Hyam (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Will miss the next game on Tuesday. Lucky to have got away with what appears to be relatively minor injuries given that , according to Robins, the impact speed was around 100mph.

no_loyalty

Very lucky to escape without serious injuries. Can’t see him being back for a while.

A real shame, hope he does make a quick recovery. It takes Davies 3 or 4 games to get back into it.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Think that means two cars going in opposite directions hitting each other each doing 50
Yes. Perhaps it wasn't quite a head on collision . I can't see anyone walking away from one of those without some really serious injuries of worse. I hope he's okay but mentally it must be a real shock.

larry_david

This is horrible news. Hopefully he's ok, mentally I imagine that can really fuck you up.

What a horrible night it's been

speedie87

Glad he’s ok could have been worse by the sounds of it.

After being used to hyam on the ball, Davies’s very limited ability on ball stood out last night.

chiefdave

Sounds serious, his family have posted on Twitter that he’s lucky to be alive.

Also said Robins went to the hospital and stayed with him until they got there.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

How great is that?! Not many bosses would. No wonder he’s pissed off with our so called supporters who don’t support

Do you know what was being said to the players/staff from behind the dug out? From his interview on CWR it seemed they had been getting verbals over there? I know the ironic Burge cheering was going on (although Robins seemed to think that was Burton fans) but as I'm in the opposite stand I didn't pick up on anything happening over there.

Warwickhunt

Do you know what was being said to the players/staff from behind the dug out? From his interview on CWR it seemed they had been getting verbals over there? I know the ironic Burge cheering was going on (although Robins seemed to think that was Burton fans) but as I'm in the opposite stand I didn't pick up on anything happening over there.
Probably WASPs fans trying to wind things up

larry_david

Searched fosse way car crash from this week and wed morning two guys had to be cut out of their cars at hunningham. Assume that was the crash. Glad he's physically OK. I hope mentally he will be fine

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I wonder if he will have to settle for a place on the bench if Davies does well and Willis comes back in. Generally seems to be the man in possession of the shirt who keeps it as far as MR is concerned with his CBs.

Mucca Mad Boys

back in training Thursday according to Robins - good news, though seems we are well covered with the emergence of Williams and Davies getting back towards form last night

A few people were questioning Robins' approach to signing players for the U23s. Well, having players like Williams being able to step up into the first team and put in a solid performance from the U23s demonstrates that Robins is a manager who is switched on and is taking our club in the right direction.

Jcap

A few people were questioning Robins' approach to signing players for the U23s. Well, having players like Williams being able to step up into the first team and put in a solid performance from the U23s demonstrates that Robins is a manager who is switched on and is taking our club in the right direction.

That and instilling a footballing philosophy/style of play across all the age groups means they know what they're doing from the start and not trying to figure out the 1st team's tactics when they play their first few games

Mucca Mad Boys

That and instilling a footballing philosophy/style of play across all the age groups means they know what they're doing from the start and not trying to figure out the 1st team's tactics when they play their first few games

Precisely. A few posters criticised the example of signing players like Bosma instead of investing in the first team. But, as a League 1 team, supporting a squad of say, 25 senior professionals is not viable, for our budget or player happiness, look at how quickly Ogogo became unhappy and Brown too. It’s my belief that we need to invest in our U23s team, because it’s an opportunity to develop players to play in our 1st team one day. We have Thompson, JP, Hyam (now a 1st team starter), Shipley, Bayliss, Westbrook, McCallum and now Williams who have come into the first team over the last 2 season — nearly a starting eleven of those players.

Frankly, a club of our stature and situation needs to be in a position where we can develop our own talent.

Terry Gibson's perm

Precisely. A few posters criticised the example of signing players like Bosma instead of investing in the first team. But, as a League 1 team, supporting a squad of say, 25 senior professionals is not viable, for our budget or player happiness, look at how quickly Ogogo became unhappy and Brown too. It’s my belief that we need to invest in our U23s team, because it’s an opportunity to develop players to play in our 1st team one day. We have Thompson, JP, Hyam (now a 1st team starter), Shipley, Bayliss, Westbrook, McCallum and now Williams who have come into the first team over the last 2 season — nearly a starting eleven of those players.

Frankly, a club of our stature and situation needs to be in a position where we can develop our own talent.

If we hadn’t signed players like Bosma the spare cash could have gone towards another decent player that will improve the first team, the signing of the under 23 players is quite hit or miss and some he seems to play to prove a point McCallum over Brown is baffling. Williams did ok but will he be consistent enough over five games let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

Five of the eight you name are former academy players that is very different than signing these other players Hyam is the exception

skybluesam66

If we hadn’t signed players like Bosma the spare cash could have gone towards another decent player that will improve the first team, the signing of the under 23 players is quite hit or miss and some he seems to play to prove a point McCallum over Brown is baffling. Williams did ok but will he be consistent enough over five games let’s hope we don’t have to find out.

Five of the eight you name are former academy players that is very different than signing these other players Hyam is the exception
poor comparison

you could spend all of the extra money on another Chaplin - you are then worse off based on current season
On that point, what has happened to Chaplin?

Terry Gibson's perm

poor comparison

you could spend all of the extra money on another Chaplin - you are then worse off based on current season
On that point, what has happened to Chaplin?

Chaplin was on the radio last night has ankle ligament problems and was carrying it for weeks before which may explain his lack of pace.

If you fill a team with non league players you will most likely end up in the non league and bloody Bosma is now out for the season injured whilst at Salisbury City.

Mucca Mad Boys

You could probably buy a Mars bar with the money saved from terminating Bosma's contract. So it is very, very unlikely that signing Bosma prevented us from signing anyone for the first team. Given the number of players we've signed this season, I'm inclined to say signing a few development players hasn't impacted on our wider recruitment strategy at all.

It hasn't been 'hit or miss', firstly, four of the listed players were signed for the development team, five if you include JP who was signed as a 17-year-old. Teenagers like most of the listed players and will go on to play a larger role as they develop. Williams probably will not have play 5 games in a row so their role is strictly come into the team and perform when they're needed, at least in this stage. Hyam made 17 appearances last season (in the league) and was a 4th choice option for most of last season, yet he's a 1st choice option this season. Players like McCallum, Williams and others could be in a position where they playing an active role in the first team in the next 1-2 seasons. In the preseason, I certainly didn't think Hyam would be a week in, week out starter this season.

Frankly, if you're judging this policy season by season, you probably will look at it negatively, because 18yr olds probably aren't going to be ready to play first team football off the bat. It's a policy that requires long-term planning from the club, and frankly, we're a club that has to look beyond the first team and look to develop talent. Producing players like Wilson, Maddison, Bayliss and so on has kept us afloat and we're not in a position where can spend the most money in the league.

Mucca Mad Boys

Chaplin was on the radio last night has ankle ligament problems and was carrying it for weeks before which may explain his lack of pace.

If you fill a team with non league players you will most likely end up in the non league and bloody Bosma is now out for the season injured whilst at Salisbury City.

No one from our first team came from non-league. I don't think Bosma hasn't made a single appearance on the bench, and was very much signed for the development team as someone who MAY be able to make the step up to the EFL. It's probably fair to say he's not on track to earn a new contract with us anyway.

Terry Gibson's perm

No one from our first team came from non-league. I don't think Bosma hasn't made a single appearance on the bench, and was very much signed for the development team as someone who MAY be able to make the step up to the EFL. It's probably fair to say he's not on track to earn a new contract with us anyway.

He won’t need to got three years from memory.

Terry Gibson's perm

You could probably buy a Mars bar with the money saved from terminating Bosma's contract. So it is very, very unlikely that signing Bosma prevented us from signing anyone for the first team. Given the number of players we've signed this season, I'm inclined to say signing a few development players hasn't impacted on our wider recruitment strategy at all.

It hasn't been 'hit or miss', firstly, four of the listed players were signed for the development team, five if you include JP who was signed as a 17-year-old. Teenagers like most of the listed players and will go on to play a larger role as they develop. Williams probably will not have play 5 games in a row so their role is strictly come into the team and perform when they're needed, at least in this stage. Hyam made 17 appearances last season (in the league) and was a 4th choice option for most of last season, yet he's a 1st choice option this season. Players like McCallum, Williams and others could be in a position where they playing an active role in the first team in the next 1-2 seasons. In the preseason, I certainly didn't think Hyam would be a week in, week out starter this season.

Frankly, if you're judging this policy season by season, you probably will look at it negatively, because 18yr olds probably aren't going to be ready to play first team football off the bat. It's a policy that requires long-term planning from the club, and frankly, we're a club that has to look beyond the first team and look to develop talent. Producing players like Wilson, Maddison, Bayliss and so on has kept us afloat and we're not in a position where can spend the most money in the league.

If you own a shop I wouldn’t like to buy a mars bar in there, I would be stunned if he is on any less than £25k per year as he can get more than that in non league where he came from.

Hyam type signings are slightly different as they have been in academy’s so should be nearer to being ready, many seem to quite McCallum but I have to be honest I don’t see it I know he is very young but when he played he looked ordinary at best but he is raw and the best left back we have had at the club was from non league

Users who are viewing this thread