If SISU stick around (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

What happens if they refuse to consider a Hoffman bid and decide to stick around? Presumably it will be a fire-sale and cost cutting in League One. Do people believe we could be competitive in League One with SISU still as owners or will the decline continue? For what it's worth, I want them to go as much as the next man however I don't see any sign that they will leave in the near future hence how can we maximise our performance while they remain in situ?

CJparker

Not sure that there is a " SISU next season" scenario - they have said they'll be here until the end of this season - presumably after that they'll cut their losses by getting the best possible deal for them (which won't be much) - they have probably had enough too. Either we'll have new owners or we won't exist

Grendel

I agree they look likely to stick around. Problem is they are not interested in the club in terms of league status. So costs will be cut and Thorn may even stay on as manager. Great. Administration is not the panacea than many think but this may now be the only get out.
Despite other views the reality is that if there were potential backers more progress would have been made.
Dark days become even darker.

Grendel

Not sure that there is a " SISU next season" scenario - they have said they'll be here until the end of this season - presumably after that they'll cut their losses by getting the best possible deal for them (which won't be much) - they have probably had enough too. Either we'll have new owners or we won't exist

We will exist but administration may be likely to start next season so welcome Div 2 shortly. Happened to Wolves in the 80's and they are OK now.

Nonleagueherewecome

But why would they put us into administration when the majority of our "debt" is owed to....SISU! If they want to guarantee not getting any money, that's the way to do it.

ccfcway

worst case is the get rid of everyone who has a value, and we rot in league one next year fighting dropping down to league two

we aint going into admin, but they will get rid of players

the whole club is a balance sheet, they dont look at the league

Exactly what i have been trying to say to say to members of the family. If only people would remember that. SISU OUT

PhilWasn'tBabb

But why would they put us into administration when the majority of our "debt" is owed to....SISU! If they want to guarantee not getting any money, that's the way to do it.

I echo these comments, the only really money we own is to SISU investors, £30 ish million. The only people that will loss out is them, it doesn't make any sense that they would put us into admin, thinking out loud, liquidation would be more likely, if we had any assets that would realise anything like the money we owe them.

I don't think SISU or there investors have any money problems with money, they just don't want to keep burning it at CCFC hence our correct position of no investment

PhilWasn'tBabb

In think SISU has said they have said that will will continue to invest (cover running costs) until the end of the season, I'm sure that have said the same thing before. I just see that as their 12 month plain, come the end of the season there will be another 12 month plain.

I might be wrong but I can't see them walking away from the investment they have made without some kind of assurances that there going to get some of it back

coundonskyblue

I echo these comments, the only really money we own is to SISU investors, £30 ish million. The only people that will loss out is them, it doesn't make any sense that they would put us into admin, thinking out loud, liquidation would be more likely, if we had any assets that would realise anything like the money we owe them.

I don't think SISU or there investors have any money problems with money, they just don't want to keep burning it at CCFC hence our correct position of no investment

Pretty sure its illegal to put a company straight into liquidation if it has debts to outside creditors. Admin has to happen first to see if the company can be salvaged. Might be wrong on that I'll admit.

Time is running out on our team and its relationship with the championship - fact

Would you trade SISU still being here for a place in the championship? Perhaps by getting as many people behind the team as we can to create an amazing atmosphere at the Ricoh we could inspire some sort of points haul?. i know some on here are too young to remember this sort of stuff but Wimbledon springs to mind all those years ago in the premiership all be it Away, fans behind the team inspire - fact.

Surely we need to have a plan B, we could still protest in the ground with banners etc? I am not against the protest but just think we need to think smart here, we are the club not SISU or even the players IMO. We should still get SISU out but without any hope elswhere we could let our heart rule our mind at the expense of championship status. We are financillay doomed in League 1 with the financial constraints coming into play and if we have planned for championship status in our finances based on this we are even more fecked!

PUSB

coundonskyblue

I would rather go down without Sisu than stay up with them. A football fan will put up with anything as long as there is hope. With Sisu there is no hope. The very very best we will ever be with them here is a bottom 6 championship side. I want more for our club than that.

ohitsaidwalker king power

We will exist but administration may be likely to start next season so welcome Div 2 shortly. Happened to Wolves in the 80's and they are OK now.

