If relegated, what next? (1 Viewer)

guicey15

Things aren't looking good for us at the moment, and relegation looks very likely. So when the inevitable happens, what do you think will happen next regarding a return to the championship.

A. Go down, but come straight back up the next season and return a better team

B. Get stuck in league 1 for a few seasons before returning as a good team

C. Yo-yo between the two leagues for the next few seasons

D. Or decline down and down the leagues like Luton or Plymouth.

I think D is the least likely, I honestly don't think Gary hoffman or the fans would let that happen. C is possible but I personally don't think that will happen either. As much as I would like A to happen, with the current owners, that is pretty much impossible. If Gary Hoffman or other investors come in willing to spend some cash then I think that's possible, but in our current situation now, I'd say B is most likely.

What do you think?

SkyBlue

I think either A or B, I know we all said that when we were relegated from the Prem but League One is a completely different league

mark82

In current situation I can't see anything but D. However don't think it will come to that and with new investment probably B or A. Having said that Sheffield Wednesday didn't set the world alight when they came back and then struggled when they were relegated again last year. They are a bigger club than we are.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think the squad as it currently is would get automatic promotion from League 1-but it would be a good bet for a top 10 finish and a probable play-off spot. It all hinges on who's at the helm if we find ourselves in that division-if we're in League One with our half stake in the Ricoh, Hoffmann in charge, and a proper transfer budget, we should be looking at a quick return. If SISU remain at the top indefinitely, this club will not exist in its current incarnation beyond 5 years max.

Godiva

Skyblueweeman

You think D is least likely? I'm sure that's what the fans of clubs like Luton and Plymouth probably thought....

I'd like to think A, but it totally depends on the ownership of our club at that juncture.

J

Jack Griffin

My feeling is

B if SISU stay, then they'll sell
A if SISU sell to Hoffmans consortium

stupot07

At the moment A is definitely the least likely unless there is significant investment in the team.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Definately won't be A or B. I suppose C could be a vague possiblity, but as City are a club who haven't been in the top six in ANY division for 42 years, I can't see this happening. They are just NOT a promotion pushing club. Or at least that's how it's felt by me for the last 42 years (been supporting them for nearly 50 years!). So it looks like D is the only option. I really hope I'm wrong and will gladly take any flak for sounding negative, but lads, I'm being realistic. :(

mark82

Definately won't be A or B. I suppose C could be a vague possiblity, but as City are a club who haven't been in the top six in ANY division for 42 years, I can't see this happening. They are just NOT a promotion pushing club. Or at least that's how it's felt by me for the last 42 years (been supporting them for nearly 50 years!). So it looks like D is the only option. I really hope I'm wrong and will gladly take any flak for sounding negative, but lads, I'm being realistic. :(

We will get promoted back at some point in the near future. When we do it would be nice to push on to the prem like Norwich did and Southampton will do. Won't happen without investment though.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
We will get promoted back at some point in the near future. When we do it would be nice to push on to the prem like Norwich did and Southampton will do. Won't happen without investment though.

Hmmmm..... I'll reserve judgement until I see it, but I really think that once we go down there will be no coming back - certainly not for a good many years - and I won't be around to see it! :(

mark82

Hmmmm..... I'll reserve judgement until I see it, but I really think that once we go down there will be no coming back - certainly not for a good many years - and I won't be around to see it! :(

As I say, depends what we get in the way of investment.

Nonleagueherewecome

Assuming we are owned by SISU, absolutely definitely D. Then maybe it'll be "D for Darlington-stylee"

craigus12

i have no evidence to believe that next season or any seasons beyond will give us any success whatsoever. can only see mid table obscurity or further relegation and rebuilding.

Gaz

We will never do well while we have Sisu in charge.
Simple way to look at it would be that if we are around the top six of the league then we would have players playing well, and then that would mean other teams interested in them.
And we all know what happens when other teams are interested in our better players.

So in short, our team will be broken up and sold if we do well.

Stoppercurtis

We should not yet accept that it is impossible to stay in this division. Getting promoted from any league is hard so if we go down then B) is the most likely outcome assuming a change of ownership.

Stopper

Tankie

Morning Fellas.
When you own something that some one else wants,
Your are in effect holding all the aces, what we are seeing here is a good old fashioned mexican Stand off, with both sides digging their heels in.
I personally have a notion that, SISU, arn't hurting as much as we are led to believe, sure they must be losing money, but because of their financial savvy they are off setting the losses, through some Tax loophole or an off shore account or something like.
It appears that sisu are brazening it out against the Hoffman consortium, who are in turn playing Hardball.
All this display of strutting and sabre rattling is at the detriment of CCFC, who almost certainly will be playing in the third tier of English Football next season,
Will sisu do the honorable thing and accept the Hoffman approach, I think not, the words Sisu and honour, do not sit well together in the same sentence.
Are we close to a deal or not? who knows, the whole ownership of the Club has been covered in a veil of mist and uncertainty from day one really, and the train had been derailed almost a soon as the ink was dry on the contract, and with almost every Sisu statement being read out by a different CEO, no one not even the manager gets information he needs to field a team,for every game.
It's my belief that Sisu FInance will continue to ruthlessly Sell any of our players they get an offer for,When we were taken over SISU promised to use their Cheque book, instead they have used a wrecking Ball to bash the hope and aspirations of Supporters into the ground.
I have now gone full circle, with the club I was taken to as a child, on the crossbar of my dads bike,and it is with great sadness, that I see the Desperate circumstances, that we now find ourselves in.
36_1_38.gif

Users who are viewing this thread