HR - Sad but true (1 Viewer)

tisza

They make some of those grounds look quite respectable. Plough lane, the Dell and Ayrsome Park were horrible grounds to go to particularly before it went all-seating.
I'll give them Maine road and Highbury. I do wonder about West Ham fans and how they'll feel a few years down the road if they can't sell out the Olympic stadium. Don't think anywhere beats Upton Park for a night game in terms of atmosphere - in and out the ground.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

They make some of those grounds look quite respectable. Plough lane, the Dell and Ayrsome Park were horrible grounds to go to particularly before it went all-seating.
I'll give them Maine road and Highbury. I do wonder about West Ham fans and how they'll feel a few years down the road if they can't sell out the Olympic stadium. Don't think anywhere beats Upton Park for a night game in terms of atmosphere - in and out the ground.

Upton Park is one of my favourite away grounds, gutted they're moving to a continental style ground where the fans will be 0.6 miles from the pitch!

chiefdave

I do wonder about West Ham fans and how they'll feel a few years down the road if they can't sell out the Olympic stadium. Don't think anywhere beats Upton Park for a night game in terms of atmosphere - in and out the ground.

West Ham's move is very like our move to the Ricoh. If they get relegated they could have similar problems. Although they do seem to have a much better rental deal than us.

mechaishida

The Baseball Ground, ugh. Right grot-hole, and I only had the pleasure of going once, thankfully. Cup tie in '97 I think it was, we lost 3-2 after some atrocious refereeing by Danson.

Users who are viewing this thread