If we get more defensive injuries... (1 Viewer)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Could you see Thorn moving anyone out of position to cover, rather than potentially start Willis, Christie, Clarke and Hussey?

Could see Conor Thomas filling in at right back for a couple of games, like Gunnarsson did briefly - based on the fact that he has superb awareness of when others are out of position and covers them, meaning he's ended up filling in at the back whilst the opposition attack is dealt with. Also puts in a good challenge.

Anyone reckon Thorn would drop anyone back from midfield or attack if things got desperate?

kg82

I'm not sure about Thomas. Thorn likes the full backs to get forward and go past defenders, Thomas hasn't got enough pace to get up and down. We have Christie for the timebeing as the only replacement and if it came to it I'd behappy for him to play anywhere across the back four. Lose 2 from there and I'm not sure? I suppose if Willis is on the bench then Thorn's got to think he's got something about him and hopefully he could justify that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I could see Deegan/Thomas potentially playing full back in an extreme emergency but I think Christie and Willis would both be used before them.

Users who are viewing this thread