How much will ACL make (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

ACL must be rubbing there hands together from all the profit they will make, i wonder how much and does all the corporate ticket sales go to them?

dongonzalos

ACL must be rubbing there hands together from all the profit they will make, i wonder how much and does all the corporate ticket sales go to them?

Is it more than the 1.3 million they are legally owed?

If not I guess they are not making that much profit.

Last edited:

Grendel

Car parking charges are determined by ACL as is the scandalous decision to allow only 4 tickets to season ticket buyers. The football club has offered the game at a cheap price. Car parking remains a premium. Given this is now a council funded quango you would have thought they would do the decent thing for the citizens of Coventry. Then again this is ACL...,,

D

Deleted member 4439

Corporate goes to City.

Pie & Beer sales go Compass with ACL getting a cut I think.

Not sure about car parking.

And 20% (incl. of ticket sales) goes to HMRC...leaving the club with just enough of a pot to piss in, hopefully.

dongonzalos

Car parking charges are determined by ACL as is the scandalous decision to allow only 4 tickets to season ticket buyers. The football club has offered the game at a cheap price. Car parking remains a premium. Given this is now a council funded quango you would have thought they would do the decent thing for the citizens of Coventry. Then again this is ACL...,,

Nah sod that.

If it is a council funded quango. It had to be one because of the actions of our owners.

It needs to succeed so our club stays safe.
The council wants coventry to have a football club.

Let them run it as they see fit. We know they do care about us.

cloughie

The club rent the arena at a set rate (when they actually pay) regardless of the size of the crowd plus costs such as the amount of stewards needed.

The car park is rented to CCFC who put their cut on top which makes the total cost of a car park ticket.

Acl will not make any more profit than if it had have been 10,000 other than a cut of the food sold.

Seems some on here never let facts get in the way of spreading BS in their attempt to muddy the waters regarding ACl and the council

Grendel

Nah sod that.

If it is a council funded quango. It had to be one because of the actions of our owners.

It needs to succeed so our club stays safe.
The council wants coventry to have a football club.

Let them run it as they see fit. We know they do care about us.

Why did we only get 4 cup tickets this season? That is before any rental dispute. Can you seriously justify that? Can you justify them charging double the admission price. I can't.

They care about nothing but ripping supporters off from what I can see.

Grendel

The club rent the arena at a set rate (when they actually pay) regardless of the size of the crowd plus costs such as the amount of stewards needed.

The car park is rented to CCFC who put their cut on top which makes the total cost of a car park ticket.

Acl will not make any more profit than if it had have been 10,000 other than a cut of the food sold.

Seems some on here never let facts get in the way of spreading BS in their attempt to muddy the waters regarding ACl and the council

If CCFC wanted to make the car park free would they be allowed to?

Who made the decision to only allow 4 car park tickets in a season ticket?

dongonzalos

Why did we only get 4 cup tickets this season? That is before any rental dispute. Can you seriously justify that? Can you justify them charging double the admission price. I can't.

They care about nothing but ripping supporters off from what I can see.

Coventry needs a football club.
The Council has to promote Coventry.

The Council wants Coventry to have a football club
The fans want the same.

Grendel

Coventry needs a football club.
The Council has to promote Coventry.

The Council wants Coventry to have a football club
The fans want the same.

Do you think its fair season ticket holders now having to pay to park having paid for the whole season? Answer the question.

dongonzalos

Do you think its fair season ticket holders now having to pay to park having paid for the whole season? Answer the question.

Problem is I think they have an outstanding creditor.

They are probably trying to recoup an outstanding debt from the fans.

Maybe a fair way would be charge those who agree with SISU not paying their debt. So they can chip in for the outstanding debt.

However those who think SISU are outrageous could pay just a fiver

Grendel

Problem is I think they have an outstanding creditor.

They are probably trying to recoup an outstanding debt from the fans.

Maybe a fair way would be charge those who agree with SISU not paying their debt. So they can chip in for the outstanding debt.

However those who think SISU are outrageous could pay just a fiver

Garbage these prices were set last May. Try again.

dongonzalos

So you say SISU should pay only 170k a year.
You say that ACL should write off 1 million pounds worth if legally binding debt.
Then you bleat when they can't drop their car parking prices.

dongonzalos

After 10 months attempting to find a resolution, it is clear that Sisu are not prepared to work to that end and the company must protect itself. This support does not mean that the charity takes pleasure in the plight of Coventry City Football Club."

dongonzalos

I think SISU should do right by you Grendel.

Get SISU to pay 20 quid of their debt so you can park.

Last edited:

Grendel

So you say SISU should pay only 170k a year.
You say that ACL should write off 1 million pounds worth if legally binding debt.
Then you bleat when they can't drop their car parking prices.

I'm saying that they made this decision completely separately to the rent payment. I am actually defending them. They clearly from the outset that relegation is likely to mean more cup games. That is why they're the decision, an opportunity to make profit.

What you are saying is they are consciously trying to recoup a few thousand pounds from a consumer of a product mdue to a creditor owing them money. If that was the case now they are bring subsidised they would change the decision.

Sorry you sound stupid. They did it because they could make more money as that ultimate steely is their only interest. How you ever complained to ACL about parking issues? I have pre sisu. Believe me their customer relations is worse than the club. They really do only care a out the colour of money on this issue.

dongonzalos

I'm saying that they made this decision completely separately to the rent payment. I am actually defending them. They clearly from the outset that relegation is likely to mean more cup games. That is why they're the decision, an opportunity to make profit.

What you are saying is they are consciously trying to recoup a few thousand pounds from a consumer of a product mdue to a creditor owing them money. If that was the case now they are bring subsidised they would change the decision.

Sorry you sound stupid. They did it because they could make more money as that ultimate steely is their only interest. How you ever complained to ACL about parking issues? I have pre sisu. Believe me their customer relations is worse than the club. They really do only care a out the colour of money on this issue.

You were saying they made the decision before SISU started reneging on their contract.

You were wrong.

I am saying maybe they would like to lower the parking prices and if they didn't have bad debtors maybe they could.

You encourage the bad debtor so maybe you shouldn't complain.

Car insurance goes up because of uninsured drivers.

If I encouraged people to drive uninsured then I could hardly complain when my insurance was expensive

Last edited:

Grendel

You were saying they made the decision before SISU started reneging on their contract.

You were wrong.

Are you actually saying this was a conscious decision to make fans pay for a potential £1.3 million debt? They forsaw this possibility and actually thought they would make the fans suffer by paying a tiny percentage back?

Wow that's some accusation against ACL. You clearly think they have no morals at all.

I'm genuinely astonished.

Waldorf

There's some real crap being talked on this thread. The FACTS are as follows:
1. ACL take the same amount in match day fees that they do for every other match (this is the only money The club are paying them)
2. ACL share the profits from the food and drink concessions half and half with Compass. (This is the part they have offered to the club)
3. ACL sold the car parking concession to the club, who sold it on for a lump sum, so neither ACL nor the club will get anything from car parking, and have no control over pricing.

Now we've got the facts straight, maybe we can have a proper, informed discussion.

dongonzalos

1. ACL take the same amount in match day fees that they do for every other match (this is the only money The club are paying them)
2. ACL share the profits from the food and drink concessions half and half with Compass. (This is the part they have offered to the club)
3. ACL sold the car parking concession to the club, who sold it on for a lump sum, so neither ACL nor the club will get anything from car parking, and have no control over pricing.

Now we've got the facts straight, maybe we can have a proper, informed discussion.

The discussion would not have happened as it was seen as an opportunity to attack ACL. I assume G man won't be interested in the outrage now he knows it is the clubs fault for selling on the parking for a lump sum

Grendel

Really -- who did they sell it to? Also please advise who made the decision to not allow more than 4 tickets per season in the cup. I am interested as I want to write and complain. I already have to ACL -- this is clearly why they have never bothered to answer my letter on the subject.

Strange you only seem to post when someone criticises the council funded quango -- very strange.

dongonzalos

Really -- who did they sell it to? Also please advise who made the decision to not allow more than 4 tickets per season in the cup. I am interested as I want to write and complain. I already have to ACL -- this is clearly why they have never bothered to answer my letter on the subject.

Strange you only seem to post when someone criticises the council funded quango -- very strange.

Was it SISU who sold it in on, or pre SISU.

If it is SISU it maybe worth writing to them, it seems they may not have sold it to people who care about the fans?

Grendel

Was it SISU who sold it in on, or pre SISU.

If it is SISU it maybe worth writing to them, it seems they may not have sold it to people who care about the fans?

Definately nothing to do with them. I didnt buy it through the club either though I was offered it as a package this time. I paid later. ACL manage the car parking facilities. Let's wait for Stadler's response first so we know who owns it shall we?

dongonzalos

Out of interest Grendel how much do you have to pay?

For what it is worth I agree with you it should be a fiver.

For further details on car parking please contact our Car Park Manager Karl Chester on 0844 873 6514 or [email protected]

Cup match parking- Johnstone Paint Trophy
To book parking for the Jonhstone's paint trophy please call 0844 873 6514 by 16.30 Monday 7th January

Last edited:

Grendel

Out of interest Grendel how much do you have to pay?

For what it is worth I agree with you it should be a fiver.

It is now £9 extra -- the main issue though is that the season costs a flat fee which I think was £210. Cup games were always free -- you got tickets in the book for every round. Now it is only 4 tickets for "cup games". Without doubt someone saw we would now actually perhaps play more games and siezed the moment. It's aa rip off anyway. Also they will almost certainly pay on the gate. I have been turned away before as they have sold out though have on both occasions forced my way in. It will be a nightmare.

dongonzalos

It is now £9 extra -- the main issue though is that the season costs a flat fee which I think was £210. Cup games were always free -- you got tickets in the book for every round. Now it is only 4 tickets for "cup games". Without doubt someone saw we would now actually perhaps play more games and siezed the moment. It's aa rip off anyway. Also they will almost certainly pay on the gate. I have been turned away before as they have sold out though have on both occasions forced my way in. It will be a nightmare.

They will need to think again when the train station is built.

Users who are viewing this thread