I don't know about anyone else (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

But I'm starting to feel cautiously optimistic about Robbsy ( sorry, had to )

He's not someone that's ever peaked and fallen again like Brown, Ince, Boothroyd, Adams etc. He's done a steady job so far, he's spent his time out of management working with some of the best in the game.

I'm not expecting mircales straight away, a honeymoon period would be nice. But I'd rather see a steady improvement peaking at the end of the season.

A few loan players as mentioned, young pacey wingers. These are the ideal players to get on loan, youngsters are full of pace, but might not have the mental attributes to offer a lot up front or in defence on loan ( Brown and Ball ). But running with the ball and crossing is a lot 'simpler'

First things first though, a clean sheet this sat please. Lets sure up the defence and go on from there.

ccfcway

Robins

I think he will get us above the drop, but it wont be enough to convince sisu he will get us up next year

JulianDarbyFTW

Let's face it, if we lose the next 4 on the bounce some idiots will be baying for his head and blaming Waggot and Fisher for an uninspiring choice. Deep down we all hope for an instant turnaround and we'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but realistically it won't *disclaimer: if it does, I never had any doubt, honest*. So how long do we give him? Shaw was given 4 league games before some wrote him off. Will that happen with Robins? I was optimistic before the season began, now I'm resigned to a season of mediocrity, but I'll give Robins my backing for as long as he is at the club come rain or shine. Gordon Strachan made a good point on TV earlier (yes, I know, that sounds like an oxymoron) about Swansea taking 5 years to put together their footballing plan and to implement it successfully. We've got a 3 year plan to do the same, and that probably means going through a lot of pain in this first twelve months, but we need to give Robins our full backing to succeed.

I give it twenty minutes before the boo-boys start on Saturday, mind.

ccfcway

Gordon Strachan made a good point on TV earlier (yes, I know, that sounds like an oxymoron) about Swansea taking 5 years to put together their footballing plan and to implement it successfully. We've got a 3 year plan to do the same, and that probably means going through a lot of pain in this first twelve months, but we need to give Robins our full backing to succeed..

bang on, we have already sacked the manager who according to waggott "is the most important man at the club"

A 3 year plan that fell apart after 3 weeks !!!

AFCCOVENTRY

Let's face it, if we lose the next 4 on the bounce some idiots will be baying for his head and blaming Waggot and Fisher for an uninspiring choice. Deep down we all hope for an instant turnaround and we'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but realistically it won't *disclaimer: if it does, I never had any doubt, honest*. So how long do we give him? Shaw was given 4 league games before some wrote him off. Will that happen with Robins? I was optimistic before the season began, now I'm resigned to a season of mediocrity, but I'll give Robins my backing for as long as he is at the club come rain or shine. Gordon Strachan made a good point on TV earlier (yes, I know, that sounds like an oxymoron) about Swansea taking 5 years to put together their footballing plan and to implement it successfully. We've got a 3 year plan to do the same, and that probably means going through a lot of pain in this first twelve months, but we need to give Robins our full backing to succeed.

I give it twenty minutes before the boo-boys start on Saturday, mind.

If we lose the next 4 then I would very worried that there is mutiny in the camp... :whistle:

Black6Osprey

If this group of players is what we are going to have to rely on if we don't see some kind of improvement over the next four games or so, then we are in trouble. I don't expect promotion this season but we need to at least get ourselves back into mid table. No idea how that will sit with SISU, not very well I would imagine. Aren't we on to our fourth 3 year plan now? I think as far as first team football goes, we should just stick to 1 year plans as looking any further into the future seems pretty pointless.

LevelBest

I agree to being cautiously optimistic. I think he is the right type of manager for where we are at the moment.
It may not be spectacular but I think we'll do well and make progress

ccfcway

We need about 44 points to stay up,

Getting that would mean Robins record as CCFC manager would be

P39 W 10 D 11 L18

A 25% win record

Will he be about next season with a record like that ?

@richh87

I still think anything but top 6 is unacceptable. We're so early in the season that it's still very achievable.

Otis

We need about 44 points to stay up,

Getting that would mean Robins record as CCFC manager would be

P39 W 10 D 11 L18

A 25% win record

Will he be about next season with a record like that ?

Yep. Cos this time I truly believe they have got someone in for the long term. You have to remember this is not Robins' team. As we have no money and it's more than likely won't have until next season I don't see how we can fully judge him ... unless he is truly dreadful of course. He should be capable of getting us up the table and into a comfortable position.

If we now continue to go on a losing run though the only conclusion surely would be that the players are not good enough. If so, that is not Robins' fault.

i have faith he will get us to mid-table no problem and I think we should be happy with that. A remit for him of getting us to the play-offs or losing his job would simply not be fair after the start we've made.

Otis

I think Robins is the right man for the job and if we are not challenging this year we will be next.

Looking at the shite we've had on the pitch thus far this season no-one can expect miracles.

I do expect us to win tomorrow, new broom and all that, but it may take us a little longer for us to become a force and Robins needs the chance to dabble in the loan window to see if he can improve the squad.

We need to give him a bit of time and not expect instant success under him.

torchomatic

But people wanted Thorn to go, so they got rid of him. Surely, it's worse to have a plan and stick to it, regardless of whether it's working or not. Would you have moaned more if they'd kept Thorn as he was integral to the Three Year Plan. Or, it is more prudent to jettison aspects of the plan that they feel won't achieve their goal?

A 3 year plan that fell apart after 3 weeks !!!

torchomatic

Joking aside, there will be someone who will ring up CWR and complain.

If we do not win 4-0 tomorrow I will be starting the Robins Out brigade

Otis

Well there will if we scrape a 1-0 victory.

Any victory will do for me tomorrow. Don't care if it comes off the ref's backside to be honest.

Going to take Robins a bit of time to sort things the way he wants.

sylus

robins the new messiah, so some on here believe..well time will tell.but im not convinced.but i will go with the flow

ccfcway

But people wanted Thorn to go, so they got rid of him. Surely, it's worse to have a plan and stick to it, regardless of whether it's working or not. Would you have moaned more if they'd kept Thorn as he was integral to the Three Year Plan. Or, it is more prudent to jettison aspects of the plan that they feel won't achieve their goal?

Agree, as I will this time next year when they get rid of their 2nd manager into their "3 year plan"

Diehard Si

robins the new messiah, so some on here believe..well time will tell.but im not convinced.but i will go with the flow

I don't think many think he's the messiah.

But I think we've had a few like that in the past and it's turned out badly. I think he can do a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread