Interest in Dabo? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

Probably nothing in this (I really hope not anyway!) but saw it and thought I'd see if anyone else had heard anything?

No doubt he's on a few radars after the season he had, but unless it was a stupid money offer I can't see the club letting him go!

Skyblueweeman

Thankfully we're in the same division as those clubs now which could help us keep him.

If it were a Prem team however...

Frostie

Please please can there be a sticky thread saying which accounts/sites are reliable and that those called EFL Transfer Hub with 100 followers are not

Exactly.
Utter nonsense account that's existed just a matter of months & not called 1 single correct transfer.

SeaSeeEffCee

I wish people would stop sharing shite from these kind of Twitter accounts. None of them have any info at all, not even that EFL Hub one that Cov fans on Twitter seem to treat as gospel.

Bugsy

larry_david

I wish people would stop sharing shite from these kind of Twitter accounts. None of them have any info at all, not even that EFL Hub one that Cov fans on Twitter seem to treat as gospel.
If you follow enough folk on twitter who have sources near clubs, you can see the pattern from the efl hub. They're quick I'll give them that but it's all rehashed 'exclusives'

It's laughable the amount of people asking him every day 'any cov updates' 'any insert club here updates'... People just begging for info

SkyBlueGuy

Apologies, I was just scrolling through ccfc tags and saw it, posted without really thoroughly investigating. My mind has been put at ease for now. But as I said, he's bound to have attracted some attention.

CJ_covblaze

Generally anything with “hub” in the name shouldn’t be relied on.

lifeskyblue

Wouldn’t be surprised a number of teams at premier/championship standard sniffing around a fair few of our players ...but I would expect any likely rumours to be better sourced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RingoCCFC

I know this accounts bullshit but at the same time I hope this never happens soon, he’s a pinnacle asset to us!

Nonleagueherewecome

Chubby Brown
Hubble Telescope
chub Fish
You took the high road, well done. And it is very rare that a man can say that when Roy Chubby Brown is involved.

RingoCCFC

He’s worth way more than that I think.

Guranteed after this upcoming season, when you consider how much Bellingham had to prove to get that much for Brum! But clubs are being tight for players of his quality look at Celtic offering just 5 mil for Toney!

I doubt he will get offers just yet and I hope we don’t sell him anytime soon.

rob9872

He's my fav player but he's also someone who has had one decent season at L1 level and is a full back. I'd be very tempted with half the £10m quoted here if it could be reinvested in a suitable replacement, a defensive midfielder and a striker.

rob9872

Guranteed after this upcoming season, when you consider how much Bellingham had to prove to get that much for Brum! But clubs are being tight for players of his quality look at Celtic offering just 5 mil for Toney!

I doubt he will get offers just yet and I hope we don’t sell him anytime soon.
In fairness though Bellingham is a 16 year old winger/forward for a championship team. Dabo (and as I said above is my fav so being realistic) is a 24 year old full back who played (albeit very well) in L1. Bellingham could flop, but all the signs are that he's a special talent, who admittedly didn't shine in the games v us.

RingoCCFC

He's my fav player but he's also someone who has had one decent season at L1 level and is a full back. I'd be very tempted with half the £10m quoted here if it could be reinvested in a suitable replacement, a defensive midfielder and a striker.

Yeah true on your most recent post. See I think at this level it’s hard to reinvest and 5mil wouldn’t buy quality so we’d be buying lower league talent and hoping to capitalize on their development. I think it’ll be crucial for us to retain our top boys though if we want to keep the train going. I get it’s hard though as the club as to financially stay afloat and like Darragh MacAnthony said about us... we’ve digged into their model of developing and flogging talent recently which levels out our finance. That’s worked well recently to get us back afloat so I feel it’s going to get harder to do that at this level where we need that talent whilst also not wanting to risk the oppertunity bringing on unproven people when results are far more crucial now.

That being said they’ve done well in recruiting and developing and leveling out the team when gaps have openedup, I have good faith! Just hope we don’t sell any of these boys just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread