House of Fraser (1 Viewer)

Marty

It didn't take Mike Ashley long to turn it into a slightly up-market sports direct, the place is a shambles now and a lot of decent makes have left and what decent ones remain are now surrounded by shit. It won't be long before you see aisles of Lonsdale trainers. The Birmingham store was absolutely dead this afternoon, yet somehow still looked like a jumble sale.

fernandopartridge

It didn't take Mike Ashley long to turn it into a slightly up-market sports direct, the place is a shambles now and a lot of decent makes have left and what decent ones remain are now surrounded by shit. It won't be long before you see aisles of Lonsdale trainers. The Birmingham store was absolutely dead this afternoon, yet somehow still looked like a jumble sale.
Tbf Sports Direct owns Flannels etc. I suspect it's more to do with HoF not paying invoices etc previously than it being the new owners

Alkhen

Yeah I was in Cirencester the other day, a posh cotswold town. House of Fraser is shutting down and has the exact same sale signs as sports direct all over the front, same naff graffiti font looks really tacky

Marty

I dont think I have ever been in a house of fraser to know what they sell....

Think Debenhams, but bigger named brands, stuff like Ralph Lauren, Barbour, Tommy Hilfiger etc.

Gazolba

I remember when it was Rackhams in Birmingham - an excellent old-fashioned department store, that I bought tons of stuff from.

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah I was in Cirencester the other day, a posh cotswold town. House of Fraser is shutting down and has the exact same sale signs as sports direct all over the front, same naff graffiti font looks really tacky
I don't know how the well-heeled ladies of the north Cotswolds will cope without HoF - better than their mortification at it being turned into Sports Direct by stealth, I guess!

Flannels are c*nts - they recently took some huge payments on my credit card without making the right checks. I suspect they are a shell for money laundering. Their trustpilot reviews are something like 85% 1*
Close the bastards down!

Users who are viewing this thread