i miss home (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZVUdnGq3g

a great day but a sad one, I miss highfield road and the good times I had there, our fall from grace for me started on this day when we left :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Yes, lots of incredible matches there over the years BUT I did look forward to moving to the Ricoh, which I still think is an incredible stadium , and though it gets a slagging for having no atmosphere it was anticipated that it would accommodate over 20,000 regularly. How it has come to this I don't know.

Sub

win lose or draw when we were at highfield road it didn't matter to me it was the whole experience seeing people and meeting friends a walk up from the city centre, through the old turnstiles with hope and anticipation seeing players give there all for the club knowing they were there for a number of years, not loans or shit 12 month contracts, there is none of this now the club is rotten to the core and the glory days are gone. For me the whole thing needs burning to the ground and rebuilding from the bottom, like it was before with people and players that cared for the club and the people of Coventry not the shit we have now I think it will be along time before the damage done by our owners is repaired and if it ever can be repaired:(

torchomatic

pusbccfc

w1bfw0.jpg It is this photo which always gets me. Credit to the person who took it, incredible!

rob9872

Only because we've had no success there. Our demise started long before we left HR, already in championship. We could have returned to the Prem with decent owners, but we got SISU. The ground is incidental to shit owners, shit team and lets be honest, shit fans too - we never fill it, never mskf it a fortress and the atmosphere even in the early days was abysmal and that's down to us.

chiefdave

I think the rose tinted glasses come out where HR is concerned. I can remember being at many games there where there was thousands of empty seats and zero atmosphere. The difference is we had some good times there as well, we haven't had that at the Ricoh and that plays a big part in it not feeling like home. There's little chance it's ever going to feel like home now with Wasps plastered everywhere.

The theory of the move to the Ricoh wasn't bad, the idea being the HR only generated income on match days and the Ricoh would bring in revenue 365 days. The management of the project and more importantly the finances were where it all went wrong. How different would things have been if we'd move to the Ricoh as owners and in the PL?

Users who are viewing this thread