Herman Heraidersson (sp?)
Martin Cranie
Richard Keogh
James McPake
Gael Bigirimana
Sammy Clingan
Freddie Eastwood
Clive Platt

(this is in addition to losing Turner and Juke mid-season, plus King, Gunnar, Westie, Carsley, Osbourne, McIndoe from an already weak squad last season)

In
William Edjenguele
Kevin Malaga
Kevin Kilbane
Steven Elliot
John Fleck

What I take from this is that a squad already criminally thin has been further decimated without adequate replacement. I know we are in a lower league and we may sign the likes of Ball, Jennings and Kuqi, but for the most part we appear to be relying on kids, passengers and journeymen :(

Willsy

Out
Danny Ireland
Martin Cranie
Richard Keogh
James McPake
Gael Bigirimana
Sammy Clingan
Freddie Eastwood
Clive Platt

(this is in addition to losing Turner and Juke mid-season, plus King, Gunnar, Westie, Carsley, Osbourne, McIndoe from an already weak squad last season)

In
William Edjenguele
Kevin Malaga
Kevin Kilbane
Steven Elliot
John Fleck

What I take from this is that a squad already criminally thin has been further decimated without adequate replacement. I know we are in a lower league and we may sign the likes of Ball, Jennings and Kuqi, but for the most part we appear to be relying on kids, passengers and journeymen :(

That's life in the 3rd tier bud

Gray

and dont forget than 90% of the players who have left are kids, passengers and journeymen

RichieGunns

Out we may sign the likes of Ball, Jennings and Kuqi,

Jennings im thinking would be a good signing but he seems to have dropped off the face of the planet lol

Ball is now confirmed as loaned for the season but is a young'un, even though he played a fair amount of games last season for Derby. I can see him having several first team starts but more of a substitute. Thorn can't allow him to burn out like the young'uns did last year.

And Kuqi...where's this one appeared from? Not heard about him at all...

CJparker

Kuqi got released by Ipswich and was mentioned in dispatches as a new target man to replace Platt

skybluegod

Danny Ireland
Martin Cranie
Richard Keogh

James McPake
Gael Bigirimana
Sammy Clingan

Freddie Eastwood
Clive Platt

Tbh this season we only lost the one's in bold the other played very little and wont be missed and the players we've brought outway the ones with importance that have left 6 in for 5 out,

And clingan was awful this season so i don't really care he's gone

Last edited:

kg82

Danny Ireland
Martin Cranie
Richard Keogh

James McPake
Gael Bigirimana
Sammy Clingan

Freddie Eastwood
Clive Platt

Tbh this season we only lost the one's in bold the other played very little and wont be missed and the players we've brought outway the ones with importance that have left 6 in for 5 out,

Agreed, exactly the point I was going to make. Not saying we won't miss them, but they were hardly used last season (and a couple of them definitely won't be missed!)

skybluegod

Agreed, exactly the point I was going to make. Not saying we won't miss them, but they were hardly used last season (and a couple of them definitely won't be missed!)

exactly i personally won't miss heraidersson, freddy and ireland

kg82

exactly i personally won't miss heraidersson, freddy and ireland

Yup, pretty much the ones I was thinking - may have made 10 appearances between them last season. Even McPake doesn't add very much to that and he was very often injured for us, although I did like him. Point is, a couple more signings (CM and FW) and I think top 6 is a feasible target.

stupot07

Nimely and norwood should really be included in the out's - I know they weren't ours but they will need replacing.

RichieGunns

Nimely and norwood should really be included in the out's - I know they weren't ours but they will need replacing.

I can see Ball being Nimely's replacement...i might be wrong though.

As for Kuqi, until i see a definate interest, he doesn't factor. It's just another rumour aint it.

I wont miss Clingan. The guy was a lazy git! Platt i'll miss as he was decent some of the time.

Cranie and Keogh for obvious reason will be missed but i believe the French lads will fill their voids nicely and we always have Wood and Cameron when he's fit.

Norwood was a big loss and he needs to be replaced, though Fleck is a good signing and could be that replacement. Again i could be wrong.

Someone said that Eilliot was a replacement for Platt but with his injury record im not sure if he'll feature as much as people may or may not hope.

Eastwood was good in the beginning but a doosh by the end so good ridence to bad trash...

I was saddened by Heraiderson. Until he popped his shoulder, he was playing good for us. He could have been a good if the injury hadn't happened.

As for Ireland and McPake...meh!

CJparker

What happened to Jennings??

Also, I guess it's fair to say that usually there will be a couple more out than in, simply because the attrition rate has to allow for younger players coming through.

kg82

What happened to Jennings??

Also, I guess it's fair to say that usually there will be a couple more out than in, simply because the attrition rate has to allow for younger players coming through.

He's still training at Ryton. He got a knock so didn't travel. I personally still think a deal will be done.

cloughie

What happened to clingan

Gone to where the grass is greener or maybe he aint got a club because who would sign him after last seasons performances

I would be dissapointed if we signed a player who played like he did last season

Users who are viewing this thread