I would back a new CCFC playing at the Ricoh.... (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

If ACL want to start a club at the Ricoh ideally in which the fans own a share then I'd be up for it. Anything to stop filling SISU's pockets.

Anyone else do the same?

BrisbaneBronco

Yes but only as a last resort and it would mean starting from the bottom of the football pyramid.
The only way would be up, whereas they way things are with CCFC at present, the only way is down.
Very Very sad

mattylad

I would consider supporting a side if it was part of a total solution including club ownership of the stadium if not what would be the point

singers_pore

It wouldn't have to be for very long. After a year or so SISU would have no alternative other than to sell the club back to PH4.

I did say several weeks ago that I thought this would be the most likely outcome. That is, SISU write off part of the debt to get back Ltd, and then PH4 buys ACL and puts up a new team playing in the lower leagues. SISU would then have no choice but to sell at a reasonable price to PH4. Fisher and co are clearly bluffing with the new stadium threat. I hope PH4 calls their bluff and at last we can then reunite the club back with the stadium.

kg82

I think it's really sad when something becomes bigger than the football club to individuals (that's not in a condescending way, by the way). For me, nothing will ever be bigger than the club. I couldn't support anyone else. I think I'd have to start following a foreign team and go and watch them sometimes!

OyJimmy

The only team for me is Coventry City Football Club, I can't believe that there are people with such a low sense of loyalty to CCFC they'd support a creation of a new team or even a quasi Cov-Nuneaton team, with no history and in a worse state than our sky blues, unbelievable.

CCFC is what we the fans say it is. I refuse to accept a SISU FC which is what we have now.

mrbluesky87

I don't think I cab support another team, a no from me.

We wouldnt be supporting another team, it would surely be the real Coventry City at their home ground which was purpose built and I would hope they would also have sky blue in the kit but may be away kit?? As a few threads now suggest, depending on the next few weeks which we still have to wait a little longer for and hope all well that ends well, if not, a new team will be the way to go and I would bank on more supporters watching them then SISU F.C.

mattylad

The only team for me is Coventry City Football Club, I can't believe that there are people with such a low sense of loyalty to CCFC they'd support a creation of a new team or even a quasi Cov-Nuneaton team, with no history and in a worse state than our sky blues, unbelievable.
Its not lack of loyalty its just sometimes when your heart has been broken the only thing to do is walk away and try something different. I am not saying its my preferred action to take but I won't attend any home game while SISU remain so I either support no one or consider someone else. Don't be fooled that SISU are not here to stay otherwise they would've have snapped PH4 hand off with an offer of money up front and on successful promotions.

_brian_

No we wouldn't be supporting the real CCFC, I support the CCFC that won the FA Cup in '87 and the one in L1, not some pub team in a lower league than Nuneaton that has no history and no prospects.

You're incredibly naive if you think if a new Cov team was formed they be playing in the RICOH, how could a BSP N team (at best) afford the rent!?

Fair point, mate, but this new club could be run by the Trust! I imagine they'd do a lot better job than Sisu/Otium! We'd be able to vote on which manager we have, the players we buy, what colour kit we have, half time entertainment - all sorts!!! Just imagine the high profile managers and players we could get playing for us, even in non league! Simple! Or should I say "simples"!?!? LOL!!!

The Penguin

I would only support a new club if the current one ceased to exist.

We may currently be being run by a cabal of allegedly untrustworthy, unsavoury tosspots but we still exist.

A new club might be more representative of its supporters (and wouldn't that be nice!) but it would have none of the history of CCFC. Yeah, some might say that's not much of a history, but it's still our history.

Be damned if I'm going to condemn others as disloyal though for thinking otherwise. I completely understand how people currently feel totally divorced from the club in its current state, because what have the club done to build and maintain relationships with the fanbase in the last few years? It is not simply enough anymore that those who run a football club can wash their hands of everything and say, "look we have put a team on the park, that's our obligation over and done with". Many supporters are at this point because it seems that the club themselves don't give a shit about them. That for years of support, financially or otherwise, the best we can hope for now is to potentially traipse fuck knows how far to watch our team play at a ground that isn't ours, so that perhaps one day in the next hundred years we can have a ground that's notionally ours but holds about a dozen people.

And sure, you could argue that if football club owners took heed of every supporter's views that nothing would get done.

But they should certainly be listening to the voices of the 12 000 who signed the petition to stay in Coventry.

They should not be carrying on basically saying, "we have heard you but we couldn't give a fat rat's clacker".

The Penguin

Disloyal: a failure to be loyal to an organisation to which one has an obligations (emotional)

If you're willing to switch allegiance to this new wannabe team whilst the original CCFC is in existence would be a disloyal act.

What of the club's obligations to its supporters?

mattylad

Disloyal: a failure to be loyal to an organisation to which one has an obligations (emotional)

If you're willing to switch allegiance to this new wannabe team whilst the original CCFC is in existence would be a disloyal act.
Wow a dictionary quote! that original/well thought out post taught me! ignorant fool

mattylad

We may currently be being run by a cabal of allegedly untrustworthy, unsavoury tosspots but we still exist.

A new club might be more representative of its supporters (and wouldn't that be nice!) but it would have none of the history of CCFC. Yeah, some might say that's not much of a history, but it's still our history.

Be damned if I'm going to condemn others as disloyal though for thinking otherwise. I completely understand how people currently feel totally divorced from the club in its current state, because what have the club done to build and maintain relationships with the fanbase in the last few years? It is not simply enough anymore that those who run a football club can wash their hands of everything and say, "look we have put a team on the park, that's our obligation over and done with". Many supporters are at this point because it seems that the club themselves don't give a shit about them. That for years of support, financially or otherwise, the best we can hope for now is to potentially traipse feck knows how far to watch our team play at a ground that isn't ours, so that perhaps one day in the next hundred years we can have a ground that's notionally ours but holds about a dozen people.

And sure, you could argue that if football club owners took heed of every supporter's views that nothing would get done.

But they should certainly be listening to the voices of the 12 000 who signed the petition to stay in Coventry.

They should not be carrying on basically saying, "we have heard you but we couldn't give a fat rat's clacker".
And I would not be surprised if they never return to the area. I think SISU untd will do everything to move its team (TF's words) to a new area where it can start again...im an AFC Wimbledon guy not an MK Don supporter.

Brighton Sky Blue

What would those obligations be then?

Winning team? SISU have provided a team that is capable of a top 10 finish (with a few more player, playoffs definitely) so they have fulfilled this obligation.

Staying the city? We haven't left Coventry yet and I 100% guarantee we'll stay at the RICOH, yet, despite this, people are already thinking about abandoning the real, and only CCFC.

:facepalm: We barely have a squad right now and can't sign anyone. More to the point SISU have 'provided' us with relegation to the third tier, 2 transfer embargos and a self inflicted points deduction. While we talk about obligations to supporters, how about moving that stall outside Tesco back into the old club shop at the Ricoh, putting season tickets on sale, releasing kits for people to buy, or telling us where we'll be playing our football next season (which, if it hadn't escaped your attention, starts in less than 2 months' time).

This post of yours is one of the biggest pieces of garbage to come off your keyboard.

Last edited:

The Penguin

What would those obligations be then?

Winning team? SISU have provided a team that is capable of a top 10 finish (with a few more player, playoffs definitely) so they have fulfilled this obligation.

Staying the city? We haven't left Coventry yet and I 100% guarantee we'll stay at the RICOH, yet, despite this, people are already thinking about abandoning the real, and only CCFC.

Firstly, capable means nothing. I'm capable of playing golf well enough to win the British Open, doesn't mean it will ever happen. However, let's say that yes, they have met the obligation to try and provide the best possible team they can within the confines of the usual decision making processes (in other words, they only really approve player signings upon discussion with the manager).

I would argue that saying "staying in the city" is an extraordinarily simplistic way to describe the obligation a football club has to its supporter base to ensure they play their matches in a location that allows the majority of supporters to watch their team play, without excess travel, cost or other hardships involved (the Football League has a clause to this effect in their own rules regarding the granting of permission to temporarily relocate a team). Again though, let's say you're right (and you may well be, as I'm not sure I'd believe Fisher if he told me rain was wet) and the club are not going anywhere (though there is currently no evidence to suggest that is the case.)

In my view, the owners of a football club are also obliged to ensure the club is run in such a way that its existence is not placed in jeopardy. They have an obligation to safeguard the legacy of the football club and ensure a continued future. They have an obligation to be as transparent as is reasonably possible (not all things they do need necessarily be publicised, I'm sorry to others who disagree) in their dealings.

