Home advantage (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

With mixed results last for teams playing in front of fans, do home teams in tier 2 have an unfair advantage?

Bugsy

With mixed results last for teams playing in front of fans, do home teams in tier 2 have an unfair advantage?

had this convo with the old man, yes totally unfair advantage should bring all fans back in any amount or none at all in my opinion, as what player wouldnt love to score infront of fans or influence the ref to a certain degree

Covstu

I think it is an advantage as playing at home has counted for nothing so far. It is what it is, the good boys and girls in tier 2 get extra privileges.

BornSlippySkyBlue

had this convo with the old man, yes totally unfair advantage should bring all fans back in any amount or none at all in my opinion, as what player wouldnt love to score infront of fans or influence the ref to a certain degree
I agree in principle, be interesting to see some figures to see if teams with home fans are performing better. I guess the flip side is it will motivate away players who love winding up the oppo fans...

AFCCOVENTRY

I agree in principle, be interesting to see some figures to see if teams with home fans are performing better. I guess the flip side is it will motivate away players who love winding up the oppo fans...

Wycombe had fans in yesterday and their little mini run came crashing down.

But in general there is a n advantage with home fans in a stadium.

I wonder how many champ clubs have fans in now?

stevefloyd

To be fair we were losing and scored in the dying minutes of 2 games, would we have done that with a crowd however small getting on the players backs?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Wycombe had fans in yesterday and their little mini run came crashing down.

But in general there is a n advantage with home fans in a stadium.

I wonder how many champ clubs have fans in now?
One game though tbf. Under normal circumstances there is a home advantage, what I’m wondering is if that translates into an advantage this season for clubs with 2/4K fans dotted around vs those of us without. You’d imagine so, but 🤷‍♂️

BornSlippySkyBlue

So they are banging on about the fans being back is making a huge difference in the Arse game. I’m starting to think this is actually quite significant. Some areas (West Midlands) are likely to be in tier 3 until at least January (and let’s not forget the impact Christmas and students moving will have).

How is this situation fair? We really don’t need any extra hills to climb this season.

Users who are viewing this thread