Internet Trolling - Mark Halsey (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

You know, I'm all for a bit of winding up and piss taking on a site like this - it's not real and it's pseudonym v pseudonym after all. GMK was great with the multiple personality disorders.

But my God, there's a programme on BBC3 now, and some of the shit sent to Mark Halsey because he (and his wife!) have had cancer... threatening to rape his 8 year old daughter, threatening all kinds of things to him, calling him a cancerous c**t...

On what planet would anybody do that to a real person?!? What the fuck would go through your mind to think that's a good idea?!?

There was also some bloke who posted a load of messages on facebook pretending he was holding captive some missing person too... just to see what reaction he'd get.

Not big or clever when it involves real people:censored:

Nick

Administrator
I've got no idea why people would do that and what is going through their minds. What kind of reason is it to "troll" somebody because they have a life threatening disease?

NorthernWisdom

I've got no idea why people would do that and what is going through their minds. What kind of reason is it to "troll" somebody because they have a life threatening disease?

It's just sick.

There's a difference between calling someone with a shit username a twat and... that.

Next one is some couple's dead daughter having a memorial page on facebook, to which someone posts a photo of their daughter with a noose around her neck.

I mean... why?!?

It's as bad as actual violence, that. Maybe worse.

Covstu

Watching this too, that poor girl who killed herself and they still carried on through her memorial pages, just sick fuckers

wingy

It's a sick world and the advent of e-communication and social media has given a platform to people who probably in the past would have spread their poison to a much smaller audience in the Workplace or down the Local.
Deservedly receiving a slap for their trouble.
Very Sad :mad:

bringbackrattles

Trolls are cowards hiding behind their computer screens,I detest them. A couple of years ago on a writers site I got a nasty comment on a piece I'd written and just responded by saying don't read it if you don't like it.For a month I got threats and abuse at all times of the day,and he/she was obviously unstable.The nutter got traced to California ! He/she got warned etc but it got worse so I came of the site,but I wanted to throttle the bastard but their faceless aren't they ? I'm from the generation if you have a problem sort it face to face,but these creeps are gutless but dangerous.

Nick

Administrator
Is it on a show?

I'd have no issues if somebody drove to their house and gave them an utter kickin.

Moff

It's just sick.

There's a difference between calling someone with a shit username a twat and... that.

Next one is some couple's dead daughter having a memorial page on facebook, to which someone posts a photo of their daughter with a noose around her neck.

I mean... why?!?

It's as bad as actual violence, that. Maybe worse.

Because they are thick useless pieces of shit, who have no lives and have to bring down others in order to try to gain self gratification as they are such useless nasty pieces of crap.

NorthernWisdom

Because they are thick useless pieces of shit, who have no lives and have to bring down others in order to try to gain self gratification as they are such useless nasty pieces of crap.

It's not bringing down though, it's people who are already down.

And that's... not on, in any sense of the word. Praying on peoples' weaknesses or sadness is just...

Not often I go all right wing ;) but I'd lock em up in a dark room with an angry policeman...

Moff

It's not bringing down though, it's people who are already down.

And that's... not on, in any sense of the word. Praying on peoples' weaknesses or sadness is just...

Not often I go all right wing ;) but I'd lock em up in a dark room with an angry policeman...

Its not always people who are down, although the worst cases do seem to play on those who are suffering.

These people can just attack anyone and when I say bring down, I mean in all senses, and for those that have sadly taken thier own lives it is because these bastards have taken them lower. They are just sick individuals, who seem to take joy in sucking it out of others.

Locking them up with an angry Policeman is too good for them, a large group of angry friends/relatives of those they have attacked would be more fitting.

henry the wasp

Curtis Woodhouse got months of abuse on twitter from some div. The lad shit it when Mr Woodhouse turned up in his street though.
Sums most of these twats up.

Last edited:

mechaishida

It just shows the depravity and irregular moral compass that the 'social media' society seem to possess; it's a gateway for the anti-social and the boundary-less to play merry hell with anyone who shows the merest glimpse of a weakness.

Such sadism is not a surprise, at all. It is, however, beyond disgusting. Anyone perpetrating such abuse should be subject to the full letter of the law - arrest, prosecution and punishment.

If I had my way, they'd all be publicly humiliated. Naked Piñata comes to mind, in the middle of a town centre, and anyone can wallop the scumbag for a mere 50p a go (which goes to a Cancer/Any other charity).

I've had it with the apathetic and liberal, wishy-washy attitude for dealing with society's dregs.

ajsccfc

There should really be a distinction between proper trolling which ought to employ some wit and can be satirical, and morons just hurling abuse and threatening to rape everyone in sight behind the mask of anonymity. They're all lumped together now, which is a shame.

NorthernWisdom

There should really be a distinction between proper trolling which ought to employ some wit and can be satirical, and morons just hurling abuse and threatening to rape everyone in sight behind the mask of anonymity. They're all lumped together now, which is a shame.

Yup, I see a big difference between someone calling him a crap ref and making threats against his family.

Users who are viewing this thread