In short, they have an obligation to protect and nurture the football club, because its supporters are largely powerless to do so themselves (and don't give me this 'support them financially' rubbish either, because providing money does not automatically guarantee that the club will be protected and nurtured by its owners).

Now, as far as I am concerned, the football club's owners have largely failed in this obligation for quite some time, even before SISU arrived. That however does not excuse the actions of SISU.

Loyalty is a two-way street. One cannot demand, nor expect, loyalty and show little themselves. To do so is disingenuous at best, disgustingly hypocritical at worst.

By implying, intentionally or otherwise, that people's disloyalty is unwarranted is, in my opinion, unfair.

stupot07

Completely agree.

dongonzalos

If you genuinely believe SISU have the intention of relocating CCFC permanently (as in out of the city), then you have some nerve in calling me an 'ignorant fool'. A) The FL have put in provisions to prevent another MK Dons. B) the FL wouldn't ratify any ground share unless there was evidence that CCFC would return to Coventry within a set time-scale.

I don't want them to build a new ground, it's pointless, but I'd rather own our own ground than rent, even if it is a basic 25k stadium, HR was basic, some would say shithole, yet we all regret leaving it, we need own the RICOH, and ACL nor SISU is a good combination in ensuring that. People have forgotten that ACL have took the piss out of Coventry City (1.28m rent, no revenue, brought 50% sabre for 3-4.625 x undervalue and won't sell for market value, they've pulled CCFC's pants down) and we nearly went into admin before SISU, Alki David publicly said that we were falling apart and wished the new owners 'good luck' (somewhat sarcastically because he knew this would happen) in addition, he said our finances didn't add up, and this is a guy who is worth 4B so there was something that really scared him off considering he had millions to pump into the club, this was all BEFORE SISU, we can't say we weren't warned this was going to happen, in fact, I'm surprised it is only me who brings up Alki David.

We're we not nearly paying that amount in rent at Highfield Road 900k. As a football club were we not offered a rising and sliding scale rent depending on success. However as a football club we said no we agreed a fix rent only as we believed only success would follow.

Maybe ACL have not took the mick too much after the council ensured we had a home.

Sterling Archer

Why don't all these people clamouring for a new club etc or a club that will be playing in Cov just go and support Cov Sphinx instead of all this sh*t about starting an AFC Coventry?

Brighton Sky Blue

If you genuinely believe SISU have the intention of relocating CCFC permanently (as in out of the city), then you have some nerve in calling me an 'ignorant fool'. A) The FL have put in provisions to prevent another MK Dons. B) the FL wouldn't ratify any ground share unless there was evidence that CCFC would return to Coventry within a set time-scale.

I don't want them to build a new ground, it's pointless, but I'd rather own our own ground than rent, even if it is a basic 25k stadium, HR was basic, some would say shithole, yet we all regret leaving it, we need own the RICOH, and ACL nor SISU is a good combination in ensuring that. People have forgotten that ACL have took the piss out of Coventry City (1.28m rent, no revenue, brought 50% sabre for 3-4.625 x undervalue and won't sell for market value, they've pulled CCFC's pants down) and we nearly went into admin before SISU, Alki David publicly said that we were falling apart and wished the new owners 'good luck' (somewhat sarcastically because he knew this would happen) in addition, he said our finances didn't add up, and this is a guy who is worth 4B so there was something that really scared him off considering he had millions to pump into the club, this was all BEFORE SISU, we can't say we weren't warned this was going to happen, in fact, I'm surprised it is only me who brings up Alki David.

Who's to say we will completely own any new ground? Even if we do, the costs piled onto the club for its construction would be enormous and the losses incurred from this ludicrous groundshare proposal will simply rack up more and more debt to SISU. You say ACL have pulled our pants down-I say Richardson, McGinnity and SISU have already done what happened to Indiana Jones in South Park.

I can only assume exam stress has got the better of you to be trying to break the world bullshitting record.

Sterling Archer

Some genuinely well thought out posts by SkyBlue_Taylor on this thread. Shame he'll get drowned out by those who "shout loudest".

corniepaste

I would consider supporting a side if it was part of a total solution including club ownership of the stadium if not what would be the point

You hit the nail on the head, I agree completely. Has to be with the goal of ccfc ownership in the long run. I would be able to hold out while sisu bull about a new stadium for 3 years, no more. Then they would cut there loses hopefully.

Evo1883

i would fully support an FC Coventry type scenario,if we were at the ricoh and free of the current crooks

Users who are viewing this thread