Inflation!!!! (1 Viewer)

wingy

How come this figure is so low when we're printing money like its out of fashion.

The method of measure must be way out of touch with reality ,while our currency has gained against the Euro recently there has'nt been much shift on all the other international rates .

While it may be a useful tool in reducing our liabilities,its of no use to pretend its lower than it really is,anyone at the coalface can feel the heat.

Having always been open to the Keynesian approach I always felt Thatcher (vomit) Lawson and Lamont placed way to much emphasis on it ,utilising it as a tool to try and curtail wage demands of that era. Following Moneterist policy so strictly, curtailing the growth required to escape that recession.
It seems a little perverse now that it, being trailed as extremely low, is out of kilter with reality during a far deeper recession this time around .I've always thought theres way to much emphasis placed on it so long as it does'nt get over 6-7 %. There needs to be a more honest measure of it or telling of it ,after all the Blues have ensured theres a latent level of unemployment available to curtail wages,But I guess if you want an interest rate of 0% You can't reveal a true figure of say 5-6%.
Tear it Up!!:thinking about::slap:

dutchman

How come this figure is so low when we're printing money like its out of fashion.

I'm told it's because the surplus money is used to buy back government bonds so doesn't immediately become available to the general public.

What it'll do to inflation in the long run though isn't yet known. Some independent analysts think it will be catastrophic.

wingy

Yep think its storing up big trouble for the future ,as if the kids don't get whipped enough already.

Users who are viewing this thread