How are City getting round the ffp rules (1 Viewer)

diggerdaley

How are City signing all these ex championship players,when they had the smallest home crowds in division,are they playing for peanuts ? I thought the ffp rules would limit the transfer activity.

Godiva

How are City signing all these ex championship players,when they had the smallest home crowds in division,are they playing for peanuts ? I thought the ffp rules would limit the transfer activity.

Money from Wilson sale probably.

mark82

Believe we were given dispensation because of our current situation but every transfer has to be agreed by the football league. That was the case last season at least, assume it is still the case.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Wilson sale, Clarke sale, Arsenal cup cash........Besides....sisu can "invest" capital if they so wish....as long as its not loaded as debt...

FRY-CCFC

Honestly here, who actually gives a shit about FFP. It's 11:00 on a Wednesday and you are on the internet discussing FFP. Why exactly? To insight an argument over sisu/acl? Or just to get the forum of the topic of football as soon as possible.

Ian1779

Could well be using money from sales as mentioned, or owners injecting equity in the form of a donation.

Have a read about FFP and SCMP... the Twitter/Facebook interpretations you often see are a little wide of the mark.

Samo

Could well be using money from sales as mentioned, or owners injecting equity in the form of a donation.

Have a read about FFP and SCMP... the Twitter/Facebook interpretations you often see are a little wide of the mark.

Yep. Put in as equity, gets around FFP. So some Wilson money reinvested but in wages rather than fees.

skybluetony176

Didn't ARVO put a few quid in last season as share issues so the club meets FFP? Presumably with the Wilson money they might not need to this season?

Kingokings204

Or they have the FL in their back pocket and could do anything and won't get sanctioned.

The benefits to crap owners.

afan4life

:sarcasm:

have you seen them playing?:pointlaugh::pointlaugh:...peanuts would be generous:slap:

shmmeee

At a guess: last season we had special dispensation and ARVO injected cash as share capital.

This season unless we spend a far bit more, the sales of Wilson and Christie will probably cover it. Also the wage budget is 60% of last year (or cut by 60%, not sure which).

Doesn't mean we're breaking even of course. We could be spending more than 40% of our turnover on other things.

Terry Gibson's perm

FFP is a load of old rubbish created to help the wealthiest teams like Man Utd,Barcelona,Real Madrid three teams with massive debts, the other teams with rich owners like PSG are just ignoring it told they could only spend £49 million this summer they spent about £50 million on Luiz and what has happened to them nothing as UEFA will not dare to take them on it court as they have very deep pockets.

ccfc92

FFP is a load of old rubbish created to help the wealthiest teams like Man Utd,Barcelona,Real Madrid three teams with massive debts, the other teams with rich owners like PSG are just ignoring it told they could only spend £49 million this summer they spent about £50 million on Luiz and what has happened to them nothing as UEFA will not dare to take them on it court as they have very deep pockets.

Barcelona is the biggest joke regarding transfer embargos :L

AFCCOVENTRY

Ffp includes income from player sales. The only reason we have players such as Tudgay and Simeon is because of the Wilson transfer fee.

dadgad

Wilson sale, Clarke sale, Arsenal cup cash........Besides....sisu can "invest" capital if they so wish....as long as its not loaded as debt...

That's outbloodyrageous! Are you saying the Arse tie was a fiddle? Well I never!?!

I think we're due Spurs again this year.

SIR ERNIE

Honestly here, who actually gives a shit about FFP. It's 11:00 on a Wednesday and you are on the internet discussing FFP. Why exactly? To insight an argument over sisu/acl? Or just to get the forum of the topic of football as soon as possible.

Infinitely more relevant to the fortunes of CCFC than the majority of infantile nonsense that you post imo.

Nick

Administrator
Wait a minute, people moan that we don't sign anybody or pay for them but when we sign a couple of "named" players we find a way to moan with FFP?

diggerdaley

I was'nt trying to moan about ffp,I seem to remember someone saying we had a similar budget to Nuneaton Town,I may be mistaken or misread it.

Users who are viewing this thread