I blame Harrison, not Thorn (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Harrison, ex England coach with supposdly far more tactical knowledge than Thorn. So, who is responsible for advising Thorn on tactics, when and how to substitute - Harrison !
You can't blame Thorn for assuming that Harrison knows more than he does. With a team by and large bought from Poundland, my view is that Harrison should go and Carsley promoted to coach.

Harrison has definitely been the one constant in the recent years of cack. He definitely needs to go. Why wasn't he promoted instead of the head scout? Oh yeah that's cause he's cack.

Lord_Nampil

If Richard shaw is available I'd get him in as head coach, along with 1 attacking coach and 1 defensive coach!!! As much as I think it's time for thorn to go too, maybe he does desereve a chance with an agreed up front budget, but the restructure that has been mentioned needs to address the above issue and remove Harrison from the coaching set up.

Hcut PUSB

Finally someone agrees with me:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:.

Put similar on another post after the Millwall game and it got lost in the ditritus of another squabble.

Grendel

Finally someone agrees with me:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:.

Put similar on another post after the Millwall game and it got lost in the ditritus of another squabble.

Most ex professionals speak about Harrison very highly. Ultimately tactics, team selection, motivation etc. are down to the manager. He clearly has failed on all 3 counts. Thorn has such low stock as a manager who thar is any good and values their reputation will come and work for him.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Most ex professionals speak about Harrison very highly. Ultimately tactics, team selection, motivation etc. are down to the manager. He clearly has failed on all 3 counts. Thorn has such low stock as a manager who thar is any good and values their reputation will come and work for him.

Yet again. Absolute rubbish. Thorn's stock in the balance of the football world is still very high. Most people conclude he's been dealt an impossible hand, did well with scant resources and also with the kids he was forced to blood. It's only in the troubled kingdom of your mind he's ill considered

PVA

While clearly he's been a constant here for a few years now, no one can say he is the cause. How do we know what goes on behind the scenes, how much influence he has on thorn etc.

I agree that he should now go, but its impossible to say how much of an influence he's had, positive or negative.

kg82

Harrison, ex England coach with supposdly far more tactical knowledge than Thorn. So, who is responsible for advising Thorn on tactics, when and how to substitute - Harrison !
You can't blame Thorn for assuming that Harrison knows more than he does. With a team by and large bought from Poundland, my view is that Harrison should go and Carsley promoted to coach.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all.

The one thing I keep thinking is, he may have been a coach in the England set-up, but it was with McLaren and that basically says it all!

Grendel

Yet again. Absolute rubbish. Thorn's stock in the balance of the football world is still very high. Most people conclude he's been dealt an impossible hand, did well with scant resources and also with the kids he was forced to blood. It's only in the troubled kingdom of your mind he's ill considered

Stock high with who? Listen to ex players in and around the club. I'd rather listen to then than one of his dwindling army of supporters. If he's that good and that regarded why will he stay.

Grendel

The one thing I keep thinking is, he may have been a coach in the England set-up, but it was with McLaren and that basically says it all!

Turnip Taylor actually.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Stock high with who? Listen to ex players in and around the club. I'd rather listen to then than one of his dwindling army of supporters. If he's that good and that regarded why will he stay.

Well, off the top of my head; Stan Colleymore on his radio programme, Alan Brazil, Andy Gray, the three on Late Kick Off this week, every article I've read in the national press speaks in terms of Thorn being well regarded and shafted by uncaring, unsupportive owners.

In fact, given you made the claim, give me proof that no one will work for Thorn because they think he's so poorly thought of. You made the claim. Support it

dadgad

Well, off the top of my head; Stan Colleymore on his radio programme, Alan Brazil, Andy Gray, the three on Late Kick Off this week, every article I've read in the national press speaks in terms of Thorn being well regarded and shafted by uncaring, unsupportive owners.

In fact, given you made the claim, give me proof that no one will work for Thorn because they think he's so poorly thought of. You made the claim. Support it

Add to all that is the constant acknowledgement from opposing managers that Thorn has done as well as anyone could; Alladyce, Holloway, McDermott, etc etc.
Alternatively you could take the word of Daffy.
MMM, you do a good job pointing out the obvious but it's a waste of effort.

Nick

Administrator
Are they really going to say thorn is rubbish? All of their commments are after they have just beaten us?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Are they really going to say thorn is rubbish? All of their commments are after they have just beaten us?

The comment was that the outside footballing world think Thorn is rubbish and wouldn't come and work for him. I'm saying I've heard no such facts, so if the assertion is to be made, it needs to be backed up.

Everything I've read and heard from outside the club says the exact opposite

Grendel

The comment was that the outside footballing world think Thorn is rubbish and wouldn't come and work for him. I'm saying I've heard no such facts, so if the assertion is to be made, it needs to be backed up.
Everything I've read and heard from outside the club says the exact opposite

Frankly if you need to use an oaf like collymore to justify your argument it's not scraping the barrel but looking under it. The people who say these things are media pundits who as a rule are very reluctant to criticize. They will know nothing about how the club is run.
However people like hall, bruck and Blair have made various criticisms of tactics, formations and more significantly motivation and discipline. Also he clearly has an inability to cope with pressure.
You and people like you are blinkered to the truth. Even if you are right and this seasons problems mean you cannot judge him then you still are going into next season with an inexperienced man at the helm. Also wether justified or not expectations will be much higher next season. He is not fit for purpose.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Frankly if you need to use an oaf like collymore to justify your argument it's not scraping the barrel but looking under it. The people who say these things are media pundits who as a rule are very reluctant to criticize. They will know nothing about how the club is run.
However people like hall, bruck and Blair have made various criticisms of tactics, formations and more significantly motivation and discipline. Also he clearly has an inability to cope with pressure.
You and people like you are blinkered to the truth. Even if you are right and this seasons problems mean you cannot judge him then you still are going into next season with an inexperienced man at the helm. Also wether justified or not expectations will be much higher next season. He is not fit for purpose.

That's a silly post. Even by your standards. Individual comments from some players don't prove your point.

I know Blair rates Thorn. I have spoken to him on this issue. Try again.

You asserted we couldn't attract coaches from outside the club due to Thorn's poor reputation within the footballing world. You're wrong

Grendel

That's a silly post. Even by your standards. Individual comments from some players don't prove your point.
I know Blair rates Thorn. I have spoken to him on this issue. Try again.
You asserted we couldn't attract coaches from outside the
club due to Thorn's poor reputation within the footballing world. You're wrong

I'm not wrong. So people on the radio who make observations regarding his abilities who know the club don't count. Media pundits who don't know the club at all do. Fair enough tell you what let's discuss this again in December. Let's analyze thorn then because it league 1 he will have no excuses and nowhere to hide.

ccfcrob

Harrison has always been the problem not AT andy thorn knows what he wants the players to do but hasn't got a decent enough coach to put it into practise

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm not wrong. So people on the radio who make observations regarding his abilities who know the club don't count. Media pundits who don't know the club at all do. Fair enough tell you what let's discuss this again in December. Let's analyze thorn then because it league 1 he will have no excuses and nowhere to hide.

No. Don't move away from the point you tried to make as it now looks silly.

Prove that coaches don't want to come due to Thorn's poor reputation.

Or admit its purely what you 'believe'

Astute

And Sven was an England manager

Astute

Duff by name, Duff by nature. Isn't it strange you only hear and see what backs up your views? We are playong well considering who we are playing. As it is something good I suppose it is nothing to do with AT. All we are missing is goals as usual. I suppose we lost our strikers as they didn't want to work with AT

Covfather

Hold on we're missing more than strikers.. We have no flare, no defensive quality, no pace, no pride and a fooking poor goalkeeper _ we won't be back for a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread