If only the Telegraph had this sort of bottle! (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

great aint it

would have been good for the echo in terms of sales

i'd love the CT to be throw out for questionning SISU

ccfctommy

Don't get what point you are trying to make. The paper has done that article because they have been banned by the club.

Paxman II

Biting the hand that feeds you?...or is that the cherry on the top!

Think the editors are wrong. So what if they don't like your reporting and ban you from the press conference. report it anyway. That's you job for the readership. What transpires is in each report you give and won't make the club officials look good will it? So just carry on...the clubs stance will change so don't rise to it.

I lived in Bournemouth during my friend Harry's days there and frankly the residents don't like having a football club that enjoys any success. They won't give planning consents to the ground as it's in the par and so long as it's in the lower reaches and remains small that's Ok.
I don't think anything has changed since...

coundonskyblue

Don't get what point you are trying to make. The paper has done that article because they have been banned by the club.

My point was they've asked questions and written reports that the club didn't like. I'm not familier with the situation at Bournemouth, all I'm trying to say is the Telegraph always seems afraid of upsetting the club.

It's a bit like the inevitable question every week to Thorn from CWR......"so Andy, your thoughts on that match......."

Do we want that or something a little more probing. :thinking about:

Covstu

It would be nic to get more info and fr the Cet to be more challenging but they don't getbinfrnt of the right people in the firstbplace to ask these question!

Otis

It's a bit like the inevitable question every week to Thorn from CWR......"so Andy, your thoughts on that match......."

It's not even that. It's .........

Foster: "So, Andy, you had a lot of possession, especially in the first half, but seemed to be undone by one silly mistake that cost you the game. Is that how you saw it?"

Thorn: "Yes."

Foster: You happy with the effort though? The players seemed to really give it all they had. Are you proud of the way they kept going until the final whistle?"

Thorn: "Yes."

Foster: "Thanks Andy. Back to the studio."

They are pretty much all retorical questions and put the words in the manager's mouth. It's all a bit amateurish and embarrassing.

Paxman II

Journalism has become pathetic. They either have no intelligent questions or ask the obvious, fail to listen to a response or they tend to be OTT in reporting a mountain out of a mole hill.

I will say though the telegraph reporters should be seeking more information from CCFC. What about that supposed take over we all want to hear about? About time they asked about that.

As for those muppets on the radio? Oh well that's just poor and Linnell likes his own voice which tends to sound like someone is crushing his nether region. Not a radio voice as they used to say in my day!

@richh87

I'd rather they asked SISU the probing questions. I'd especially like to see Joy Seppalla probed.

Brighton Sky Blue

CET and CWR get barred and it gives the club an extra excuse not to communicate-whilst they keep toeing the line, they can report what they want.

coundonskyblue

CET and CWR get barred and it gives the club an extra excuse not to communicate-whilst they keep toeing the line, they can report what they want.

They can report what they like, but I want them to report what WE want. We are the readers/listeners. People would have more respect for them if they did. We don't get any real info out of the club now except the same old rubbish anyway.

Also they could only stop interviews with CWR, they can't stop them from reporting on the games as they have a contract.

Brighton Sky Blue

My point was that all they can report is what the club wants them report, as without access they lack the gumption to discover anything worthy themselves. I stopped reading Telegraph articles months ago as you get more information off forums at the moment.

SBS

The telegraph seem to put out a story about Hoffman every month or so, it's got a bit tiresome as we seem to be no nearer to being taken over. As for CWR, it was nice hearing Rob Gurney back on the other week, always liked his commentary when we were in the Premier League. Linell bores the sh!t out of me.

ohitsaidwalker king power

The CT have been a bloody disgrace over this whole SISU affair... I've long advocated and am now active in boycotting their publication. I dare say their lack of probing investigative journalism is a function of the fact that they are no longer a true "Coventry paper" owned by Trinity Mirror group a national concern more interested in the bottom line than serving the local public with what they truly want and deserve.
On the other hand....Mercia radio thank goodness can boast not only a local name but ownership.......

Edit: Mercia is soon to be "Free" radio.....:facepalm: I give up!

Users who are viewing this thread