ifollow? (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Has anyone signed up to ifollow via the CCFC website?
Wondering what the Pros & Cons are - I'm thinking of signing up but need to know if it shows away games live as I cant always get to these especially the mid-week away games.

Cant access it right now on CCFC website as it tells me to come back in June!
(I thought it was June now).
Is it just for people outside the UK?
Any info appreciated.

Liquid Gold

It shows all league games that haven't been selected by Sky. It is intended for use outside the UK but if you use a VPN then you'll be able to watch in the UK.

LilleSkyBlue

Live matches (46 EFL fixtures only) and available only outside the UK, although I believe techy spods can find a way round that.

Well worth it overall, though you might need to test browsers to get the best reception. I found Firefox hopeless. The ifollow live helpline is pretty fast though if you do get problems with freezing, pixellating etc.

There's no commentary or replays during the live broadcasts, which makes for an experience halfway between a live and a TV match.

GaryJones

I'm looking into VPN (Virtual Private Network) right now - is this sailing close to the wind or is it perfectly ok to use to get access to this ifollow site?

wingy

Think there were a few examples of the VPN trick failing, being found out at the end of the season?

Ricketts

I signed up for it for a month, so I could watch the Morecambe game when I was away in Crete.

It wouldnt let me view, saying it was not authorised in my area,. So a complete waste of money.

Then they billed me again for the next month, it is a recurring payment scam. Why would anyone want to subscribe in the close season.

Wankers.

I have cancelled it now, after several emails. No apology for making me unable to watch the Morecambe game. Although by the sound of it, it was a blessing!

GaryJones

Im in!

wingy

I signed up for it for a month, so I could watch the Morecambe game when I was away in Crete.

It wouldnt let me view, saying it was not authorised in my area,. So a complete waste of money.

Then they billed me again for the next month, it is a recurring payment scam. Why would anyone want to subscribe in the close season.

Wankers.

I have cancelled it now, after several emails. No apology for making me unable to watch the Morecambe game. Although by the sound of it, it was a blessing!
Assumed consent/automatic rollovers scams do my Nut in .

GaryJones

Or I might be out!

D

Deleted member 4439

If you just want ifollow to watch games, you don't have to sign up for a monthly package: indeed, the only benefits this would bring are the CWR match commentary online and sky blue player videos (extended interviews, match highlights etc). Instead simply register. Whether you have ifollow membership of have simply registered with ifollow, cost to watch matches is five quid a game.

How it works thereafter:
1. Download an vpn bowser extension e.g. a Chrome app. There are a number available, some require to create an account, which is a pain, some dont, and some seem to work and some don't - it can be a bit trial and error at first until yo find what works for you. Hola is popuar but only worked for me a couple of times. Best looking into this in advance, and trying some out. If I can recall what I was using successfully last year (all the way to the end of the season), I'll edit the post to let you know. There's always a risk with freeware / free extensions that you're inviting a security risk, so you could look for a low-cost private vpn instead.
2. Once you're on your vpn, log in to ifollow, and navigate to the fixture via the matches tab on the ccfc site. You should see on there a link saying matchday centre (or something like that). This will take you through to the option for live video coverage (but note, the live video option only appears 30 mins before the match is due to start). Click this.
3. This will take you to a billing page. Enter your correct billing details, including changing the country to your country of residence eg UK (it will have defaulted to the country your vpn is using). Complete your order (will be charged in the currency of the vpn location e.g. 6 euro, 7 Canadian dollars, so you end up paying about another 75p in bank currency conversion/handling charges). Next time you wont even have to reenter your magic 3 digits, just hit complete order.
4. Go back to matchday centre, clear live view. Hook up to your TV and Enjoy.

Bit of a faff first time round, but gets easier the more times you do it.

RegTheDonk

If you can't get to the game and you don't live local (but still in UK), at the very least you get CWR commentary and can follow the match audio. Well worth it for a fiver a month.

87forever

Thanks for all the info. Can anyone just clarify, I pay a monthly subscription to ifollow, do you have to pay another £5 each time to access the live video stream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Tried several vpn’s. Found IPVanishVPN to be by far the best. Costs about £50/ year but can play all Kodi football and movies anonymously as well as choosing country for server when geographical barriers are applied.

Nick

Administrator
Yes as it's a different package
Thanks for all the info. Can anyone just clarify, I pay a monthly subscription to ifollow, do you have to pay another £5 each time to access the live video stream?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

Updates next season:

1. Commentary and video will work together (I am reliably informed by Mark Hornby)
2. Midweek games will be available for streaming inside UK (I think games are £5 a pop but maybe they will do an inbetween season ticket)

All games can be replayed in full the day after the game... or you can use the VPN trick as outlined above.

Liquid Gold

If you just want ifollow to watch games, you don't have to sign up for a monthly package: indeed, the only benefits this would bring are the CWR match commentary online and sky blue player videos (extended interviews, match highlights etc). Instead simply register. Whether you have ifollow membership of have simply registered with ifollow, cost to watch matches is five quid a game.

How it works thereafter:
1. Download an vpn bowser extension e.g. a Chrome app. There are a number available, some require to create an account, which is a pain, some dont, and some seem to work and some don't - it can be a bit trial and error at first until yo find what works for you. Hola is popuar but only worked for me a couple of times. Best looking into this in advance, and trying some out. If I can recall what I was using successfully last year (all the way to the end of the season), I'll edit the post to let you know. There's always a risk with freeware / free extensions that you're inviting a security risk, so you could look for a low-cost private vpn instead.
2. Once you're on your vpn, log in to ifollow, and navigate to the fixture via the matches tab on the ccfc site. You should see on there a link saying matchday centre (or something like that). This will take you through to the option for live video coverage (but note, the live video option only appears 30 mins before the match is due to start). Click this.
3. This will take you to a billing page. Enter your correct billing details, including changing the country to your country of residence eg UK (it will have defaulted to the country your vpn is using). Complete your order (will be charged in the currency of the vpn location e.g. 6 euro, 7 Canadian dollars, so you end up paying about another 75p in bank currency conversion/handling charges). Next time you wont even have to reenter your magic 3 digits, just hit complete order.
4. Go back to matchday centre, clear live view. Hook up to your TV and Enjoy.

Bit of a faff first time round, but gets easier the more times you do it.
I'd avoid Hola at all costs, it's sort of a P2P vpn meaning that you use the ip address of other users and they use yours. I'm sure some bloke in America isn't going to mind it looking like he's watching Cov City on ifollow but you definitely want to be fingered for some of the nefarious shit that people use a vpn for.

D

Deleted member 4439

Updates next season:

1. Commentary and video will work together (I am reliably informed by Mark Hornby)
2. Midweek games will be available for streaming inside UK (I think games are £5 a pop but maybe they will do an inbetween season ticket)

All games can be replayed in full the day after the game... or you can use the VPN trick as outlined above.

I think the change is that mid-week homes game will now be streamed through a club's site, along with all away games.

Esoterica

Assumed consent/automatic rollovers scams do my Nut in .
Me too. There's not even a website option to opt out of auto renewal (although I guess deleting card details might work), you have to email:

''However, if you do not want your subscription to automatically renew for the 2018/19 Season, or wish to use alternative payment methods, you must contact [email protected] by no later than 11 July 2018, or you may be charged.''

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I had an email saying it is going to auto renew as well. Don't mind too much as i got my money's worth!

Specs WT-R75

Yeah I had an email saying it is going to auto renew as well. Don't mind too much as i got my money's worth!

I cancelled my commentary subscription during close season. I'll review what the packs are for next year in light of the streaming options for UK fans and make a call accordingly.

covcity4life

the new midweek uk games thing wont affect the ifollow package will it? if it renews you still get every game thats not televised right?

Users who are viewing this thread