"IF" we managed to get promoted... How would we fund it (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I'm not sure what the clubs current wage bill is but have heard figures banded about that it's in the region of 2-3 million pound a year (correct me if I'm wrong) how can this club survive in the championship if its promoted?

The mid range championship wage bills now exceed over 30 million pounds leaving us as a club looking at a HUGE rise in wages just to compete financially.

Would it be more a case of hope our current squad stays together and we add 1 or 2 and hope for the best?

Seems like we'd be way out of our depth in that division in our current state

Obviously a big IF but I think its worth discussing

Evo1883

I think you are looking at it the wrong way round - it’s how we’d fund next season if we don’t get promoted

I agree with this too and I'd imagine this has been arranged or discussed in detail within the club.. But what are your thoughts on if we are promoted?

The club hoping on a callum Wilson sale? A Maddison move?

Where's the money coming from?

SlowerThanPlatt

I agree with this too and I'd imagine this has been arranged or discussed in detail within the club.. But what are your thoughts on if we are promoted?

We have no stake left in Maddison on future moves

Esoterica

Dabo, McCallum, Godden, Westbrooke, Rose, Hyam all worth fees if we need it. Jones if he can prove his fitness again and Shipley if his trajectory continues. I think that having that many saleable assets highlights the squad is in a good position to step up a level with a few astute signings.

Moff

Assuming we were back in Coventry, more season ticket sales, projected increased match day income and sponsorship would be a start.

I’m not saying that would be a fortune but looking at the way clubs yo yo between League One and the Championship I would imagine Robins would look at a season of consolidation, so would look at financially astute signings.

He and his coaching team generally have a good eye, and hopefully with talent coming through we would have a steady season.
We won’t throw cash at it, we all know that, but then plenty of clubs have done that, have failed, had shit squads and loads of debt, so splashing the cash isn’t everything!

Evo1883

Brentford wage bill was 17 million last season, Millwall had a smaller one at 13.
Preston have a bill around Brentford size too...

Reading actually had a 35 million wage bill last season

eastwoodsdustman

I had heard from someone linked to the club that they asked Robins to ease off at the back end of last season as it would have been too soon to go up again. In return they agreed to back him in the summer which they did.

Grendel

We would I think just try and survive with a very low budget like Accrington in this league

SlowerThanPlatt

Apparently, that’s what the chap said. To be fair we were a million miles away from it last year both on and off the pitch. We are certainly more prepared on the pitch should we go up this time around.

I know you’re just passing on the message but I can’t believe for one second that’s happened in a professional environment.

With 3 games remaining of last season we still had a slim chance of the play offs

Exit Stage Left

I'm not sure what the clubs current wage bill is but have heard figures banded about that it's in the region of 2-3 million pound a year (correct me if I'm wrong) how can this club survive in the championship if its promoted?

The mid range championship wage bills now exceed over 30 million pounds leaving us as a club looking at a HUGE rise in wages just to compete financially.

Would it be more a case of hope our current squad stays together and we add 1 or 2 and hope for the best?

Seems like we'd be way out of our depth in that division in our current state

Obviously a big IF but I think its worth discussing

I think if more people stop boycotting St Andrews and paid money to support the team rather then support a dodgy pub showing an illegal stream of the game, then that could help the club's finances regardless of what league we are in.

ccfcway

I had heard from someone linked to the club that they asked Robins to ease off at the back end of last season as it would have been too soon to go up again. In return they agreed to back him in the summer which they did.

Surely that can’t be the case ?

clint van damme

we'd try and become a yoyo club like Rotherham I'd imagine.
We certainly wouldn't trouble the play off places without serious investment.
Wilder worked a miracle at blades and got up with a small transfer spend but I don't know how high their wage bill was.
I've long been of the opinion that if we get to the Championship sisu would sell but every other sisu related prediction I've made has been spectacularly incorrect so no that would probably be the same.

SlowerThanPlatt

Surely that can’t be the case ?

I can’t believe it to be true either and that professional footballers and coaching staff would agree and be okay with it. We were still in the play off shake up with 3 games remaining

If that came out the club would most likely be under investigation and fined points

D

Deleted member 2477

Wasnt fisher quoted as saying a few years a go we cant afford to get promoted to the championship. If thats the case its scandalous as whats the point of competing

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wasnt fisher quoted as saying a few years a go we cant afford to get promoted to the championship. If thats the case its scandalous as whats the point of competing
And why is he still in the job.

Sky Blue Pete

I think if more people stop boycotting St Andrews and paid money to support the team rather then support a dodgy pub showing an illegal stream of the game, then that could help the club's finances regardless of what league we are in.
What about losing their morals though?

ccfcway

There are people on here who posted they didn’t want us to get to the prem. it’s truely bizarre

ccfcway

It's hard to believe somebody's morals won't allow them to go to St Andrews, but does allow them to financially support a dodgy pub by drinking their beer and watching their illegally streamed football matches.

How does that still go on in this day and age ?. Surely technology can pick out these pubs a mile off ?

letsallsingtogether

It's hard to believe somebody's morals won't allow them to go to St Andrews, but does allow them to financially support a dodgy pub by drinking their beer and watching their illegally streamed football matches.
What pub is that then?
Would they let me just have a lime and soda?

Esoterica

we'd try and become a yoyo club like Rotherham I'd imagine.
We certainly wouldn't trouble the play off places without serious investment.
Wilder worked a miracle at blades and got up with a small transfer spend but I don't know how high their wage bill was.
I've long been of the opinion that if we get to the Championship sisu would sell but every other sisu related prediction I've made has been spectacularly incorrect so no that would probably be the same.
Think Sheffield U built themselves a side far too good for this division and then the continuity carried them on. I hope that’s our underlying plan.

Users who are viewing this thread