We have RoD and Elliott up front

Between the two of them, they have scored 14 goals in the past 3 seasons

After Jennings, priority has to be a striker to help out Elliott and Cody

ccfcway

If we lost Keogh and Wood to injury, would be left with Willis and Cameron

If we lost Cody and Elliott to injury, we would be left with RoD and Jeffers

I know which I am more concerned about

CCFC_Charlie

We have more guarantee that Cody, Elliott and ROD are going to stay, opposed to Keogh and Willis. As it stands, yes a new striker should be priority but in a weeks time I can see it being different.

ccfcway

not sure RoD will stay, but I can see your point.

Lets hope your wrong though :)

I'd love Keogh to be here captaining that team

smileycov

Facebook User
The truth of the matter is, we will not know how the team will fare until we start. ROD may suit Div 1 he may not, Fleck and Elliott may be head and shoulders above the talent in this league, maybe not. Cody may prove what most on here think and have a top season............The one thing i am certain about is we will be competing this year and i am sure we will do okay, how well depends on how the lads settle and the team as a whole performs together.

Bring It On :claping hands:

covcity4life

flech,mcsheff,baker will hopefully chip in with more goals this season

i think cody can bag 20 in this league

if elliott and rod can grab 15 between them that might be alright,i still wanna see rod play 5 games in a row for us and then see how many he scores

hill83

I agree with ROD, he's not looked too clever when he has come on, but it has only been bit parts here and there. Appears to have a bit of pace which will help.
He needs time on the pitch.

theprince

Need a centre forward. Although a cart horse Platt deciding to leave was a blow to Andy Thorn and his team building. Is there nothing in the youth squad ? What about that Courtney bloke ?

Astute

The way I see it we are signing midfielders to have Sheffers up front. There are a lot of big slow defenders in Div3. I can see him having his best season for years.

stupot07

The way I see it we are signing midfielders to have Sheffers up front. There are a lot of big slow defenders in Div3. I can see him having his best season for years.

That wouldn't be hard, he's been poor since the 2006-07 season.

speedie87

he's been poor................yet still scored more goals than the rest of the midfield combined since his return.

Astute

Scores more than our strikers from midfield as well.

It is about time we played him in his best position again. Left Mid is now covered.

cloughie

he's been poor................yet still scored more goals than the rest of the midfield combined since his return.

A striker is judged by his goals so everyone says yet as you say more goals from midfield than others, so give him a run up front

well we dont know if mcdonald can cut it at this level anyway, i assume they will give him a chance but i feel goalscoring will be our biggest problem, im hoping we bring a striker or two in before the first game

Astute

Prefer Sheff in midfield as it gives us a goalscorer from deeper positions

By the looks of our signings so far we are going to be playing an attacking game. We have a lack of strikers that we know can score. We are starting to look like we have a strong midfield. This to me says Sheffers will play up front for at least part of the season. We will not know for sure though until the season starts.

covcity4life

By the looks of our signings so far we are going to be playing an attacking game. We have a lack of strikers that we know can score. We are starting to look like we have a strong midfield. This to me says Sheffers will play up front for at least part of the season. We will not know for sure though until the season starts.

i tell you i cannot wait for this friendly on saturday!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread