How many points do we need (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

I think 6 or 7 from the remaining 7 games

Be extra nice to get 3 wins from 7 but hard to see that , so 2 wins and a draw ...looking at Preston, Millwall, Rotherham and Huddersfield games as the likely place although I hope we go for it every match now

Rich

I agree with Clint. If we win at Rotherham then that’ll be massive.
If we pick up another couple of wins I think we will be safe. 50 and we will be safe for definite.

skybluetony176

Might have enough already looking at final tables from the past five seasons. Another 6 wouldn’t go a miss though.

RFC

I think 6 or 7 from the remaining 7 games

Be extra nice to get 3 wins from 7 but hard to see that , so 2 wins and a draw ...looking at Preston, Millwall, Rotherham and Huddersfield games as the likely place although I hope we go for it every match now

8 points I believe, although we may be safe with fewer!

Londonccfcfan

depends where they come from, a win at Rotherham is truly a 6 pointer. I just can't see them catching us if we win there.
You have to think we're capable of picking up more points at home.
Exactly as you say. Its not about how many point to stay up.

The biggie is Rotherham. Win that game alone and it may almost certainly be enough to stay up.

That game is literally a 6 pointer in every way.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly as you say. Its not about how many point to stay up.

The biggie is Rotherham. Win that game alone and it may almost certainly be enough to stay up.

That game is literally a 6 pointer in every way.

Except for us not getting 6 points for a win ;)

Ccfcisparks

2 wins and a draw. That prevents Wednesday trying anything dodgy with us, and if 1 of those results is against Rotherham it’ll be a certainty.

ccfc92

Looking at the games in hand, we should know by Matchday 42 how many we need.

We will have played Rotherham by then and we will know what we need to do.

4 points vs Bournemouth and Rotherham, should see us safe.

no_loyalty

I would say 6 points will see us home and dry.

Hobo

Who knows with bottom teams finding form and promotion candidates getting the gitters? It always happens. You cant rely on other teams at this stage.

ccfcricoh

Beat Rotherham and we only need one more win out the other 6, which with Preston/Millwall at Home and Huddersfield, should be more than doable

scottccfc

for some reason i can see us getting something saturday against Bournemouth, gives us breathing space heading into the rotherham game.

Sky Blue Harry H

If Wednesday pick up a win in either of their next 2 games - QPR (h) and Swansea (h), they have a fighting chance of staying up with their remaining fixtures. Derby are a funny lot, with awkward fixtures. Having played a game more than us, they end the season at home to Wednesday. They play:

Norwich (h)
Blackburn (a)
PNE (a)
Blues (h)
Swansea (a)
Sheff Wed (h)

If they don't win at Blackburn, or beat Blues, they could be in real trouble.

skybluetony176

If Wednesday pick up a win in either of their next 2 games - QPR (h) and Swansea (h), they have a fighting chance of staying up with their remaining fixtures. Derby are a funny lot, with awkward fixtures. Having played a game more than us, they end the season at home to Wednesday. They play:

Norwich (h)
Blackburn (a)
PNE (a)
Blues (h)
Swansea (a)
Sheff Wed (h)

If they don't win at Blackburn, or beat Blues, they could be in real trouble.
Derby are still in it for sure.

cov donkey kick

Reckon 5 and a not lose result at Rotherham in fact I think away that's the most winnable if we go with the attitude from the bristol game .

Marty

I think we'll get 8, but the final 4 fixtures are quite kind to us this season, playing against teams who are already on the beach. We could see a late surge for mid-table mediocrity.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

47. I had a worry about sheffield weds but then realised they were 7 points behind at the start of the day, and nobody gave them a chance. They’re still 7 points behind us. I don’t think they’ll catch us

Terry Gibson's perm

The season can’t end early enough for Blackburn - 1 win since January and crashing - some things never change

They are not really developing on the pitch under Mowbray and off the pitch it’s all they seem to want to do. Another team that have been seduced by Waggott you would think teams would be able to spot that he is useless by now.

skybluesam66

huddersfield are in trouble

Norwich A
Rotherham H
Bournemouth H
Forest A
Barnsley H
Blackburn A
Coventry H
Reading A

so assuming they lose today - then either
a) They lose to Rotherham, with 3 tough games before they play us or
b) They draw or beat Rotherham, which puts a nail in their coffin

Otis

Hoping t
huddersfield are in trouble

Norwich A
Rotherham H
Bournemouth H
Forest A
Barnsley H
Blackburn A
Coventry H
Reading A

so assuming they lose today - then either
a) They lose to Rotherham, with 3 tough games before they play us or
b) They draw or beat Rotherham, which puts a nail in their coffin
Hoping they beat Rotherham to be honest. I think Huddersfield are much the better side, even though they have been on a very poor run.

Frostie

Hoping they beat Rotherham to be honest. I think Huddersfield are much the better side, even though they have been on a very poor run.

I'm with you.
Huddersfield have a clear identity in what they want to be, Corberan is Bielsa's former right hand man of course. Think they are having problems adjusting to what he wants & question if they have the quality to do it consistently over the course of a season. They have had a lot of injury problems & have some glaring weaknesses (particularly on crosses) but will get some good results too & should be fine.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hoping t

Agree Otis - i have watched them several times, and they play decent football. They have a midfielder O'Brien (who scored in their draw against Brentford) who is a very good attacking midfield player. I am fairly confident they will beat Rotherham, and I would rather they were safe - and on the beach - by the time we play them. If they lose every game between now and the end of the season, I'd take that too !!

jordan210

One of the prediction sites has us and drum ending on 49 points and Rotherham relegated on 48.

I hope it isn't that close !

fatso

9 points from the 21 available should be very much achievable looking at our fixtures and the fact that Godden and Walker are getting back to match fitness.
Dabo may well be available in a couple of weeks, and Ecles and Pask looked good against Brizzle, so we should be safe well before the last game. 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread