I'm 50 in Feb..... (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

.....The dream for playing for the City is back on, now where did I put my old boots!!!!!!

BBC Sport

Striker Kazuyoshi Miura, who turns 51 next month, has signed a new contract with Japanese second division club Yokohama FC.

The deal means he will enter the 33rd season of his record-breaking career, which began at the Brazilian side Santos in 1986.

"I will always play my heart out and hope to continue to grow (as a player)," he told Kyodo news agency.

The former Genoa and Dinamo Zagreb player has been at Yokohama since 2005.

Capped 89 times for his country, Miura's 139 goals place him sixth in the all-time list of top scorers in J-League's top division.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I carried on playing till I was 45. Okay, so I was a goalie and didn't need to run around too much, but I still felt okay. I went on to referee 5-a-side for a couple of years then decided that enough was enough. That took me to about 47ish. I had my first heart attack at 49! Maybe I should have stopped earlier? I'm now coming up to 65. I don't think I'll be putting on me boots again any time soon!

wingy

I carried on playing till I was 45. Okay, so I was a goalie and didn't need to run around too much, but I still felt okay. I went on to referee 5-a-side for a couple of years then decided that enough was enough. That took me to about 47ish. I had my first heart attack at 49! Maybe I should have stopped earlier? I'm now coming up to 65. I don't think I'll be putting on me boots again any time soon!
Maybe you should have carried on and the heart attacks may have passed you by.
I've mentioned before to you Houch about the Irish Genes.
In truth whatever you did wouldn't have made much difference.
There are Hereditory investigatiins nowadays when pattern emerges.
Personally nearly all Uncles Coronary related deaths by 60ish dad at 49.
Aunty with bypass at 41.
If they all had been on statins from around 30ish they may have had a chance.
We're all screened and offspring too. B-)

Terry Gibson's perm

I finished at 21 through injury and no desire to play non league or lower having played at a good standard as a schoolboy

bringbackrattles

Stanley Matthews played top flight football till aged fifty. When I played rugby in the 80's there was a player who was still getting stuck in and he was in his 60's. Age is but a number !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Due to my mad youth, I now have to wear a knee brace permanently. I was supposed to have a knee replacement, but after the surgeon and anaesthetist told me of the complications and risks (due to my cardiac problems) I cancelled. Hence the brace. Ah well.
OA_Knee_Bracing_System.jpg

bringbackrattles

Maybe you should have carried on and the heart attacks may have passed you by.
I've mentioned before to you Houch about the Irish Genes.
In truth whatever you did wouldn't have made much difference.
There are Hereditory investigatiins nowadays when pattern emerges.
Personally nearly all Uncles Coronary related deaths by 60ish dad at 49.
Aunty with bypass at 41.
If they all had been on statins from around 30ish they may have had a chance.
We're all screened and offspring too. B-)
As I'm 63 my doctor put me on statins a few years ago just in case he said. Just one at night so no big deal. They get a bad press I hear but luckily I get no bad side effects, other than supporting Cov City !

lifeskyblue

As I'm 63 my doctor put me on statins a few years ago just in case he said. Just one at night so no big deal. They get a bad press I hear but luckily I get no bad side effects, other than supporting Cov City !

I’ve got an appointment with doc next week Rattles re possibly being put on statins...had blood test a week ago. I hope that a commitment to dietary changes and exercise may mean I won’t be put on them as I was worried about side effects etc. However your experience makes me less concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

I’ve got an appointment with doc next week Rattles re possibly being put on statins...had blood test a week ago. I hope that a commitment to dietary changes and exercise may mean I won’t be put on them as I was worried about side effects etc. However your experience makes me less concerned.

Glad to help. First time I went on them to get cholesterol down etc I was amazed how good they were as they brought it down to the normal level. I said can I stop taking them now then ? Was told no they're for life. I'm a fit sixty year old as window cleaning/walking helps he said, but because I'm at a certain age it helps to take statins. I eat a mixture of crap food/healthy fruit and veg and exercise daily,but sadly its not enough the experts say. So keep taking the tablets !

lifeskyblue

Glad to help. First time I went on them to get cholesterol down etc I was amazed how good they were as they brought it down to the normal level. I said can I stop taking them now then ? Was told no they're for life. I'm a fit sixty year old as window cleaning/walking helps he said, but because I'm at a certain age it helps to take statins. I eat a mixture of crap food/healthy fruit and veg and exercise daily,but sadly its not enough the experts say. So keep taking the tablets !

Cheers. I will be 60 later this year. Always considered self reasonably fit and healthy. Realise I am probably up to a stone overweight but not excessive. Dont each too much crap but equally don’t overdo the veg/greens. Just the letter has proved a bit of a wake up call.
Hopefully like you they will suggest 1 a day and no more.

bringbackrattles

Cheers. I will be 60 later this year. Always considered self reasonably fit and healthy. Realise I am probably up to a stone overweight but not excessive. Dont each too much crap but equally don’t overdo the veg/greens. Just the letter has proved a bit of a wake up call.
Hopefully like you they will suggest 1 a day and no more.

If they do put you on statins ask for 10 mg as any higher they are strong. But your doctor will know what's best.
I had a break in a week ago but luckily they must have got spooked as nothing taken,just a bit of a mess.Lock changed etc. So my blood pressure was up with that !

bringbackrattles

Will do
Glad nothing taken but can imagine just knowing the b*stards have been in your place is not good for your health.

The locksmith changed my lock at midnight last week,I asked him was he busy ? He said I was his last job and he'd been to 9 break ins in Cov just that night ! No wonder everybody is getting a big dog !

Users who are viewing this thread