Independent Rent? (1 Viewer)

Alex1987

Feel free to merge into a separate thread but is there likelihood wasps would accept an independent rent payment? E.g. Dan group fundraiser?

I assume the answer is probably no and it would be hard to raise but is it an option?

Nick

Administrator
Not sure what difference it would make as the issue wasn't with rent being paid.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It does not solve the problem. No talks until no legals. Some 3rd parties offering to pay rent does not change that

speedie87

Should sign some sort of deal for 25 years if get back to championship rent goes up and if get prem lge wasps get a huge lump sum bonus like 30million

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
They may deal with third party

An arrangement that is not binding on anyone and allows the legal action to continue? It isn't the ability to pay that is the problem. Unless the fundamental problem is dealt with who pays is irrelevant

Johnnythespider

For me the rent should be a percentage of ticket sales, the facilities are the same whichever league we are in, so the more tickets we sell the more rent Wasps get.

letsallsingtogether

For me the rent should be a percentage of ticket sales, the facilities are the same whichever league we are in, so the more tickets we sell the more rent Wasps get.
Well as a landlord I charge the same for one person as three.
You are renting the house not a proportion of it, the mortgage stays the same no matter what the occupancy is.

chiefdave

Should sign some sort of deal for 25 years if get back to championship rent goes up and if get prem lge wasps get a huge lump sum bonus like 30million
Why on earth should we hand £30m over to Wasps if we get to the Prem? This has got to be a wind up.
We already pay Wasps more the greater the attendance. Thats why half the ground is shut, if we want extra blocks open we have to pay more.

letsallsingtogether

Not really correct hence we have closed stands ;)
Yes it is correct I had a Chinese student in one of my houses she used one bedroom only other 2 were empty, her choice the rent was still the same.
Her sister did the same in Loughbourgh, doubt she got a rebate ether.

letsallsingtogether

Why on earth should we hand £30m over to Wasps if we get to the Prem? This has got to be a wind up.
Agree
They would get a bonus from having Prem football there advertising alone would be in the millions compared to the thousands now.
Why would we give them a cash payout, did we do that this season when we got promoted?

Nick

Administrator
Agree
They would get a bonus from having Prem football there advertising alone would be in the millions compared to the thousands now.
Why would we give them a cash payout, did we do that this season when we got promoted?

The money from people buying things would go up as well.

Still, it would mean getting to the Premier League first which I think would take a massive bit of luck. (for massive, see borderline impossible)

shmmeee

Worrying about how much we’ll pay in the Prem is like me worrying I won’t get Angelina Jolies eggs right in the morning.

Our big problem is we are right at the top of viability of a new stadium. If we were to go up and challenge at the top of the Championship, the Ricoh becomes viable. If not then it’s too big and any deal will feel like a rip off.

It’s up to the club to decide how to play it really. If they’re making a serious push for Championship football in the next few years a continued push for the Ricoh makes sense, through foul means or fair. If we’re looking at breaking even and the chips fall where they may we need to be building or sharing with someone like Cov Rugby.

In some ways it’s a positive that we are still chasing the Ricoh and not for sale. It means either Joy has thrown business sense out the window for revenge or she plans to at least take us up before enacting the next stage.

Nick

Administrator
Worrying about how much we’ll pay in the Prem is like me worrying I won’t get Angelina Jolies eggs right in the morning.

Firstly, you should be treating her mean to keep her keen. If she is visiting Cov and you manage to give her some charm in the City Arms she isn't there for a gentleman.

Tell her it's a McDonalds Breakfast Wrap or nothing, she can pick it up too but you will pay.

Secondly, I bet she would want all sorts of weird nonsense. Blood with leeches or something.

Thirdly, her eggs should be fertilised! HAHAHAAHAHA

Johnnythespider

Well as a landlord I charge the same for one person as three.
You are renting the house not a proportion of it, the mortgage stays the same no matter what the occupancy is.
My post was more in reply to the post suggesting the rent should go up if we are promoted to higher leagues, i don't think that is necessarily the right way to go as the facilities are the same, you would however expect our attendance to rise and this would give the increase in rent that Wasps might expect.

Sky Blue Pete

An arrangement that is not binding on anyone and allows the legal action to continue? It isn't the ability to pay that is the problem. Unless the fundamental problem is dealt with who pays is irrelevant
The legal being the fundamental thing???? Or is the fundamental thing coventry city football club playing in its home city in the only viable location??

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The legal being the fundamental thing???? Or is the fundamental thing coventry city football club playing in its home city in the only viable location??

A third party paying the rent for next season won't change either.

Users who are viewing this thread