I might just go and watch Wasps (1 Viewer)

Snozz_is_god

I've never been to a Rugby match in my life, but I'm warmed by the way they are conducting themselves. :claping hands:

To me it's a complete revelation that a sports club can act in such a professional and inclusive way, they are clearly courting the Coventry public.

Just imagine if Tim Fisher had conducted himself in the same professional manner in the last couple of years, by taking out full page adverts, courting the Coventry public rather than alienating them and explaining their vision of the future, we might not be in the situation we find ourselves.

Unlike a lot of you, I actually welcome them to Coventry and believe it could represent a new beginning for CCFC.

They took a full page advert in the Coventry Telegraph, explaining their future plans.

It reads:

EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT THE RICOH ARENA

You may have recently read or heard that Wasps has acquired a 50% interest in the Ricoh Arena in Coventry and we are incredibly excited that from December, the Ricoh will be our new home.

The has been much speculation about how this move will affect the future of sport on Coventry, particularly Coventry City Football Club and Coventry Rugby Club. We understand this may have unsettled supporters of these clubs so we would like to address any concerns you may have.

We are delighted to see Coventry City Football Club back at the Ricoh Arena and this is where we hope they will remain. We would like to build a long a fruitful relationship with the Sky Blues.

We are also keen to build a partnership with Coventry Rugby Club and have already held productive meetings with members of the club about how we can work together. We are currently exploring running community and player development programmes together and discussing ways to benefit both clubs and their supporters.

We don't see this move as choice between Coventry RFC and Wasps - it's about collaboration to make sure both clubs thrive, building attendances for each club and giving supporters even more rugby to enjoy.

We are committed to out new hone in Coventry and Warwickshire and are keen to work alongside the Coventry Spots Foundation to develop rugby and sporting talent throughout the region, with a healthy programme of grassroots development.

Wasps will work hard to embed ourslves in the local spots and business community - bringing new business opportunities to Coventry and Warwickshire is another of out priorities.

We're very much looking forward to playing our first game at the stadium in December and we would like to invite all sports fans to come down and enjoy the European and Aviva Premiership rugby on offer.

Our message to you is simple - EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT THE RICOH ARENA.

To find out more about who we are visit www.wasps.co.uk

Nick Eastwood, Wasps CEO

leachy19

yeah sure, or you could chose not support the idea of moving a sporting franchise 100 miles away from its home and its fans. Im sure the wasps fans have a different idea about how "professional" they are being.

Snozz_is_god

yeah sure, or you could chose not support the idea of moving a sporting franchise 100 miles away from its home and its fans. Im sure the wasps fans have a different idea about how "professional" they are being.

Or I could choose to support the view that they didn't have much option and welcome them to Coventry & look on it as a great opportunity for the City of Coventry. Instead of peddling the same old shit you do.

But that's my choice.

Neutral Fan

Corporate waffle from a business franchise. Of course they hope CCFC will remain tenants and pay them rent as long as possible.

And of course they'll say nice words about RFCC. Seeing they'll be either out of business or at best RFC Franchise 'B' team.

The Ricoh is surely far too big for Wasps...I hope so and I hope their franchise fails. I hope Cov folk watch their football club or RFCC. I hope most will ignore this cuckoo franchise in the way it deserves to be...CCFC fans are likely to do that...Wasps ownership of Ricoh threatens CCFC existance in Coventry.

Hobo

If you have never been to a rugby match cast your eyes over Coventry Rugby's fixtures. They often play at home when city are away.

chiefdave

This is what baffles me about SISU. No matter what is happening in the background it isn't that difficult to put someone out front who comes across well and says all the right things - irrespective of if they believe what they're saying or not. Instead we've had a steady stream of total idiots who do nothing but piss everyone off.

stupot07

I've never been to a Rugby match in my life, but I'm warmed by the way they are conducting themselves. :claping hands:

To me it's a complete revelation that a sports club can act in such a professional and inclusive way, they are clearly courting the Coventry public.

Just imagine if Tim Fisher had conducted himself in the same professional manner in the last couple of years, by taking out full page adverts, courting the Coventry public rather than alienating them and explaining their vision of the future, we might not be in the situation we find ourselves.

Unlike a lot of you, I actually welcome them to Coventry and believe it could represent a new beginning for CCFC.

They took a full page advert in the Coventry Telegraph, explaining their future plans.

It reads:

EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT THE RICOH ARENA

You may have recently read or heard that Wasps has acquired a 50% interest in the Ricoh Arena in Coventry and we are incredibly excited that from December, the Ricoh will be our new home.

The has been much speculation about how this move will affect the future of sport on Coventry, particularly Coventry City Football Club and Coventry Rugby Club. We understand this may have unsettled supporters of these clubs so we would like to address any concerns you may have.

We are delighted to see Coventry City Football Club back at the Ricoh Arena and this is where we hope they will remain. We would like to build a long a fruitful relationship with the Sky Blues.

We are also keen to build a partnership with Coventry Rugby Club and have already held productive meetings with members of the club about how we can work together. We are currently exploring running community and player development programmes together and discussing ways to benefit both clubs and their supporters.

We don't see this move as choice between Coventry RFC and Wasps - it's about collaboration to make sure both clubs thrive, building attendances for each club and giving supporters even more rugby to enjoy.

We are committed to out new hone in Coventry and Warwickshire and are keen to work alongside the Coventry Spots Foundation to develop rugby and sporting talent throughout the region, with a healthy programme of grassroots development.

Wasps will work hard to embed ourslves in the local spots and business community - bringing new business opportunities to Coventry and Warwickshire is another of out priorities.

We're very much looking forward to playing our first game at the stadium in December and we would like to invite all sports fans to come down and enjoy the European and Aviva Premiership rugby on offer.

Our message to you is simple - EVERYONE IS WELCOME AT THE RICOH ARENA.

To find out more about who we are visit www.wasps.co.uk

Nick Eastwood, Wasps CEO

Super scab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Snozz_is_god

This is what baffles me about SISU. No matter what is happening in the background it isn't that difficult to put someone out front who comes across well and says all the right things - irrespective of if they believe what they're saying or not. Instead we've had a steady stream of total idiots who do nothing but piss everyone off.

Finally someone who gets what I'm trying to say here.

No stupot07, I'm no scab, my team are Coventry City Football Club, but I'm open to other things as well.

Ashdown

1 lump or 2?

On the subject. Fuck it CCFC died in 2005 when it wanked its home up the wall. We ve been watching imposters ever since. Let's welcome some decent sport to the city

No, just No ! It's immoral, I hope they get battered every match !

Nick

Administrator
When you read that artcle it makes you hope Derek Richardson fancies reviving our football club

Would he be backed if he ever decided to move us too?

The only people I feel would actually want the best for the club is the fans. I just sadly think our fans don't have it to be able to run us.

CCFC_Charlie

Did you go to Sixfields? Did you agree with the move to Sixfields? Because this is that but 10x worse as it's a permanent move.

Block19

I don't think I will go to any
game as I have never really liked rugger.
I'm intrested how the move will work as its happening in the city.
I think when wasps moved to Wycombe that's when they lost all ties with london so they become a franchise then not now.
I can't blame the council for selling the stadium as in 4 years time they will be left with an empty ground as the football club are building the Tim bull s**t stadium down the road.

Otis

I don't think I will go to any
game as I have never really liked rugger.
I'm intrested how the move will work as its happening in the city.
I think when wasps moved to Wycombe that's when they lost all ties with london so they become a franchise then not now.
I can't blame the council for selling the stadium as in 4 years time they will be left with an empty ground as the football club are building the Tim bull s**t stadium down the road.

Be interested to know how much anger there was from Wasps fans when they relocated to Adams Park.

stupot07

Be interested to know how much anger there was from Wasps fans when they relocated to Adams Park.
they play Bath at home tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see whether their attendance has been hit already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4232

I can't bloody wait until wasps are here. Finally some decent sport in this city! The fact is, if wasps didnt move - theyd not exist.

Moff

I can't bloody wait until wasps are here. Finally some decent sport in this city! The fact is, if wasps didnt move - theyd not exist.

I hope Wasps get slaughtered everygame. In the fine words of Kevin Keegan, 'I would love it'

D

Deleted member 4232

we dont care if Wasps exist or not, they mean nothing to Coventry and nothing to the midlands.

Not right now they don't. You forget not everyone in Coventry supports football, or cares if it is labelled 'franchise'. Like me, people are excited to see Premiership Rugby. The club, thankfully, have chosen to nest here in Coventry, where in time we will make it ours

Limey

Not right now they don't. You forget not everyone in Coventry supports football, or cares if it is labelled 'franchise'. Like me, people are excited to see Premiership Rugby. The club, thankfully, have chosen to nest here in Coventry, where in time we will make it ours

Watching Cov Rugby Club rise back to the top would be a far more rewarding experience. Shame our Council have so little faith in their own City teams. (I can't stand Rugby by the way)

tuousis

I hope Wasps get slaughtered everygame. In the fine words of Kevin Keegan, 'I would love it'
I dont think their owners will let them slip dowhill,like our owners have driven us so low. Our new ground will be none existent. and so will we.

Moff

The club, thankfully, have chosen to nest here in Coventry, where in time we will make it ours

Lets hope they dont just fekk off again when the going gets tough. Perhaps they will try Nottingham or Sheffield next or wherever they feel the whim takes them.

stupot07

i sincerely hope they don't. anyone who boycotted sixfields and attends a wasps game is a hyprocrite in my eyes. As northern says, perhaps sisu ought to move us to belfast, its ok, not everyone over there supports Gaelic Football or cares if it is labelled 'franchise' so i'm sure they'll get behind sky blues fc

italiahorse

Lets hope they dont just fekk off again when the going gets tough. Perhaps they will try Nottingham or Sheffield next or wherever they feel the whim takes them.

Unlikely, not now they have obtained a world class stadium for little outlay. The team on the pitch will only be one of there income streams.
Could have been us but those tossers SISU gambled and lost.

Users who are viewing this thread