Importance of baker's goal? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I know goaldie's was a cracker but the confidence of bakers strike in the 90th minute was extraordinary!

He still gets the quickest boos in the stadium even after a run of 15 games where he has been mostly excellent.

To have the confidence to attempt the effort and the skill to make it happen was brilliant

More of the same captain

BackRoomRummermill

Very signifcant as I got 4 to 1 with paddy power anytime scorer and won 50 quid !!:p

hang on i must be a cockraoch for that !

Fair play to him , he has really grown as a player and is proving it also

Otis

Yep, Baker's goal then meant Stevenage had to throw everybody forwards and that then allowed DMC the space for the third.

Not sure whether the captaincy or MR or a combination of both has brought out the best in the lad. He is finally scoring goals at last and long may that continue.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Yep, Baker's goal then meant Stevenage had to throw everybody forwards and that then allowed DMC the space for the third.

Not sure whether the captaincy or MR or a combination of both has brought out the best in the lad. He is finally scoring goals at last and long may that continue.

Think is a combination of the both but another example of why MR is the best thing to happen to this club in a long time. My issue with baker was that he showed in bursts what he was capable but then went back to mediocre - knowing it was there was the most frustrating thing and he has been excellent under MR. I also think he is the type of player who will step up to the next level best when through good form and promotion with the same team.

BackRoomRummermill

He is around 30? and playing in the leagues he know well from his past.

He has been somewhere between Champ-LG1 standard so far in his career. I think Robins can make him a great Champ player. He aint going anywhere soon and I am pleased as he has stuck at the task and shown a bit of maturity which is now paying off

maddog

Baker has been brilliant ever since that geezer went on CWR saying how rubbish Baker was. Get that bloke back for his opinions on Macdonald and ROD

Users who are viewing this thread