Ideas to help the Club (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The thread may degenerate into the weird, wonderful and the plain mad but if you could suggest one thing that could help improve the club (assuming SISU out is on many peoples list), what would it be?

Maybe we could tweet a good list or get someone old fashioned to write to the club with them.

So thinking caps on, innovations and suggestions for making CCFC a better club, either financially, better integrated to our community and society, ways to win etc

1. Open Training Sessions of the team.

letsallsingtogether

Put a match offer together for one game plaster it all over the City,
If it works great you might get a few extra supporters every week if not you lose a few hundred quid.
Need to get people back in the ground.
All kids free with an adult paying £20.00 Inc booking fee.
Students for a tenner.
Under 25s £15.
Women's day all women free.
give out those cardboard clapper like leicester did get the place rocking make them want to come back at full price.
And fially get rid of ticket master you could automatically cut prices by a couple of quid, charge 1 pound booking fee instead of 3 that should be enough to pay your own staff.
Look around you at the next game we are an aging support need to get in new blood.

ccfcway

a free ticket for season ticket holders who spends £15 in the club shop

a free ticket for walk ups if they spend £20 in the shop

We need to make one game a loss leader. Maybe one around xmas be free to get in, but you have to make at least a £10 donating to a specific local charity.

Thought being if we are still competitive some may come back if they enjoy it in the new year.

skybluegod

Put a match offer together for one game plaster it all over the City,
If it works great you might get a few extra supporters every week if not you lose a few hundred quid.
Need to get people back in the ground.
All kids free with an adult paying £20.00 Inc booking fee.
Students for a tenner.
Under 25s £15.
Women's day all women free.
give out those cardboard clapper like leicester did get the place rocking make them want to come back at full price.
And fially get rid of ticket master you could automatically cut prices by a couple of quid, charge 1 pound booking fee instead of 3 that should be enough to pay your own staff.
Look around you at the next game we are an aging support need to get in new blood.

My brother went to Coventry university, and I know back then, that the club used to give free tickets to students.
Might have changed now, and I’m not sure how many, but they used to have links.
Their sports courses also involve work with the club so their are some links with the uni at least

chiefdave

I don't think they'd get enough viewers to justify the cost for U18 games barring the Youth Cup games. U23 games would be a good shout though, some clubs do it already. Think our next game against QPR U23s at Loftus Road will be available to watch on YouTube for free
QPR last time was just broadcast on youtube from a single camera. Would be little to no cost for that. Presumably we already have the equipment we use for ifollow so take that up to the Higgs, then just need an internet connection.

singers_pore

Tell TF that he is better served being permanently relocated to N. Iraq.

Appoint a new Chairman who lives in Coventry and who leaves no stoned un-turned to increase the club's profile among the local population. For example:

More radio interviews with club representatives.
Meet and greets outside the stadium on a matchday where the club chairman interacts and welcomes fans.
An ultra fans group to create more atmosphere, with blue smoke, large flags, etc.
Better promotions of club activities and products on social media.
Forging links with local soccer leagues (e.g., Futsal).
More training days and ticket giveaways for local kids.
Getting fans to vote on a choice of new kits.
Creating some excitement and anticipation before games through the local media and social media.
Offering fans happy hours vouchers if they get into the stadium early where the vouchers can be used to buy food and drink (benefits the food retailers by encouraging early footfall while also building some goodwill for the club with fans and the Ricoh).
Improving the club shop as an internet retail outlet.
Better publicity for U23 games.
Teaming up with local pubs and social clubs within the vicinity of the ground to create a better atmosphere on a matchday.
Much better marketing of cheap match packages to counteract the negative publicity associated with the high walk up price (the purpose of the walk up price is to extract as much money as possible from away fans who are less price elastic).
More support for the former players' association.

The club is run in an absolutely shambolic way at the moment because the CEO and Chairman have no heart or passion for the city or the club. I honestly don't know what the CEO does all day? We know the Chairman does almost nothing because he told us that he finds the club to be a distraction from his main business interests.

no_loyalty

1 whole hour of Otis doing his best stand up routine before every home game.

I can only usually tolerate it for half an hour, but I have to say its pretty good

Seamus1

Be open and transparent with the fans. Show us revenue details: if the club want us to part with our hard earned money, show us where it is being spent on the club only, and convince any doubters that it does not go to SISU to fund more court appearances

Sky Blue Harry H

....and 200 of these !
images

SkyBlueCRJ

Tell TF that he is better served being permanently relocated to N. Iraq.

Appoint a new Chairman who lives in Coventry and who leaves no stoned un-turned to increase the club's profile among the local population. For example:

More radio interviews with club representatives.
Meet and greets outside the stadium on a matchday where the club chairman interacts and welcomes fans.
An ultra fans group to create more atmosphere, with blue smoke, large flags, etc.
Better promotions of club activities and products on social media.
Forging links with local soccer leagues (e.g., Futsal).
More training days and ticket giveaways for local kids.
Getting fans to vote on a choice of new kits.
Creating some excitement and anticipation before games through the local media and social media.
Offering fans happy hours vouchers if they get into the stadium early where the vouchers can be used to buy food and drink (benefits the food retailers by encouraging early footfall while also building some goodwill for the club with fans and the Ricoh).
Improving the club shop as an internet retail outlet.
Better publicity for U23 games.
Teaming up with local pubs and social clubs within the vicinity of the ground to create a better atmosphere on a matchday.
Much better marketing of cheap match packages to counteract the negative publicity associated with the high walk up price (the purpose of the walk up price is to extract as much money as possible from away fans who are less price elastic).
More support for the former players' association.

The club is run in an absolutely shambolic way at the moment because the CEO and Chairman have no heart or passion for the city or the club. I honestly don't know what the CEO does all day? We know the Chairman does almost nothing because he told us that he finds the club to be a distraction from his main business interests.

May I ask, have you specifically seen what our CEO 'does all day', or even met him? I think you'll find on the commercial side of things Boddy's targets are being met, and more. However, the reason why mistakes are made and matters such as those you've suggested are neglected is simply because we're understaffed. Considering the potential our fanbase has, our commercial/community teams needs to be quadruple the size if not more to cope with the workload at hand. Due to our two continuous relegations cuts have been made which means simple aspects of the club that are crucial, (such as club secretary) are left vacant. Who do you think picks up the workload? So before you start calling CCFC employees out for being effectively useless, have regard for how difficult their job is under SISU.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevefloyd

Air U18, U21 games live, charge a small fee.

I would gladly pay to see the up and coming kids.

Forge stronger links between Coventry City and Cov Rugby.
Back in the early 90's or late 80's (can't remember which) I had Sky tv and found out that BSB showed the reserve matches for Cov so I got that too only for the channel to stop broadcasting just before I got it installed :(

Skybluefaz

Be open and transparent with the fans. Show us revenue details: if the club want us to part with our hard earned money, show us where it is being spent on the club only, and convince any doubters that it does not go to SISU to fund more court appearances
You are free to look at the accounts.

fernandopartridge

You are free to look at the accounts.
Of course but they're out of date. It'd be interesting for the club to breakdown for fans where income comes from and how its spent (if it could do so without comprising commercial competitiveness)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
May I ask, have you specifically seen what our CEO 'does all day', or even met him? I think you'll find on the commercial side of things Boddy's targets are being met, and more. However, the reason why mistakes are made and matters such as those you've suggested are neglected is simply because we're understaffed. Considering the potential our fanbase has, our commercial/community teams needs to be quadruple the size if not more to cope with the workload at hand. Due to our two continuous relegations cuts have been made which means simple aspects of the club that are crucial, (such as club secretary) are left vacant. Who do you think picks up the workload? So before you start calling CCFC employees out for being effectively useless, have regard for how difficult their job is under SISU.

And this is why we want the ideas, maybe fans could pitch in and assist if the club made a request, many teams where budgets are squeezed and resources tight have fans who help out on a variety of tasks but they need to ask. To date, I don't think the club has asked for anyone to help out.
I think the commercial side has improved this year, would be nice to know what his targets are so we can help out and he didn't call the employees useless, he was referring to the dedication of the senior leadership team which is completely different.

Great ideas coming forward (apart from the Otis gig) Keep them coming and I will ensure they get to the generals in charge.

Nick

Administrator

People who shout things like that won't be convinced, they aren't interested even when shown facts.

mista.ruthless

My brother went to Coventry university, and I know back then, that the club used to give free tickets to students.
Their sports courses also involve work with the club so their are some links with the uni at least
They stopped that a couple seasons ago. I know quite a few used to go. They dont now.
Wasps still run the same offer tho.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mista.ruthless

Sorry i was talking about the cov uni staff but yeah same with the students

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread