Hope is a fickle mistress (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

The Leeds result allowed us to dream of 'the great escape' but in my own opinion whatever that is worth, the performance today against a similarly lackluster forest side reflected more of 'the great disgrace'.

Until this point I remained cautiously optimistic about survival, Hoffman and the rest of CCFC life now however, whats the point?

The girlfriend just asked me 'whats up?', i pointed at the forest stream and said this, her response "oooh football", right now I have to agree.

a resigned optimist.

Blarr

Same thing happened to me.

With Pompey taking the points hit and the Leeds result I had high hopes for a possible climb back up the table to safety, with the right set of results from us and our friends at the bottom of the table.

But now with the loss today it feels just that little bit more out of reach. This result does not spell out the end of our season, however losing to a poor Forest side does make it seem dire.

Paxman II

It will be interesting to see what Thorn says...

he should have kept that 'Tuesday night' spirit going but while dominated the play today we did somehow lack a cutting edge to finish the job, like we simply thought we would win.

Just wish we had an experienced manager who sounds like he means business. Thorn always sounds like a nice bloke and never willing to come on and demand better. How about getting angry about today Thorn? If I was in your shoes I would be.

Users who are viewing this thread