How much for Calum Wilson? (1 Viewer)

stupot07

£1-1.5m at present.

Palace paid way over the odds for Gayle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Greggs

Better player than DMG and he is a decent championship striker. Callum is worth 3million at least i reckon.........unless his shoulders are fucked?

rupert_bear

We won't get anything near a million. We have ex-players playing in the premiership now, such as Ben Turner, one of the best defenders in the championship at the time left sided too, sold for just £750k. Leon Clarke scorer of nearly 30 goals in a year go for the same amount. Our owners look for quick fix cash and buyers know it.

ccfclinney

We all know callum has had a great season.. But it's only one season he needs to prove he can do the same next year and I think his price will rocket. At the minute though I think we would sell for a million

RFC

We won't get anything near a million. We have ex-players playing in the premiership now, such as Ben Turner, one of the best defenders in the championship at the time left sided too, sold for just £750k. Leon Clarke scorer of nearly 30 goals in a year go for the same amount. Our owners look for quick fix cash and buyers know it.

They do not look for quick fix cash, our club has been losing money for more years than I care to remember and under several previous ownerships.

Don't recall the actual circumstances surrounding Turner but Clarke (& his agent) engineered his move to Wolves to double his wages, asking for a transfer and I'm sure the club held-out for as much as they could get. PUSB!

dongonzalos

They will take one million
The difference with us and Bradford I'd Bradford are allowed to actually spend some if that money in a replacement as oppose to just using it all to pay wages and cover loses

dongonzalos

They do not look for quick fix cash, our club has been losing money for more years than I care to remember and under several previous ownerships.

Don't recall the actual circumstances surrounding Turner but Clarke (& his agent) engineered his move to Wolves to double his wages, asking for a transfer and I'm sure the club held-out for as much as they could get. PUSB!

I genuinely think if the club had said no you are not engineering a move if you keep your head down we promise to sell you in the summer.

He would have played on to become the leagues top scorer. He would have had no choice. If he threw a strop for the rest of the season no one would sign him.

sky blue john

New owners needed to get us back to Coventry and hold onto our home grown
talent. We won't progress up the leagues by selling them. The owners should be building a team around players like Calum !!

Samo

They will take one million
The difference with us and Bradford I'd Bradford are allowed to actually spend some if that money in a replacement as oppose to just using it all to pay wages and cover loses

And what do you think Joy would say in her defense?

Grendel

Total rubbish. Turner was according to thorn not as good as his preferred partnership of Keogh and Cranie. Many posters on here were very sceptical about him. He wasn't even playing when sold.

Clarke is a journeyman who was sold to us for free. I would guess that's the best fee he's been sold for.

Grendel

I genuinely think if the club had said no you are not engineering a move if you keep your head down we promise to sell you in the summer.

He would have played on to become the leagues top scorer. He would have had no choice. If he threw a strop for the rest of the season no one would sign him.

Of course someone would still sign him. Clarke would have just feigned injury and been a hugely negative influence in the dressing room.

You sound hugely naive and foolish sometimes.

dongonzalos

Of course someone would still sign him. Clarke would have just feigned injury and been a hugely negative influence in the dressing room.

You sound hugely naive and foolish sometimes.

Yes just like Suarez did.

So often you describe yourself whilst trying to belittle others

Grendel

You don't know that!!

Yes I do. History shows the minute Leon Clark wants a move Leon Clark gets move. No club has ever held onto him. He is a soldier of fortune has had numerous sulks and fallouts. Pressley said he wanted him gone due to the negativity that would surround him otherwise.

dongonzalos

Total rubbish. Turner was according to thorn not as good as his preferred partnership of Keogh and Cranie. Many posters on here were very sceptical about him. He wasn't even playing when sold.

Clarke is a journeyman who was sold to us for free. I would guess that's the best fee he's been sold for.

Just came back from injury when he was sold had he not.
Think most on here don't mind him been sold its value people have the issue with

Grendel

Yes just like Suarez did.

So often you describe yourself whilst trying to belittle others

Remind me how many clubs Suarez has had and remind me why he suddenly became happy again.

Grendel

Just came back from injury when he was sold had he not.
Think most on here don't mind him been sold its value people have the issue with

He would have had no value as thorn had stated that he would not have been picked.

I think his injury cleared up pretty quickly didn't it?

rupert_bear

Whether Turner was the bees knees or not doesn't come into it. Our owners accept smaller fees than they could get purely in my opinion to get all the money up front rather than spread over a couple of years or so. That suits them better.

Grendel

Whether Turner was the bees knees or not doesn't come into it. Our owners accept smaller fees than they could get purely in my opinion to get all the money up front rather than spread over a couple of years or so. That suits them better.

How many clubs have been paid more for Leon Clarke?

rupert_bear

None and perhaps £750000 was the right fee, but the question of this thread is how much for Callum Wilson with ideas that we could get two or three million, total wishful thinking for a rookie in his first full season, we all know it is the second season when he is known about a bit better his true ability and sustainability is more apparent.

Spionkop

Callum staying, returning to the Ricoh, Pressley staying. I'll take that.
Build a team around Wilson, sort the defence, which is shocking.
If Wilson goes in the Summer, strong possibility, it'll be another nail in Sisu's coffin.
But he'll almost undoubtedly go. The money, million tops, will fill the Sixfields black hole.
Sisu wouldn't even blink. Nothing to them.
Joy wouldn't know anything about it of course, it would be CCFC selling him, not Sisu.
Just like Sisu didn't stop paying rent on the Ricoh, it was CCFC all along. Yeah, right.

ccfc92

I really think Wilson needs 1 or 2 more seasons at this level. He wouldn't get a look in at a decent championship side IMO, other than a last 10 minute super sub to run at players.

Astute

And what do you think Joy would say in her defense?

Nothing as usual. But Fisher or Labo would have come out with a line like couldn't hold his career back or the undisclosed offer was too much to turn down. Might even blame the fans for not turning up.

ccfc92

Nothing as usual. But Fisher or Labo would have come out with a line like couldn't hold his career back or the undisclosed offer was too much to turn down. Might even blame the fans for not turning up.

I'd blame the fans :whistle:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Freddie Eastwood moved for £1m, and that was when he was no longer scoring for fun.....

I do think Callum needs to be consistent over a couple of seasons rather than just this one for any club to pay a decent price fans that fans will agree with.

At present, I couldn't see us getting much more than £1.5m.

ccfc92

Freddie Eastwood moved for £1m, and that was when he was no longer scoring for fun.....

I do think Callum needs to be consistent over a couple of seasons rather than just this one for any club to pay a decent price fans that fans will agree with.

At present, I couldn't see us getting much more than £1.5m.

It's irrelevant of what we will get for him, as it will be used to cover losses, not support the team :(

Users who are viewing this thread