If it is true.... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

That we were offered cash for Stevenson, Willis and Haynes and did not accept the offers.
If such offers came in again in January.
Would you accept? If so for who and where would you strengthen?

I would accept cash for Willis and Stevenson.
I would sign a winger and a goal scorer.
I would allow one of our current strikers to go and I would loan Ponti out.

Otis

If the offers were decent enough I would have let all three go. Stevenson is the one I would like to keep the most out of the three however.

I too would go for a winger. With Jones on one side and another similar styler player on the other flank I think we would be really potent.

Now not sure on the striker front. Obviously though Nazon could easily go back in January. If he did we would mist definitely need to replace him.

I would still like to see another Doyle type player brought to the squad. We can't just cross our fingers and hope he lasts the whole season.

Monty

It is a squad game and we are building for the long term as well as this season. Willis at the moment is a mainstay in the team so would not want to upset a successful defence. Haynes and Stevenson mostly due to injuries are not currently in the squad and will not be match fit when they are immediately involved. From that point if they leave and we can get mid 20s match fit players who mean the squad improves I think they should be sold. However if we sell haynes we would need to get another LB as that is one area we have limited cover in.

skybluegod

None of them. Unless they were unbelievable offers.
Don’t understand why you would sell Stevenson and replace him with a winger and a striker, when we only have 2 other senior midfielders?
Yes we need another winger, but not at the expense of one of our better players.
Willis is a key player.
Stevenson was worth 1.5 million a year ago, and Haynes is probably the best back up that you will get as a league 2 left back because nobody wants to be second choice in league 2.

Skybluefaz

Don’t understand why you would sell Stevenson and replace him with a winger and a striker, when we only have 2 other senior midfielders?
Yes we need another winger, but not at the expense of one of our better players.
Willis is a key player.
Stevenson was worth 1.5 million a year ago, and Haynes is probably the best back up that you will get as a league 2 left back because nobody wants to be second choice in league 2.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

higgs

Willis in last yr of contract Haynes signed 2 yr deal in summer stevenson has 3 yrs left

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Covstu

I wouldnt want to upset the back four in particular so wouldn't like Willis or Haynes to go. Wouldn't lose sleep over Stevenson but I don't think we would get 1.5m for him at the moment, most would probably be left as instalments or milestones

Otis

I wouldnt want to upset the back four in particular so wouldn't like Willis or Haynes to go. Wouldn't lose sleep over Stevenson but I don't think we would get 1.5m for him at the moment, most would probably be left as instalments or milestones
Well for me, Stevenson is the best of the three so the one I least want to sell.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Still can’t believe we didn’t accept bids for Haynes :)

I don’t think him and Stokes will fit into the same team, and once he’s fit, neither will want to play second fiddle.

And whilst Stokes lacks pace, for me he’s a defender, and better defensively than Haynes is.

Stevenson has not been the same player since the January transfer talk, albeit most of that time in between he’s been injured! If someone was to come in for him, I’d look to accept a bid (if deemed reasonable; I wouldn’t let him go for pittance).

The cup games showed that he isn’t the answer to replace Kelly or Doyle so is an area we still need to invest in and if that means sacrificing him, so be it

As for Willis, the only tho g that worries me is his injury record and how often he pulls up in games. Otherwise I like him; he’s not the finished article, but I think his athleticism and build suits CB, despite not being the tallest

skybluegod

Still can’t believe we didn’t accept bids for Haynes :)

I don’t think him and Stokes will fit into the same team, and once he’s fit, neither will want to play second fiddle.

And whilst Stokes lacks pace, for me he’s a defender, and better defensively than Haynes is.

Stevenson has not been the same player since the January transfer talk, albeit most of that time in between he’s been injured! If someone was to come in for him, I’d look to accept a bid (if deemed reasonable; I wouldn’t let him go for pittance).

The cup games showed that he isn’t the answer to replace Kelly or Doyle so is an area we still need to invest in and if that means sacrificing him, so be it

As for Willis, the only tho g that worries me is his injury record and how often he pulls up in games. Otherwise I like him; he’s not the finished article, but I think his athleticism and build suits CB, despite not being the tallest

Would argue replacing players like Stevenson and Haynes is better suited to summer though?
Both are more than adequate at this level.
And I personally hate the January window, it doesn’t suit lower league clubs, except for extending loans, or maybe trying to pick up another player on loan. Very few can afford to fork out a load of cash.

Covstu

Well for me, Stevenson is the best of the three so the one I least want to sell.
Best prospect out of the three but in terms of this season, he is the least priority in my view. The defence is tight and want to keep it that way. I think it's a crossroads for Stevenson this year, he has a great opportunity to make a name for himself in this league, let's hope he can for our sakes

skybluegod

Best prospect out of the three but in terms of this season, he is the least priority in my view. The defence is tight and want to keep it that way. I think it's a crossroads for Stevenson this year, he has a great opportunity to make a name for himself in this league, let's hope he can for our sakes

Least priority? What if Doyle or Kelly pick up a long term injury? And obviously we will have the inevitable suspensions of the both.

Agree it is a cross roads but he doesn’t seem to suit Robins style of play. So if a good offer came in summer i could see him accepting.

covcity4life

sell none of them unless too good tor efuse offers(im thinking 1m for stevenson, 500k for willis and 250k for haynes)

we need them for the squad, its not that big at end of the day and willis has been vital to our form so far especially.

Grendel

We will struggle to attract much of a fee for any of them. We should have sold Stevenson in hindsight probably - Willis in every league he plays in looks average - Haynes im staggered we didn't sell when we could.

Grendel

sell none of them unless too good tor efuse offers(im thinking 1m for stevenson, 500k for willis and 250k for haynes)

we need them for the squad, its not that big at end of the day and willis has been vital to our form so far especially.

If anyone offered those sort of fees I'd drive them there myself!

Covstu

Least priority? What if Doyle or Kelly pick up a long term injury? And obviously we will have the inevitable suspensions of the both.

Agree it is a cross roads but he doesn’t seem to suit Robins style of play. So if a good offer came in summer i could see him accepting.
So not a priority if he doesn't play in robins team then...

stupot07

Willis is a key player.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatso

I'd let all three go, and bring in a keeper and a striker (the type that scores goals)

skybluegod

So not a priority if he doesn't play in robins team then...
But he is a priority if we can’t replace him? As I said if you read it. January is not a time to do business for a club like Coventry.
It is a priority to keep these players because it will be very hard to replace them. Come summer it isn’t a priority.

Johnnythespider

If the offers were decent enough I would have let all three go. Stevenson is the one I would like to keep the most out of the three however.

I too would go for a winger. With Jones on one side and another similar styler player on the other flank I think we would be really potent.

Now not sure on the striker front. Obviously though Nazon could easily go back in January. If he did we would mist definitely need to replace him.

I would still like to see another Doyle type player brought to the squad. We can't just cross our fingers and hope he lasts the whole season.
No, we need to cross our toe's, legs and hearts aswell

steve82

Stevenson I'd be keeping hold of for a while till his value rises again as surely at the minute it's lower than what it should be as he's had injury troubles this whole calendar year.

Haynes I'd keep as he will play a part possibly in a more advanced role as the season goes on as he has the ability to go past his man and can use his right foot and left comfortably.

Willis I'd be in too minds about, he will be in the last 6 months of his current deal. Can we get more in a development fee in the summer should he leave, or sell in the January window if there is another target MR has in mind.

Also plenty will depend on if we can wheel and deal to better the squad or need to due to injuries to balance the team

Users who are viewing this thread