Admire your optimism:claping hands:... but Footballs a very different game now to then, would suggest that if this does happen, it'll be generations before we recover... if at all:(

I would rather go down without Sisu than stay up with them. A football fan will put up with anything as long as there is hope. With Sisu there is no hope. The very very best we will ever be with them here is a bottom 6 championship side. I want more for our club than that.

I would sooner stay up with SISU then given the choice.

Lord_Nampil

Why did John Clark say at the start of the season, he was quite confident we can break even this season. If that is the case then that to me would mean sisu think they would have a business to sell come may?? One thing though a business that breaks even in may and the same business now that has no assists??? To me it doesn't matter wat the state of the business is, no assists equals no value!!

Sisu as a hedgefund have jumped in to a situation with the guidance of Ray Ranson, and remember it was Mr Coventry himself who brought them in! That basically they thought would make them alot of money IF the team gets promoted to the prem! As we got no where near that making loads of mistakes wasting loads of money, the owners investors want there money bk. And untill they realise the money is lost they will do what they have done all season!

Something needs to change, cuz if there is none the club will wither away to nothing....

What happens if they refuse to consider a Hoffman bid and decide to stick around? Presumably it will be a fire-sale and cost cutting in League One. Do people believe we could be competitive in League One with SISU still as owners or will the decline continue? For what it's worth, I want them to go as much as the next man however I don't see any sign that they will leave in the near future hence how can we maximise our performance while they remain in situ?

You assume Hoffman's interest in genuine, valid and legitimate in the 1st instance.

If there is in fact no bid, or no bid worthy of consideration, then SISU must decline - so it is not a matter of SISU "refusing" in such case.

If there is a real and tangible bid (real cash - not debt - transparent ownership; credible personnel; a business plan) and SISU decline then that is entirely a different matter.

However in response to your post, if the alleged Hoffman bid does not go through before end of this month, then my view is we must find some common ground with SISU for the remainder of this season as we have a common interest in retaining Championship status.

We know the financial situation is precarious. We expect a sale or two this window to balance the books - we are no different to many teams in this respect (Sordell at Watford; Maynard at Bristol City; Redmond at Birmingham etc etc).

However to continue to protest when there is no viable alternative is in many respects to condemn the team to a torrid time for the rest of the season. The team need decent crowds behind them on matchday,and lots of encouragement - the 12th man to lift them - fortress Coventry. The off field distractions will do the team and club no good when faced with a relegation dogfight.

My view - we suspend direct action until the summer. We send some supporters representatives to meet with SISU and we try and agree a way forward for the remainder of the season with a view to an agreed sale of of the club in the summer.

No - I am not a WUM. No - I am not a SISU "lover". I am however realistic and if SISU is the only hand we are dealt for the remainder of this season then we must accept it and work with it.

Sub

.[/QUOTE}No - I am not a WUM. No - I am not a SISU "lover". I am however realistic and if SISU is the only hand we are dealt for the remainder of this season then we must accept it and work with it.[/QUOTE}

Never, aslong as they are there i will not put a foot inside the ground, i will just go to away games SISU can go fook themselves just the same way they think about the fans !!!!

Gaz

I think the bottom line is that the club is not worth the money that Sisu would want back/sell for.

So Sisu either need to be realistic in the valuation of the club and take a loss or have a business plan in place for the future and invest in the club.
Because if we keep selling one or two, to balance the books and invest nothing back in then we are obviously only going to get weaker and drop further down what ever league we are in.

Grendel

Admire your optimism:claping hands:... but Footballs a very different game now to then, would suggest that if this does happen, it'll be generations before we recover... if at all:(

He admires my optimism Rich...take note.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

I think the bottom line is that the club is not worth the money that Sisu would want back/sell for.

So Sisu either need to be realistic in the valuation of the club and take a loss or have a business plan in place for the future and invest in the club.
Because if we keep selling one or two, to balance the books and invest nothing back in then we are obviously only going to get weaker and drop further down what ever league we are in.
I agree, Gaz. Clearly the club at present has very few assets and is consequently worth very little. However in League One or worse denuded of all talented players and any TV revenue we will be worth even less. Unless SISU invest this slow decline will continue and they will never recoup any of the money they have supposedly invested. It's amazing that they don't appear able to see this.

Users who are viewing this thread