How much is CCFC worth? (1 Viewer)

chickentikkamasala

For all of its assets and the golden share, what would any potential purchaser have to pay? (this would be without playing at the Ricoh or owning its own ground, purely the club as it stands now).

stupot07

1 can of diet coke and a mars bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ian1779

Using the ACL example - SISU are going to value it at a minimum of £40m given the monies owed to them surely?

Ian1779

So the debt plus golden share could be valued around £40m? apart from players what other assets do CCFC own? does CCFC still own Ryton?

Possibly - or like Dale said maybe a nominal amount but you have all the debt.

Don't think they own much - is Ryton mortgaged out?

chiefdave

£1, the club is worthless. The customer base has disappeared, the club is performing at it's lowest level in most peoples living memory with virtually no assets and huge debts.

If it was anything but a football club it wouldn't be in existence anymore. The key is what someone is prepared to pay SISU to discharge the debt and what SISU are prepared to accept.

RFC

For all of its assets and the golden share, what would any potential purchaser have to pay? (this would be without playing at the Ricoh or owning its own ground, purely the club as it stands now).

Only as much as any businessman (or woman) is prepared to pay for it.

Just like any of us when buying a house or car or whatever, we don't pay the asking price but if we really want to buy we make an offer.

Start as low as you dare and increase gradually, same applies to the football club but unfortunately because of the history I think all individuals positions are far too entrenched and it's 'personal' and has been for far too long!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Only as much as any businessman (or woman) is prepared to pay for it.

Just like any of us when buying a house or car or whatever, we don't pay the asking price but if we really want to buy we make an offer.

Start as low as you dare and increase gradually, same applies to the football club but unfortunately because of the history I think all individuals positions are far too entrenched and it's 'personal' and has been for far too long!

Doesn't work that way when it comes to football grounds it seems:facepalm:

Grendel

They need the council to do the valuation. They will value at whatever is owed (£40 million?) and then we need a double whammy from Higgs to end on too whatever sisu paid to get the club (£8 million?)

Bingo! Its £48 million on the Coventry council / Higgs scale of valuation.

bigfatronssba

The club is worth whatever sisu is prepared to sell it for.

James Smith

Possibly - or like Dale said maybe a nominal amount but you have all the debt.

Don't think they own much - is Ryton mortgaged out?

I don't think so I thought they bought it back. Was it mortgaged to Arvo?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

They need the council to do the valuation. They will value at whatever is owed (£40 million?) and then we need a double whammy from Higgs to end on too whatever sisu paid to get the club (£8 million?)

Bingo! Its £48 million on the Coventry council / Higgs scale of valuation.

Lets have the Sisu version paid nothing invested £70 million

Bingo its £70 million on the Sisu scale of valuation or pick any number

James Smith

Lets have the Sisu version paid nothing invested £70 million

Bingo its £70 million on the Sisu scale of valuation or pick any number

No according to one of the Sisu lawyers they've invested £50m.

Grendel

Paxman II

I think the real debt is nothing like the paper debt and without the Ricoh I would guess £1 on a fag packet with the debt taken on.
Step forward Hoffman and co and get your deal with the council and ACL to lease the Ricoh at a fair price unbeknown to SISU. :)

James Smith

Sisu paid £8 million of debts on purchase didn't they?

I'm only going by what the lawyer said, I've not seen their books. It may be that that figure includes their purchase costs but I don't know as they didn't elaborate.

AFCCOVENTRY

The club was worth nothing when sisu took over.

They took over the original debt left by the old regime.

All they have done is increase the debt, lost mass revenue streams through sponsorship, lost ticket sales through losing the fan base, lost merchandise sales. Best of all they have moved the club away from the city which it belongs.

Sisu have managed to become a class A student in how to completely ruin a football club.

Sisu never envisaged the fanbase staying away from sixfields in the numbers we have. Fisher completely cocked this up and I really do wonder how Seppala has taken this advice from him?

Sisu are at the lowest ebb now and how are they going to rectify this?

Their plan was to take a distressed asset and sell something worth nothing for something. That potential profit has vanished right now without the Ricoh, be it renting the stadium and crucially for them to get it for pretty much nothing.

Grendel

They will want their £8m back and then they will want payment on their £50m of interest. They might want 10p in the pound or 20p in the pound or as high as 50p in the pound. Only joy knows that answer.

Can you please back up the claim that £50 million interest has been charged to the original debt.

Users who are viewing this thread