' first abbreviated stay here ?

mmttww

Really stands out how often, and in what contexts he uses the word "work". Seems like a smart mothf*cker. Have a feeling that a month or two in to the season we might see Palmer start taking the p*ss out of teams a fair bit.

Last edited:

Jamesimus

Really interesting interview. Seems very excited about Palmer. Interesting point how they’ll have to save the defensive coaching for the back end of preseason because they’ve got no defenders.

Could be we’ve got to be patient defensively when the season starts.

Couldn't work out whether the defensive thing was his way of saying it's not a stylistic priority or whether it meant we've missed out on signings so would be left short. Hopefully the latter haha.

He seemed to suggest Palmer is already kind of the finished article and that it's just a case of easing him in

Offhegoes

I'd happily work for him 100%.
I think the players agree with you. The way we played most of the teams off the park last season is testament to his training. The improvement seen in Sheaf, Hyam, Eccles, Vik etc. He also seems to love his job of improving players and being a proper coach. No eye (at this time) on a managerial role.

pipkin73

Listening to that and looking at the joy on his face talking about players he is/has managed gives me the impression he almost feels like a foster parent to these guys. He wants to make them good men not just good footballers and i think this is where a lot of the team spirit comes from. He is helping make the team feel like a family who will do anything for each other and that shows on the pitch. Probably why O'Hare and Hamer signed new deals or at least a large part of it.

CDK

Great video,can see why players would love to work with a coach like that and also a big respect there for robins and interesting about how robins character changes on the golf course with the drive to win.

Users who are viewing this thread