"Inexperienced managers" (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Reid
Adams
Dowie
Coleman
Boothroyd

All these are managers adept at getting teams promoted, or managing well in the Premier - or both. And how did they do at Coventry? Sacked, to a man.

So given this record of failure from so-called big-name experienced managers, I'm quite looking forward to getting someone young and who knows their way round the lower leagues, just for a change, rather than someone whose finest hour has come and gone already.

Black6Osprey

Non of them got us relegated though. Dowie was badly treated IMO and Adams got us to 8th which seems a million miles away now. Managers who know the lower leagues tend to know them for a reason. Lets not kid ourselves.

CJparker

The other thing I've found annoying is that when almost any candidate or possible candidate is mentioned, fans on here respond with "oh god, no - not him!!! " - it's as if nobody but Sir Alex Ferguson would do for our fans!

Astute

Non of them got us relegated though. Dowie was badly treated IMO and Adams got us to 8th which seems a million miles away now. Managers who know the lower leagues tend to know them for a reason. Lets not kid ourselves.

Adams only got us up to 8th because Wise joined us. Or did you forget that? If we would have had Wise all season we would have gone up.

Black6Osprey

Adams only got us up to 8th because Wise joined us. Or did you forget that? If we would have had Wise all season we would have gone up.

No I didnt forget. I dont get your point though. Manager brings in player and it improves team. Yeah Adams what an idiot :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread