Hypocrisy (1 Viewer)

psgm1

Banned
When SISU do things that shaft us they are Satan's left testical.
When SISU shaft other people however it may help CCFC. They are the dogs bollox.

I know not all people share this hypocrisy.

However it is quite funny. Makes me wonder what people's limits are.

I must confess mine was Marlon's I could not turn a blind eye to that.

Not everyone is pleased SiSU are shafting a charity! I wish ACL bankrupt Arvo, so a new buyer can come in - we are going nowhere under SiSU - regardless of rent!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Yes, the rent could have been renegotiated as part of the due diligence leading to the take over. But a few things were quite different back then.
First of all - the business plan was made by Ranson. Not sisu. And his focus was to take us to PL and so I think he didn't even think about the rent.
Next - nobody really understood the reality of the financial crunch. How different almost everything was going to be.
Also - The yearly budget was so much bigger back then than it is now, and so the rent was a smaller percentage of the overall cost.

The annual budget was larger then due to the fact that we were in a higher division. Relegation not being ACL's fault. Crowds - per se - haven't changed over that time. Looking at the championship in the year SISU took over, 2007-08, the average gate was 17,172, and last year being 17,105. So, if we hadn't been relegated, budgets wouldn't be as big an issue as crowds over the term haven't really changed by virtue of 'financial crunch', only by playing in a lower division.

Ranson was SISU's man. As such, his actions were their actions. At the time they took over the club, we were 8 points above the relegation zone, and 10 points away from the automatic promotion spots. Accordingly as part of thier due diligence, to not factor in the effect of relegation and to only look up the table was inept. Again, the season SISU took over, League One attendances averaged 8,182, and last season 8,754 so it's no 'moving target' or surprise package we're talking about here. Going down was always going to be painful.

The reality was that we were closer to a League One club than a Premiership club at the time SISU bought in, and they failed to factor in the loss of 9K supporters from average gates into the due diligence thinking. And nothing else has charged here - the additional income stream they now claim they need wasn't on the table them, and hasn't been on the table up until now.

So, SISU did not inherit this position. They had a chance to renegotiate and failed to do so. They have to accept some responsibility for where we currently are.

Now, is the rent too high? Yes. Evidently so. Does it need to come down for the good of the club, again yes. But ACL does have a contract - verified in Birmingham's courts recently of course - and some recognition and respect needs to be evidenced that at least legally they are in the right, and the football club is in the wrong. This does go back, in fairness, to a time before SISU's tenure, when wrong decisions based upon leaing HR, then the funding of the gin-palace of a new stadium were made, and then - post ACL involvement - the rental levels established. But SISU did have the chance to renegotiate, and didn't do so.

With events on the pitch looking so promising, it would be such a shame for the season to be side-tracked by this shambles; and I think SISU's 'negotiating tactics' have run the risk of leading events to exactly that. I don't agree with Fisher's assertion that we should pay an average League One rental, but at least to do so would show a degree of willing and good faith. To pay nothing and question ACL's financial wellbeing in a media interview when you're legally in the wrong aren't helpful whatsoever.

We could still have a promotion run-in, a trip to Wembley and have a decent New Year cup game ahead of us; and this momentum should, ideally, be all we're talking about. It's a shame we're not, and a shame to read some of the comments on rival club's messageboards with regards us 'cheating', by fielding players they can't afford whilst not paying any rent. We as CCFC supporters have had a few hard years, and I for one don't want any slither of long overdue success tarnished by accusations of being the new Pompey

Evans020

No. They stopped paying the rent they're contractually obliged to pay. This process could have - if genuine and candid - have been completed with a whole lot more grace and dignity than has prevailed
I don't see how this affects you on a personal level..sadly Mary, we live in a world where millions of people, and businesses default on agreed payments, one things for sure though. Its the club before outsiders in this scenario .always should be.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I don't see how this affects you on a personal level..sadly Mary, we live in a world where millions of people, and businesses default on agreed payments, one things for sure though. Its the club before outsiders in this scenario .always should be.

I don't lose sleep over it dear chap; but as stated above, I would hate for any of the current performances on the pitch to be somehow tainted in the eyes of he outside world as they consider we're behaving unethically.

I run a business and pride myself on making sure everyone's paid on time. It's how things should be in my mind. Maybe I should cast my ethics to one side?

If I had a choice between an unethical yet successful club, or one that ran wasn't so successful yet ran in a morally agreeable manner I honestly don't know which I'd choose. My heart tells me the latter. If 'my club' becomes the former, my head tells me it's maybe time to try another sport....

skyblueman

I too want to be proud of my club from top to bottom.. players, manager, management and owners...

It really takes the shine off it for me at the moment with questionable owners and management.. players & team manager - yes I'm proud of the them now - more so the manager

I don't want to see these sharp practices anywhere just as I don't want a team of cheating bullying players....

Houdi

Not saying people are worshiping them. However the tough hard ball tactics.

Matters such as taking people's shares. Promising to get promotion in 3 years. Selling top scorers knowing it will consign us to relegation. Not talking to the fans putting us in administration. Coming out of admin just after our main targets sign for someone else........

Are often attributed to the fact they are a hedge fund. They are ruthless they don't care they are nasty buggers they will destroy us for a profit etc..

Hardball tactic when dealing with another company. Not negotiating. Reneging in a contract.
Starting negiotions then pulling out.
Not entering talks.
Not compromising
ACL left thinking they are going to destroy us. (sound familiar)
However for some 'its ok they get the rent lowers it helps cov'.

I wonder if the same people who support them on using these tactics on ACL will support them when they start screwing CCFC or the fans over something again.
Well as an ex-Shareholder it is not quite true to say they just took them,I still have the cheque of 1p for them from the club at home,still not cashed.:D
However to be fair to SISU:eek:,if they hadn't bought the club,administation would have resulted in shareholders losing their ownership anyway.
Not quite sure how anybody can guarantee promotion,football life is not that simple.
Not sure that having a transfer embargo is the same as being in administation,although I accept it made any player trading more difficult.Most people/companies are motivated by self interest if they are brutually honest.How many fans would turn down the offer of a free ticket,even when the club needs funds to survive.Are SISU any more ruthless in contact negotiations than many football players???
You could argue that ACL by offering a huge reduction on the rent,are actually admitting to charging way over the 'market rate'.,and would have been quite happy pocketing a rent level way above what they now will happily accept.

dongonzalos

Originally Posted by SkyBlue_Taylor I don't fully understand why people are taking ACL's side over CCFC's side!? Yes, the owners aren't great as we know (but no one else is waiting to take over) but what we also know is, we pay too much rent, which SISU inherited, they didn't agree to this, their predecessors did. We've paid too much, for too long ACL enjoy 500k profit per year (give or take) so they can afford to drop the rent, they're also a 'non-profit' organisation so would it be fair to say they are immoral for burdening the club?

Point is, desperate times, call for desperate measures and if CCFC had paid their rent, would ACL be willing to renegotiate? I'm not convinced tbh, so it seems logical we stop paying to force our way to the negotiating table.

Morality? Doesn't exist in the business world! There's no point in taking the moral high ground.

Something tells me you will be bleating from the trees when SISU shaft CCFC next

Is this the time where SISU now shaft the fans. Do we still applaud their hardball tactic. Remember it is for the good if the club everything they do........

Mucca Mad Boys

Something tells me you will be bleating from the trees when SISU shaft CCFC next

Is this the time where SISU now shaft the fans. Do we still applaud their hardball tactic. Remember it is for the good if the club everything they do........

This was purely to do with the rent negotiations, not sure what you're getting at here. It was ACL that terminated any hope of a renegotiation, now, I've asked this question on numerous occasions, what are the club supposed to do?

dongonzalos

The point was their business behaviour was lauded by the likes if yourself.

It was clear that if that is the way they conduct their business. It would only be a matter if time before they do something to shaft us the fans.

Now they are threatening to do it.

If you encouraged them to behave the way they did in the rent negotiations (which was never about rent)

You can hardly be outraged as they shaft you now.....

rupert_bear

Can't see why that is hypocrisy. All people want is for the football club to benefit.

The lower the rent ultimately the greater the benefit.
Forgetting the rent issue for a minute i fail to see our owners current stance as beneficial for the club, it's players or supporters. With all the talk from their representative Tim Fisher i have yet to see or read a positive proposal as to where they want to be in the next few years other than daft ideas of playing elsewhere which would have a massive negative effect on our owners finance.

Grendel

Can there be some kind of ban on dragging up old posts to score points? For feck's sake.

Especially when it doesn't even score any points.

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread