If Phil Brown arrives... (1 Viewer)

CCFC123

... that's it for me.... I wont be up there for a while....

Otis

Don't worry.

Had a word with the council and they are going to change all the signposts. He won't get near the club. ;)

Spence CCFC

Do us a favour and don't come then. The last thing this club needs is more negativity. Frankly, I think people just start these threads to massage their own egos. Fine, don't come for whatever reason but keep those to yourself or if you must put them in the thread about that manager. And for the record I wouldn't be happy with Phil Brown either but if it happens it happens.

Kevin_Kilbane

... it will be Doomsday then. I can only remember him for once doing the half-time team-talk on the pitch at Hull. That was a disgrace really and I lost the rest of respect I had for him at that day.

@richh87

I hope he gets the job, and if he does and is successful i'll be dragging these pathetic threads back up.

The bloke got Hull to the Prem and kept them there - that doesn't happen by accident.

Otis

Peter Reid took Sunderland up to the Premiership .... twice.

That doesn't happen by accident.

skybluegod

Tbh if you really loved the club then you should go to the matches for the club not for the people who are running it. sure you could say i go to so many matches or i have got a ST but you should support your club no matter who's in charge. I'll go to watch Coventry play not matter who is running the club. The only thing im ashamed of as a cov fan is the fans themselves.

CCFC123

Do us a favour and don't come then. The last thing this club needs is more negativity. Frankly, I think people just start these threads to massage their own egos. Fine, don't come for whatever reason but keep those to yourself or if you must put them in the thread about that manager. And for the record I wouldn't be happy with Phil Brown either but if it happens it happens.

oh piss off you orrid tw*t

Sawyer

He's a well experienced manager and doesnt require compensation fee for a club etc... he is the perfect candidate imo! We need to pull together as fans and stand tall and strong, unite not divide. Its a wonder this club is falling apart if the fans cant even unite! Come on lads, let's get fully behind anyone who gets appointed and be proud!!

Otis

Micky Adams took Leshtur to the Premiership.

Iain Dowie took Palace to the Premiership

Aidy Boothroyd took Watford to the Premiership.

I want one of those here.

RichieGunns

... it will be Doomsday then. I can only remember him for once doing the half-time team-talk on the pitch at Hull. That was a disgrace really and I lost the rest of respect I had for him at that day.

I don't think thats a disgrace at all. He was shocked at his teams performance. He wanted the players to see how shocked the fans were too. It takes guts to do something like that. We need a manager with that type of guts. It also shows he's willing to give the players a bollocking and won't take shit from them.

I'm not sure about him but I will support him regardless. If he manages my club then he gets my backing. The same should go for you!

gally9

We get who we get.. That forum tonight has put a lot of perspective on our position.. I feel a little better about the situation now..

Otis

If the shortlist of 3 is a melon, a banana and Phil Brown.

Phil Brown is third favourite.

Or if it is just down to Brown I would substitute him for a tub of lard in a HIGNFY stylee.

Last edited:

old westender

do not go any more then just stop your whinging and just become a plastic because this is my team and i will support them what ever . moan moan moan does your head in!:wave:

Spence CCFC

well you sounded like a right fag. try not to look to much into what people say, hanging every word, sectioning anyone that says anything you dont agree with. you a doctor by any chance?

A fag? Just because I think it's a waste of time to say things like "oh I won't watch them if blah blah is in charge"? Chances are if Brown did take charge and we were top of the League you would be queuing up for your ticket the same as everyone else. Cov fans love an excuse not to attend games. And no I'm not a doctor.

Otis

Lawyer? Plumber? Bus Driver? Park Ranger?

You need to give a bit more of a clue or this could go on for days.

SkyBlueArmy12

I find it rather amusing that certain individuals would not happy with Brown. We should be thankful we have candiates wanting this job, this club is currently crying out for help and in a sorry state so we should be happy that Phil Brown is even debating coming here. As for his half-time team talk I was a huge fan of it, it took guts and bottle to humilate them players because they deserved it for their poor performance on the pitch and after watching most of our players perform this season we should be getting that exact same treatment.

Otis

Did you not read the reports?

All his humiliating of the players and youth team backfired on him.

Otis

'The Tigers boss, 50, humbled his players by making them sit on the pitch for a half-time dressing down at Manchester City last Boxing Day.
Brown’s side were 4-0 down at the time and he was fuming over their embarrassing first-half performance.
Hull ultimately lost the game 5-1 and the shock move appeared to backfire on the manager.

The Tigers went on to win only ONE of their remaining 19 Premier League games last season and only stayed up because of Newcastle’s final-day defeat at Aston Villa.'

covcity4life

If the shortlist of 3 is a melon, a banana and Phil Brown.

Phil Brown is third favourite.

Or if it is just down to Brown I would substitute him for a tub of lard in a HIGNFY stylee.

why are you trying to be a comedian in EVERY post lately?

its boring.

Otis

[video=youtube;Lte1R2NAIlg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lte1R2NAIlg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

George Boateng critical of Phil Brown.

covcity4life

I find it rather amusing that certain individuals would not happy with Brown. We should be thankful we have candiates wanting this job, this club is currently crying out for help and in a sorry state so we should be happy that Phil Brown is even debating coming here. As for his half-time team talk I was a huge fan of it, it took guts and bottle to humilate them players because they deserved it for their poor performance on the pitch and after watching most of our players perform this season we should be getting that exact same treatment.

i agree i thought it was a master stroke and they did wells econd half, but the drop off was a bit crazy after

if fergie had done it the media would have made it the best managerial moment ever.

Otis

why are you trying to be a comedian in EVERY post lately?

its boring.

I'm pretty sure it's not compulsory to read every post of mine.

I make jokes about everything, all the time, all day long. That is me. That's the way I am. I usually see a joke somewhere in everything unless it is some really serious matter (Hillsborough etc)

Just put me on ignore if you don't like it.

skyblueman

I'm pretty sure it's not compulsory to read every post of mine.

I make jokes about everything, all the time, all day long. That is me. That's the way I am. I usually see a joke somewhere in everything unless it is some really serious matter (Hillsborough etc)

Just put me on ignore if you don't like it.

You stay as you are Otis - cheers me up at least - that one yesterday "UNTANNABLE" - genius :p

Otis

Don't know why he's says 'lately.'

I've always been the same. Got it off my uncle at an early age. He was a real comedian. His brother, my dad, is a sourpuss and he never ever laughs, so I kind of rebelled against that from an early age and my first thought on anything and everything is to find something humorous within it. Unless it is of course a serious matter.

Couldn't change now even if I wanted to.
:D

I do believe that I am also probably the most sarcastic person on this planet!;)

AFCCOVENTRY

The way Waggott spoke last night i think Brown is ruled out as well as Wilder.

Interesting that Money and Ince have been interviewed.

Otis

GMK have posted this video of Brown. Okay, it's put together as a joke, but it's still pretty good. :D

[video=youtube;7hcKyasPFHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcKyasPFHI[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread