how many famous cov fans are there? (1 Viewer)

skybluearmy88

Was jus curious after reading another thread so googled it and here is what I got..
Jimmy hill

Eddie Jordan
Bryan mcfadden
Jon stape ( guy from corrie)
The enemy

Anyone know any others?

lordsummerisle

Malcolm from Malcolm in the middle strangely enough.

Alastair McGowan(Though remember looking a bit non-plussed and embarassed by being asked about it on the Inverdale chat show a few years ago, with Strachan when he was in charge.

Rick Gekowsi, writer and publisher(think one of the Booker judges this year, or something similar) Wrote Staying Up, great book.

Dick Cheney - Former US Vice president

Goodluck Jonathan- Nigerian Prime Minister

Philip Larkin

Ingmar Bergman

Sure there are more.

skybluesam66

Its not richard branson - but his dad
There are more talk sport presenters than any other club

Keys, Gould, Moz Dee - used to also be gaunty

Skyblueloyal

The old bbc midlands today lady newsreader Kay somebody is a City fan .....sorry can't think of her name, but I don't know if thats classed as being famous

Nick

Administrator
Does my head in when people say the Enemy, aren't most of them brummies? I remember an interview where one said "I have supported Coventry for about a year now".

I know one of them is from Cov isn't he? The "We Love Cov" thing they do sickens me!

skybluesam66

I wouldnt mind going to Manchester or London and seeing people everywhere with Cov tops on, who have been newly converted

pusbccfc

Apparently pete waterman is.

kg82

Malcolm from Malcolm in the middle strangely enough.

Alastair McGowan(Though remember looking a bit non-plussed and embarassed by being asked about it on the Inverdale chat show a few years ago, with Strachan when he was in charge.

Rick Gekowsi, writer and publisher(think one of the Booker judges this year, or something similar) Wrote Staying Up, great book.

Dick Cheney - Former US Vice president

Goodluck Jonathan- Nigerian Prime Minister

Philip Larkin

Ingmar Bergman

Sure there are more.

With the threat of sounding completely gullible... Really?!

TimRussell

How about the Krankies? They live in Cov so surely we must be their English team? I know it's not exactly one to boast about, but still not quite as embarrassing as The Enemy.

skybluesam66

ok how many of these have been to a game in the last 3 years

john stape - yes
Richard keys has been once

the others - probably not

Il Pirata

Does my head in when people say the Enemy, aren't most of them brummies? I remember an interview where one said "I have supported Coventry for about a year now".

I know one of them is from Cov isn't he? The "We Love Cov" thing they do sickens me!
The frontman is from Birmingham but a Coventry fan. The other two are from Cov, one supports Man Utd, think Coventry is his 'second team'. Whatever, glory boy.

Peter Waterman = dickhead

C

Clive Plattini

Fairly sure mcgowan is a Leeds fan. Was on football focus in the my club section.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The drummer from the Enemy (something "Watts") is from Cov. I worked with his dad, Martin Watts, at a fibre optics company in Siskin Drive.

skybluebeduff

Only Oliver Adams is from Brum, the rest are genuine City fans.

lordsummerisle

With the threat of sounding completely gullible... Really?!

Yep,

Goodluck Jonathan became a fan when we won the Cup in 1987, had previously never heard of us, but watching the game againsyt Tottenham on a small colour TV in Port Harcourt he became obsessed with all things Sky Blue.

In fact, when he became Governor of Bayelsa in 2005, he insisted that the residence be painted entirely in Sky Blue throughout, and commissioned a staue for the gardens of the famous image of George and John holding the cup aloft.

Since becoming Prime Minister in 2010, he has becam famous for his ant-corruption drives and efforts to make Go For It City the new National Anthem of Nigeria.

Dick Cheney though of course more famous as neo-con and architecht of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, is less well known for his passionate love of Coventry City, particularly the Don Howe era, an inspiration for the "shock and awe" tactics for the Iraq campaign.

Ingmar Bergman's most famous work The Seventh Seal, about a medievel knight playing a game of chess with the personification of Death who has come to take his life is believed to have been inspired by Coventry City keeper Alf Wood.

In becoming the oldest player to start for the club at nearly 44 years old, he saw it as a fight against mortality and the God's, but could unfortunately not see a professional footballer winning a chess game against Death, so changed the setting to the Middle Ages during the Black Death and the main character to a Knight.

A shame it would have been interesting to have seen his original vision of the film set in a grimy industrial city in the English Midlands featuring a Division Four custodian of the nets(though did still intend Max Von Sydow to play the part of Alf Woods)

kg82

Yep,

Goodluck Jonathan became a fan when we won the Cup in 1987, had previously never heard of us, but watching the game againsyt Tottenham on a small colour TV in Port Harcourt he became obsessed with all things Sky Blue.

In fact, when he became Governor of Bayelsa in 2005, he insisted that the residence be painted entirely in Sky Blue throughout, and commissioned a staue for the gardens of the famous image of George and John holding the cup aloft.

Since becoming Prime Minister in 2010, he has becam famous for his ant-corruption drives and efforts to make Go For It City the new National Anthem of Nigeria.

Dick Cheney though of course more famous as neo-con and architecht of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, is less well known for his passionate love of Coventry City, particularly the Don Howe era, an inspiration for the "shock and awe" tactics for the Iraq campaign.

Ingmar Bergman's most famous work The Seventh Seal, about a medievel knight playing a game of chess with the personification of Death who has come to take his life is believed to have been inspired by Coventry City keeper Alf Wood.

In becoming the oldest player to start for the club at nearly 44 years old, he saw it as a fight against mortality and the God's, but could unfortunately not see a professional footballer winning a chess game against Death, so changed the setting to the Middle Ages during the Black Death and the main character to a Knight.

A shame it would have been interesting to have seen his original vision of the film set in a grimy industrial city in the English Midlands featuring a Division Four custodian of the nets(though did still intend Max Von Sydow to play the part of Alf Woods)

Have you thought of becoming a fiction novelist?! You're very good!

From Westlife.org:-

Bryan admits being a Coventry City fan
Bryan is prepared to put his money where his mouth is when it comes to his beloved Sky Blues. He was at last night's glittering Brit awards where Westlife picked up a gong for Best Pop Act, watched by compere Frank Skinner.
Bryan then decided to goad the Birmingham comic by betting him £1,000 that West Brom (Skinner's club) would not beat the Sky Blues in the play-offs at the end of this season. It is not known whether the bet was accepted.

ashbyjan

Ken Dulieu, Paul Clouting, Lionel Brody.........oh no they've never been to a game let alone support the club

Users who are viewing this thread