how many? (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

how many new players do we have that we haven't seen in Sky Blue this season? I can think of some but I'm sure there are others, Kwame Thomas, Kyle Spence to start.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

how many new players do we have that we haven't seen in Sky Blue this season? I can think of some but I'm sure there are others, Kwame Thomas, Kyle Spence to start.

You could argue all of them we haven't seen in the Sky Blue this season with that lovely white home kit.

But I'm sure K Thomas & Spence have both played this season at home? I'm sure I've seen them both, Thomas definitely as it was a home game he got injured in.

Pipehitterz

i thought we'd see more of spence on the bench, venus doesnt put a lot of defenders on the bench so i suppose with ricketts already taking up a spot, we have flexibility

do you think we may see less of jones?
he isnt the player TM seemed to be relying on, shows TM up as being pretty desperate in the end

Brylowes

Kwame can take his time to recover. I saw him play and he was god damn awful.
Thomas came on as sub against Shrewsbury and promptly got injured, seemed too
Have no idea what he was supposed too be doing in the short time he was on.

Brylowes

McBean hasn't had any minutes yet, seems to be notching a few for the reserves,this
Cup game could have maybe been a good opportunity for a debut, even if 15 minutes
Off the bench.

Samo

i thought we'd see more of spence on the bench, venus doesnt put a lot of defenders on the bench so i suppose with ricketts already taking up a spot, we have flexibility

do you think we may see less of jones?
he isnt the player TM seemed to be relying on, shows TM up as being pretty desperate in the end

Unfair on both IMO

Pipehitterz

Unfair on both IMO
BUT it's exactly what he did do tho.
Jones is a Kid, never been in this level of the game and is very inexperienced.
Tm threw him into every lost cause situation and expected the winner out me him.
I'm digging out tm massively on this one, Jones is the innocent party.
I think he's been shot out by tm and should really be going back to the drawing board with him. there's others that can do that job so give the lad a rest
Tm definitely used him as his saviour, and now he's out of a job.
The same players, with very Little presence of Jones in the team, have played 100% better and produced a run of form.
Your argument of me being harsh on tm is weak, tm had us at the bottom of the table with a supposed weak team. yet we're one 5 off play offs

stupot07

Both Thomas and Spence have made albeit brief first team appearances this season.

I can only think of McBean, and if we're including academy players Devon Kelly-Evans although he came on in the Norwich away game, which we wore our home kit IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wingy

BUT it's exactly what he did do tho.
Jones is a Kid, never been in this level of the game and is very inexperienced.
Tm threw him into every lost cause situation and expected the winner out me him.
I'm digging out tm massively on this one, Jones is the innocent party.
I think he's been shot out by tm and should really be going back to the drawing board with him. there's others that can do that job so give the lad a rest
Tm definitely used him as his saviour, and now he's out of a job.
The same players, with very Little presence of Jones in the team, have played 100% better and produced a run of form.
Your argument of me being harsh on tm is weak, tm had us at the bottom of the table with a supposed weak team. yet we're one 5 off play offs
Can certainly agree on your assessment Re Jones.
Of course when a manager moves on as well there can be outfall and the lad Is on a four year deal.

Pipehitterz

Can certainly agree on your assessment Re Jones.
Of course when a manager moves on as well there can be outfall and the lad Is on a four year deal.
It seems strange how Jones gets all the game time when I would put him equal or behind Thomas, Spence, dke , maycock even, and possibly mcbean in game time order.
It's the start of his career, and like you say, 4 year contract, it should be another season till we see these stars , and hopefully they get themselves in and around the team.
If anything I can see a experienced right winger coming in the next transfer window so Jones can move into the u23 team

wingy

I was thinking the rush was more to capitalise financially on investment.
But he does look like he's going to need time.
Then how was it sold to him, fast track or development first.
It's still early days, but scope for disillusionment to creep in, same in the case of Ghadzev as well.

stupot07

Tbh, when mowbray signed him he said he come to develop and not be in the first team and he would need time. He then threw him straight in the first team. He wasn't even a regular starter for D&R.

TM did seem to have his favourites, and despite what fans think of G Thomas he was deemed good enough at the start of the season, then got completely discarded, where others like Jones have spluttered and play most weeks. I know Wright managed to score a couple of goals but hes only been deemed good enough for feature in a handful of games since hes been here, yet hasn't been playing in the u23s to keep ticking over. Whereas McBean, Thomas and Kelly-Evans are playing well and scoring for fun for u23's but can't get anywhere near the squad. And yes its a different standard of football, but isn't that the standard where page, sterry, agyei and wright were playing in not long ago?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stevefloyd

I would love to see Spence given some game time, he actually does have an end product from what I saw in pre season, I know he is small but he is quick and very tricky and can pick passes and draw fouls so I would rest Jones for now and try Spence, maybe because he was a naughty boy and the club are punishing him...who knows

Users who are viewing this thread