Home Record: We Get What We Deserve (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

One of the major reasons why our poor form is so much worse than the away form is due to the utterly terrible support offered at home. I don't mean the low gates-I mean those fans who go to matches seemingly with the sole purpose of booing the players and getting on their backs.

If I was an away manager, I'd set the team up to defend and hit us on the counter-attack. My team-talk would be "all we need to do is keep it at 0-0 and their fans will get on their backs. They think they're billy big-bollocks and too good for this division and they'll take their frustration out on their players. Their fans are our 12th man. If we can sneak a goal, their fans will slaughter them for everything they try to do and it will make our jobs much easier".

If you were doing your job, would you respond positively to someone standing by and hurling abuse at you? Or would you benefit more from their enthusiastic encouragement? If you needed to show guts and determination, would you be more likely to do so with someone telling you to get stuck in, or someone screaming that you are a lazy disgrace?

I think I was virtually the only person in B21 who was cheering on Baker as he twice ran through a brick wall to close his man down, then again to keep the ball in play-leading to our first goal. Many of our fans had given up and were too busy indulging in their rage. What happened to "Fight 'Till the Game is Won?" Sure it's frustrating, but we'd played some of our best football for ages up until the Colchester goal; then heads understandably dropped after we'd dominated, the fans turned and started with their heckles, and confidence visibly drained from the players.

Why can't we all be a bit more like the fans who go away every week and actually support our players? There are a lot of CCFC "supporters" who actually go up there wanting certain players to fail!

One of the biggest things wrong with this football club is it's bitter and negative supporters. We can't expect players to flourish and thrive if all they get is grief-they need passion, encouragement and support-like the away fans give. If we all made the kind of noise they did at home games The Ricoh would be a fortress. It really is no wonder that we're the best away side division and one of the worst at home!

coundonskyblue

I could agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that when the fans do get behind the team, and are generally supportive, they still lose.

Crewe JPT game was typical of this.

Nonleagueherewecome

I could agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that when the fans do get behind the team, and are generally supportive, they still lose.

Agreed with that, but tonight is a prime example where we could have made a difference. Crewe was a special game with 30k in the crowd!

coundonskyblue

The fans are negative, and it would be better if it changed. I just find it hard to criticise anyone who is still going and supporting the club tbh. I don't think any group of fans have been shit on so much as us over the years. After so long its going to affect the mentality of the remaining fans.

D

Deleted member 4439

Don't count, was a pressure dome that the players wouldn't have been used to..

coundonskyblue

Don't count, was a pressure dome that the players wouldn't have been used to..

Presumably the Crewe players were used to it?

Were the cup winning squad used to playing infront of 90k people at Wembley?

Good players that are strong minded are not affected by such things.

Nonleagueherewecome

Carl Baker has just said this himself on Facebook.

What did he say?

Bugger musta heard me screaming my encouragement, I was going mental at 2-0 down as I was so angry at the apathy around me. What happened to football being fun, and getting behind the lads come what may? I don't think anyone was shirking out there, and Baker got a lot of grief despite busting a gut for this club. He pretty much dragged us back to 2-2 with willpower and determination, top bloke!

I noticed Cody as well when we got a corner gesturing "come on make some noise!" to the fans, it must really get the players down.

Jackoskyblue

We seen last 5 mins the support lifted and so did the players but in turn the players need to get the crowd going first, for 80 mins we had nothing to get behind as far as I'm concerned

Nonleagueherewecome

We seen last 5 mins the support lifted and so did the players but in turn the players need to get the crowd going first, for 80 mins we had nothing to get behind as far as I'm concerned

That sums up our attitude-and with that silence, all that can be heard are the utter twats who do nothing but hurl abuse.

rob9872

It takes time for people to adjust after so long without success. I think the expectation to lose/fail is in us and hooefully it will evolve over time. How long dud we go without winning away or coming from behind, nw they're the norm. Hopefully this mentality can change in time too at home ... and a clean sheet would be nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread