I'm giving blood tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Have done for years, but thinking about I've selfishly not been since before Covid and probably at a time they need it most. I'm sure they'll sanitise everything, but just not certain I want to be around others in the room or anything else yet.

Good luck with yours, I hope it goes well.

Si80

Good man. Hope the donation went well. Donated platelets up to last year and was at about 160 donations. It's a great thing to do.

hill83

I’d love to. It’s such a good thing to do but I’m scared of needles and would 100% pass out and end up causing chaos.

RedSalmon

Did it about 6 months ago for the first time, very easy to do and straight forward. I did feel a bit out of it and tired for a couple of days after it though.

Ccfcsj

I used to be a regular donor but went one day and they said my veins had collapsed and not been able to since then - I suppose my health/medication won't allow me to either

Terry Gibson's perm

Went for years then they asked a different question about receiving blood before a certain year and they then refused to take mine. Thanks to you all that do though

Exactly the same for me, I had a blood transfusion in an operation 25 years ago and after that decided to give back and after a while they stopped me because I had the transfusion.

rob9872

Seems an odd decision as they screen it all anyhow - a good heath check up really and think of it as a free blood test :)

Mcbean

Well done - embarrassingly I would be on the floor needing attention before I git in the door 😳

Tommo1993

Got my 6th donation on the morning of the Fulham game. Considering signing up for the platelet donations. Used to be anaemic so I was a late starter.

eastwoodsdustman

I used to give regularly but caught Lyme disease about 6 years ago. I Had real trouble getting the nhs to find it as their testing for it is shite.
I’ve felt ok for the last couple of years and the blood service say I’m ok to donate but don’t think it ever goes so won’t donate again in case I give it to someone.

oscillatewildly

Haven't donated in years. Used to do it at work when the van visited.
I would embark with a shopping list of requirements from my plasma hogging workmates. Terry - Wagon Wheel, Gaz - Twix, Fat Barry - Two twix's.
And so it would go on.

Users who are viewing this thread