I need some help on Richard Keogh (1 Viewer)

CARDIFF CITY FC

I believe we are winning the race to sign him, and that what was reported in Wales Online a couple of days ago.

What is Keogh all about then? Don't really know too much about him, I think he will be quality though as the last two players we stole from you were. ;)

Thanks in advance.

skyblu3sk

Not sure you will be leading the pack seems we are waiting on Leeds. You guys don't have the cash do you?

Sawyer

Not sure you will be leading the pack seems we are waiting on Leeds. You guys don't have the cash do you?

I thought Cardiff were invested by some new billionaire's?

Keogh is our king, he is absolute solid and its a sore spot for us Cov fans to be seeing him go. If you do sign him, look after him! You wont be disapointed.

CARDIFF CITY FC

Who knows, i'm hearing Derby are interested too?

Don't worry if we don't get him the money will go towards our new seats. :pointlaugh:

Sub

i dont think derby have much money either they seem to be seeling all the senior players and using the kids in there squad seems to be the way of alot of clubs now

CARDIFF CITY FC

Is that the red ones? How are you guys taking all that?
Still a lot of unsettled fans with up to about 70 fans who have been refunded their season tickets. I think a lot of us have mellowed a bit on the outside but it's still killing us on the inside. Has torn the fans apart big time, i'm dreading the atmosphere in our first game of the season, Huddersfield at home.

What makes it worse is that the seats are NOT being changed to red anytime soon, which will look even more ridiculous.

Sawyer

I understand the fury, I mean if we changed colours I would be gutted, but the reasoning sounds, well reasonable? The capital of Wales, football team being made more Welsh.. I think its a fantastic idea and the fans should embrace it and move on.

I have a Cov tattoo which I got when I was 16, so if the badge changed dramatically like that I would be foaming, much like ours did! :D

CARDIFF CITY FC

I understand the fury, I mean if we changed colours I would be gutted, but the reasoning sounds, well reasonable? The capital of Wales, football team being made more Welsh.. I think its a fantastic idea and the fans should embrace it and move on.

I have a Cov tattoo which I got when I was 16, so if the badge changed dramatically like that I would be foaming, much like ours did! :D

I can understand what you say and I agree with you that we must embrace it, but it's very easy to say from a different perspective. A lot of fans automatically think that it is either red or dead for us, simply because we cannot continue losing £12 per annum and if we don't change to red to appeal to the far east to bring in revenue, then the investment that the owner is making will be nowhere near as big. You could say he is bribing us or you could say he is holding us at gunpoint because if he pulled out, how would a club in £75million+ debt appeal to a buyer? But like you say we have to embrace this to make sure our kids and the younger generation have a history to looks back on in 20+ years time.

Also I quite liked your badge on your home kit last season if that is the one you're talking about?

Grendel

I believe we are winning the race to sign him, and that what was reported in Wales Online a couple of days ago.

What is Keogh all about then? Don't really know too much about him, I think he will be quality though as the last two players we stole from you were. ;)

Thanks in advance.

He's excellent. It's a good job you play in Blue though as I hear he is allergic to the colour red.

mattylad

with bristol cardiff derby shef wed and Leeds all linked i think its first club to reach seven figures wins and lets face it that is a price we would pay gladly for him

Steve.B50

He is our best player by far and to good for Div 1, he got married last month (Bristol girl)) and lives in South Glosl so I presume anyone in that area would be better for him.
We knew he was going to leave and thats how our club is run, but if we get a few £m for him I could accept him going IF the money was invested in the team not into the back pocket of SISU.

SISU OUT !

CARDIFF CITY FC

He is our best player by far and to good for Div 1, he got married last month (Bristol girl)) and lives in South Glosl so I presume anyone in that area would be better for him.
We knew he was going to leave and thats how our club is run, but if we get a few £m for him I could accept him going IF the money was invested in the team not into the back pocket of SISU.

SISU OUT !

Marrying a Wurzel could be a big factor in him going there, hope he is not under the thumb. :pointlaugh:

woody11462

Thanks in advance.

When I saw the word 'stole' it really pissed me off but that's no fault of yours, that's down to our owners being unable/unwilling to obtain a decent fee. SISU must be so easy to negotiate with. I'm sure they just get giddy at the thought of money and accept the first offer.

SkyBlueScottie

Keogh, decent player, gives his all, can get caught by the top forwards in the division, still think he is more of a right back than centre half.

skybluesteve76

Thanks in advance.

He's just signed a new contract with us mate. Looks like we've won the race!!

stupot07

I can understand what you say and I agree with you that we must embrace it, but it's very easy to say from a different perspective. A lot of fans automatically think that it is either red or dead for us, simply because we cannot continue losing £12 per annum and if we don't change to red to appeal to the far east to bring in revenue, then the investment that the owner is making will be nowhere near as big. You could say he is bribing us or you could say he is holding us at gunpoint because if he pulled out, how would a club in £75million+ debt appeal to a buyer? But like you say we have to embrace this to make sure our kids and the younger generation have a history to looks back on in 20+ years time.

Also I quite liked your badge on your home kit last season if that is the one you're talking about?

Losing £12m per year? Ever thought about reducing your wage bill?

SkyBlueJohnso

IF Keogh signs an extension and is staying i will be up the Ricoh tomorrow to renew mine any my lads season ticket

the only thing i can see convincing him to stay is the ambition of the club to bounce straight back up to Championship, and part of that is SISU's commitment moving forward. 'IF' that happens that will be the most positive news of the summer for me!!!

waiting with everything crossed for the rest of the day ........................

skyblueman

IF Keogh signs an extension and is staying i will be up the Ricoh tomorrow to renew mine any my lads season ticket

the only thing i can see convincing him to stay is the ambition of the club to bounce straight back up to Championship, and part of that is SISU's commitment moving forward. 'IF' that happens that will be the most positive news of the summer for me!!!

waiting with everything crossed for the rest of the day ........................

I'll be in the queue with my lad too

SkyBlueJohnso

i've said for months i will not renew until some reassurances from the club about moving forward, i'm pretty impressed with the 3 signings so far, and if we can keep hold of our best player who will no doubt become club captain that speaks massive volumes for me and i will do my bit and get up there and renew my ticket.

i'm sure there could be a lot more follow the same as well if they have been sitting on the fence over the last few months.

anyway lets not get too excited until we hear either way. if Keogh goes i'll be holding onto my cash for a couple of more weeks to see waht happens!!!

Users who are viewing this thread