Indemnity Amount (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Have I missed where the amount Wasps were demanding has been posted?

A guy on Social Media seems to think it's common knowledge.

Has this been said somewhere?

hill83

When I was selling my last house the buyers lawyer wanted indemnity insurance for £200, for no record of a boiler being fitted. Ended up finding the record myself online for a fiver. The bloke was gutted.

So based on that I’ve got no idea how much it would be but I’m pretty sure it’s never been said how much it would be either.

Nick

Administrator
When I was selling my last house the buyers lawyer wanted indemnity insurance for £200, for no record of a boiler being fitted. Ended up finding the record myself online for a fiver. The bloke was gutted.

So based on that I’ve got no idea how much it would be but I’m pretty sure it’s never been said how much it would be either.

What you are saying is that you can bring us back to the Ricoh?

OffenhamSkyBlue

In the same way that you can buy indemnity insurance for that, i'm sure you could buy cover for legal charges too, but i may be wrong. You can't insure your business against fines imposed by courts for (e.g.) H&S breaches or negligence claims.
(And that, kids, is why good H&S might cost a bit, but saves a hell of a lot more!!)

SBbucks

Have I missed where the amount Wasps were demanding has been posted?

A guy on Social Media seems to think it's common knowledge.

Has this been said somewhere?

No, it hasn't been stated and nor could it be. Until the European Commission rule on the case nobody has any real idea of what the financial implications could be for any of the parties. Hence the reason Wasps want CCFC to indemnify them against any costs or impact to their business that comes their way. The man is a fool, I wouldn't waste waste time on him.

tisza

I'd be surprised if there is an exact figure as it was supposed to include costs, interest etc. So that's a figure that is constantly going to be moved upwards.
Some of the quotes out there was that they wanted an indemnity to cover all Wasps & Council's costs so again a figure that could change drastically eg Commission finds there's a case to answer then legal fees will shoot up.
Whatever it is it certainly would be well in excess of the security paid to the EFL.

chiefdave

He’s got mixed up with the EFL bond hasn’t he? Think that was £1m but doesn’t have to be paid unless we confirm we are never coming back to Cov so seems more like box ticking from the league.

hill83

Cheers, you actually raise a good point to be on honest and taken on board :)

I take this as a backhand and will be piped down!

giphy.gif

stupot07

He's made a number of errors there. The amount needed to be covered by the indemnity if any won't be known until after the EU investigation.

However looking at valuations Wasps paid £6.5m for ACL including the extension for the 250 lease. And the council specifically £2.7m for 50% of ACL and £1m for the extension.

They then have valued ACL/Ricoh of c£45m+.

So assuming they would also need to pay Higgs too, if found it was illegal state aid, it could be anywhere from no payment up to c£40m.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

There is a figure being bandied about but I think it's absolute bullshit.
As Ricketts said, until the complaint is dealt with how can anyone know?
Although the person who told me also told me we would be at St.Andrews this season long before it was announced.

Sky Blue Pete

There is a figure being bandied about but I think it's absolute bullshit.
As Ricketts said, until the complaint is dealt with how can anyone know?
Although the person who told me also told me we would be at St.Andrews this season long before it was announced.
What’s the figure?

Nick

Administrator
I'd guess it's the next thing CWR push.

"there is no indemnity" get corrected so they then go onto
"there is an indemnity but its small change"

oldfiver

He's made a number of errors there. The amount needed to be covered by the indemnity if any won't be known until after the EU investigation.

However looking at valuations Wasps paid £6.5m for ACL including the extension for the 250 lease. And the council specifically £2.7m for 50% of ACL and £1m for the extension.

They then have valued ACL/Ricoh of c£45m+.

So assuming they would also need to pay Higgs too, if found it was illegal state aid, it could be anywhere from no payment up to c£40m.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Originally:
It covered WASPS , any connected parties ( CCC ? ), associates and any business partners who suffered a loss or had to pay any costs / compensation etc
They also wanted cash bond held in escrow
Not sure if that has changed

Sky Blue Pete

Originally:
It covered WASPS , any connected parties ( CCC ? ), associates and any business partners who suffered a loss or had to pay any costs / compensation etc
For the indemnity? Wow ccc too?? Are ccc and wasps linked businesses?

tisza

Originally:
opens a can of worms. If there was money to be paid out that by Wasps could effect the value of the bond and that's a big enough sum to worry people on top of any money the Council might have to reclaim from Wasps.

robbiekeane

Would be gobsmacked if wasps opened with a capped indemnity. I also don’t think it’s something sisu would negotiate as they would quite rightly be against any indemnity at all.

Bizzarre. Unless Wasps shit themselves and started offering a cap which wouldn’t be a good move really as severely weakens position

So basically I’ve got about as much a clue as Hill83 after boiler gate

MalcSB

I'd be surprised if there is an exact figure as it was supposed to include costs, interest etc. So that's a figure that is constantly going to be moved upwards.
Some of the quotes out there was that they wanted an indemnity to cover all Wasps & Council's costs so again a figure that could change drastically eg Commission finds there's a case to answer then legal fees will shoot up.
Whatever it is it certainly would be well in excess of the security paid to the EFL.
And the security will be repaid on a return to Coventry IIRC.

AStonesThrow

Hold on a minute, wait, this isn’t right. You can’t just take it, you have to threaten to rape his owl or something lol

In all seriousness, fair play for taking it on board Nick

tisza

I heard 5 mil.
I don't believe that for one minute. I'll be amazed if it's not bullshit.
I'd imagine if the EC complaint is upheld the liability will be higher than that.
If the Commission agree the actual value of the Ricoh was 50m (as SISU claim) against the 20 odd million the Council "sold" it for then there's your starting point.
In the Real Madrid case that is what they did (Madrid were ordered to pay the difference in value plus interest) although it was overturned by the appeal court who disagreed the valuation process. The side issue of an advantage over other businesses could be more complicated as Wasps do compete against other EU clubs (not just English ones) in cup competitions.

Happy_Martian

Nick, considering our club has so many parody accounts floating around on Twitter, why not create your own parody of your main account and call it "Sky Blues Fireside Chat" ? You can still post as the voice of SBT or you can challenge other individuals using your own voice under SBFC. Just an idea ;)

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Any judgment is likely to be based on the difference between an independent assessment of what a fair, arms length, commercial arrangement would have been at the time Wasps purchased the shares of ACL from the council, and what was paid. Probably plus costs and potentially ‘interest’.

I don’t know what the interest calculation would be but the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK uses 8% in settlement but I imagine it would less than that and costs may well be added.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a process that triggered action against the council if this happened as they would have been the party that broke the law on state aid.

Users who are viewing this thread