Hypothetically Speaking... (1 Viewer)

C

Clive Plattini

Now before I start can I say that this is all just a thought and it is unlikely to happen for many reasons, but...

Imagine you are this supposed backer to a supposed bid for CCFC. (the one Keys cannot talk about, but does).

Imagine Bolton lose to Blackburn tonight.

A very very good manager, especially at Championship level will most likely be looking for a job in 2012. I, as this very rich investor, would suddenly be desperate to get hold of CCFC ASAP and get Owen Coyle in for at least some of January to get a few players.

It would seem this season is almost over but he could give it a real good go, and if he fails he can have one season in League One and then if he wants to leave to get a better job he can.

Thoughts?

kg82

Now before I start can I say that this is all just a thought and it is unlikely to happen for many reasons, but...

Imagine you are this supposed backer to a supposed bid for CCFC. (the one Keys cannot talk about, but does).

Imagine Bolton lose to Blackburn tonight.

A very very good manager, especially at Championship level will most likely be looking for a job in 2012. I, as this very rich investor, would suddenly be desperate to get hold of CCFC ASAP and get Owen Coyle in for at least some of January to get a few players.

It would seem this season is almost over but he could give it a real good go, and if he fails he can have one season in League One and then if he wants to leave to get a better job he can.

Thoughts?

Great minds - I had this exact thought yesterday! Like you say, unlikely to happen but the first thing any new owner needs to do is make a statement (and I don't mean just talk)!

sky_blue_up_north

Owen Coyle is a good manager no doubt, but would he want to drop down to Divison One

CovScott88

I would absolutely love to see Owen Coyle as manager. I really rate this guy. However, in my opinion, there is less than no chance of this happening.
We might be interested, but I couldn't see him wanting to drop down.

howzer

Banned
you know, maybe the reason Andy Thorn is the manager is because no one would come to us now. would you honestly come here if you were Owen Coyle? after seeing other decent managers : coleman, boothroyd, etc not be given funds, not be respected by the fans or the club and sacked way too early? like a rabbit to the jaws of a lion i bet!

smileycov

Facebook User
I think he was talking after new owners come in!! Dole or football manager...........Erm Owen i think your needed mate!!

C

Clive Plattini

Yes. I was saying if new owners came in. With SISU here still I expect absolutely nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread