How do you ask people to keep their distance? Or do wear a mask? (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

As in the title...when people are walking right next to you or are staying too close to you in a queue what do you do/say? Often I don't do anything but recently it's been pissing me off and i just turn around and say can you back off. Mixed responses - some wrong uns get all arsey.

Same with masks - some people just bowling in and out of shops without.

Kind of light hearted but also kind of curious as to how people handle it!

Grendel

Despite the hype my experience is most people wear masks.

people don’t observe distancing in supermarkets but what in reality can you do but just laugh really

NorthernWisdom

Well I shouted a load of obscenities at a load of cyclists...

Then tried the passive aggressive of thanking a couple for their consideration - they thought I was being serious, smiled and said no problem.

Next approach will be cattle prod, I reckon.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well I shouted a load of obscenities at a load of cyclists...

Then tried the passive aggressive of thanking a couple for their consideration - they thought I was being serious, smiled and said no problem.

Next approach will be cattle prod, I reckon.

In school I semi-jokingly taped together two metre rule sticks. Now I have them at home might take them into the shop haha

Brighton Sky Blue

Quit your whinging you c*nt, i know you seem to think your're some sort of martyre and the whole of the human race depends on you getting out of your box or civilization will grind to a halt, but you're not the only one affected by all this.
Yes, you are special, just like mummy, and all your lecturers told you, but so are 8 billion other people.
It's not only you that needs to rant at the world.
Kind regards.

Rant and call people cunts all you want. I just felt uncomfortable with a gif of someone being shot in the head, fake or otherwise.

dutchman

Same with masks - some people just bowling in and out of shops without.

Forgot mine the other night. I knew the shop serves people without one so wasn't walking all the way back home to get it. Hardly anyone around and nobody said anything. The joke is I normally carry spares but had a different backpack with me this time.

skyblueusername

Rant and call people cunts all you want. I just felt uncomfortable with a gif of someone being shot in the head, fake or otherwise.
Ok, i retract, i will try and delete it as its caused offence, i may not be as educated and articulate as yourself so sometimes try to get the point across via pictures/gifs.
My rant against you was based on a lot of people have been massively affected by this, a lot worse than having to teach 'in a box'

robbiekeane

Despite the hype my experience is most people wear masks.

people don’t observe distancing in supermarkets but what in reality can you do but just laugh really
It’s usually people in smaller stores or fast food places that just don’t seem to think masks apply to them but yeh mostly seem everyone wearing.

Supermarkets, queues at the checkout, queues outside shops, even out on the street people just have seem to either forgotten or stopped caring. Does my head in

Rich

Classic British answer for me........

Last night I went to Tesco, blocking the door smoking was mother Traveller and Grandmother Traveller, Angel children travellers racing all over the place whilst MT and GMT shouted pleasantries to try and keep their Angels under control.

Cigarettes extinguished they all run into Tesco with their faces unclad. Can you guess what my classic British response was???

That's right I had a mild racist thought ("bloody gypsies" I thought) and kept my mouth closed. When I got home I had a jolly good cup of tea to calm my nerves.

Sbarcher

Classic British answer for me........

Last night I went to Tesco, blocking the door smoking was mother Traveller and Grandmother Traveller, Angel children travellers racing all over the place whilst MT and GMT shouted pleasantries to try and keep their Angels under control.

Cigarettes extinguished they all run into Tesco with their faces unclad. Can you guess what my classic British response was???

That's right I had a mild racist thought ("bloody gypsies" I thought) and kept my mouth closed. When I got home I had a jolly good cup of tea to calm my nerves.
I think supermarkets should use trollies which are 2m long. Once you bump a bum you know you are properly distanced.

Covkid1968#

Had a positive COVID test today... the Mrs was negative. Made me think 2 things
1. Do masks even matter when she has been in the same bed as me
2. Am I paying my wife sufficient attention because not catching it off me does raise the question

It pissed me off when people don’t follow the rules.... I’m feeling like shite because somebody probably hasn’t... because I know I have

NorthernWisdom

2. Am I paying my wife sufficient attention because not catching it off me does raise the question

It pissed me off when people don’t follow the rules.... I’m feeling like shite because somebody probably hasn’t... because I know I have
Masks will only reduce the risk, not eliminate it.

Hope you get better soon... and hope your wife stays OK too. If possible she might want to get another test in a day or two to check the result...

Brighton Sky Blue

Ok, i retract, i will try and delete it as its caused offence, i may not be as educated and articulate as yourself so sometimes try to get the point across via pictures/gifs.
My rant against you was based on a lot of people have been massively affected by this, a lot worse than having to teach 'in a box'

Which is fine. You’ll see I was having problems since March from working into the early hours making lessons for kids who wouldn’t show up, then spending more time chasing them to do the work set etc. The stuff about being in a box is less ‘I don’t like it’ but more just I can’t offer a good education to the kids in front of me under those circumstances particularly when I teach something practical. My missus is in the same position and with nowhere else to offload her own stresses does so to me.

I know I can be a whingey bastard a lot of the time but without this place to rant in relative anonymity I’d have gone off the deep end months ago!

Rich

I've only just seen the now deleted comment from @skyblueusername That sort of thing is totally innapropriate. That fact that I've just seen that on a CCFC forum is absolutely disgusting.

Please have respect for others this isn't Rotten.com ffs.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've only just seen the now deleted comment from @skyblueusername That sort of thing is totally innapropriate. That fact that I've just seen that on a CCFC forum is absolutely disgusting.

Please have respect for others this isn't Rotten.com ffs.

He has sent a full apology by PM, it's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

robbiekeane

Makes no sense at all. How can a virus that is so infectious that the world has literally shut down, not transmit between people sharing a bed together?

To be clear I’m not doubting the infectious ness of the disease...in my mind though there are two possibilities. The tests are inaccurate, or your wife has one hell of an immune system

BodicoteSkyBlue

Makes no sense at all. How can a virus that is so infectious that the world has literally shut down, not transmit between people sharing a bed together?

To be clear I’m not doubting the infectious ness of the disease...in my mind though there are two possibilities. The tests are inaccurate, or your wife has one hell of an immune system
I’m in the same boat here, had a positive test on the 3rd, wife had the test & come back negative?? 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread