Already booked the Statue of Liberty and seeing a baseball game at Fenway park
My wife and daughter want to see a show on broadway so that’s on the agenda too

clint van damme

To escape the doom and gloom of today’s weather
Where’s everyone heading this year?
I’m off to New York and Boston
Already booked the Statue of Liberty and seeing a baseball game at Fenway park
My wife and daughter want to see a show on broadway so that’s on the agenda too

You doing Ellis island along with statue of liberty Daz?

OffenhamSkyBlue

We're doing Toronto to NYC by train in November. Any ideas on how to spend 5 days in NY gratefully received.
But for summer we're keeping it local - camping in Tanzania :happy::happy::happy:

clint van damme

We're doing Toronto to NYC by train in November. Any ideas on how to spend 5 days in NY gratefully received.
But for summer we're keeping it local - camping in Tanzania :happy::happy::happy:

NY only an hours flight from Toronto (or maybe 2) and you can clear US customs there so you don't have to fuck about too much when you land.
Tanzania sounds interesting. What sort of camping, wildlife reserve?

OffenhamSkyBlue

NY only an hours flight from Toronto and you can clear US customs there so you don't have to fuck about too much when you land.
Through the Masai Mara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro crater. But not your "Treetops" style glamping - this is basic unfenced sites, helping with the cooking, etc. We get a flushing loo on day 6, i think!
Fucking excited already!

clint van damme

Through the Masai Mara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro crater. But not your "Treetops" style glamping - this is basic unfenced sites, helping with the cooking, etc. We get a flushing loo on day 6, i think!
Fucking excited already!

Sounds fantastic.

OffenhamSkyBlue

NY only an hours flight from Toronto (or maybe 2) and you can clear US customs there so you don't have to fuck about too much when you land.
But we're flying to Toronto, do three nights there, then the train to New York as it's a good way to see upstate, stopping off at Niagara, etc.

wingy

Seem to be some bargain's this year possibly due to capacity increase re TC's failure.
Potentially compounded in the short term due to the conovirus?

skyblue1991

India (Goa) in April with the other half.
During week two we will be flying to New Delhi then travelling to Agra to see the Taj Mahal!

Sky_Blue_Daz

As a man of Irish heritage you'll find it fascinating.
I'm sure a few of your long lost family docked there many years ago.
My favourite NY attraction.
My wife’s auntie is coming with us too she lives in Yonkers and the Bronx when she was in her early 20s so she wants to go there too
Found out recently that my great grandfather on my dads side was a fireman in Philadelphia and died in service as a result my great grandmother and grannie emigrated back to Ireland and lived in Roscommon

I plan on delving into that a bit mote at some point

Covkid1968#

India (Goa) in April with the other half.
During week two we will be flying to New Delhi then travelling to Agra to see the Taj Mahal!

im doing Goa in April... I love it there. North at first then heading down south as much more chilled.

Turkey in July for a beach holiday and fake Stone Island
Ios in early Sept for some Greek end of season partying. Love that tiny island and so much better than Santorini.

clint van damme

im doing Goa in April... I love it there. North at first then heading down south as much more chilled.

Ios in early Sept for some Greek end of season partying. Love that tiny island and so much better than Santorini.

Have I read this wrong or are you going for a holiday on fake stone island?

skyblue1991

Nice one!

First time for me. Based near Arrosim beach so the south area. I know it's relatively quiet there but there must be a couple of places nearby for drinks, shopping etc outside the hotel?

Also any excursion reccomendations?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fellatio_Martinez

I went to Cancun in 2018 and New York in 2019 so I'll be taking less of an elaborate holiday this year to Madrid for a week in July. I know someone there so it'll be free accommodation. I'll just live on the relatively cheap tapas and beer putting on a few stone in the process.

Covkid1968#

Nice one!

First time for me. Based near Arrosim beach so the south area. I know it's relatively quiet there but there must be a couple of places nearby for drinks, shopping etc outside the hotel?

Also any excursion reccomendations?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Not been that part of south Goa.... you are only a short trip from the airport.... and a taxi will get you to the north in less than an hour if you want night life and trips ... but you are right it’s very quiet. I’m at Agonda further down but all of the south is lovely....not a tourist area at all like the north. Unlike the north I’ve not seen any rice boat overnight stays or spice plantations or waterfalls advertised but that’s why we love it. If you have a river flowing into the sea at your beach they will do boat trips up the river... they are really good. You either love or hate Goa... it’s basic but the food and people are lush. If you are right at the back end of April... just before rain season it starts to get really hot and the locals are more fed up as the season is finishing... hope you have a great time

Tommo1993

New York too. Third time in as many years. Just after coming home last time my mum and dad booked to go, we got jealous and booked to go same time as them! In May this time. Went March 2018 and July 2019.

Hoping to visit Auschwitz this year too.

Sick Boy

New York too. Third time in as many years. Just after coming home last time my mum and dad booked to go, we got jealous and booked to go same time as them! In May this time. Went March 2018 and July 2019.

Hoping to visit Auschwitz this year too.
How was the weather in March? It is true that you get grilled by US border guards?

Tommo1993

How was the weather in March? It is true that you get grilled by US border guards?

March was a bit chilly but mostly fine when you’re walking around. Mrs got straight through at airport, I got asked why I was there, how long for, where I was staying, my job and got my hands swabbed.

clint van damme

customs in NY are well on top, it's strangely a lot more relaxed in some of the more supposed red neck states.
March can be chilly but nothing compared to the winter months apparently, I've never actually been in the winter myself.

clint van damme

It wasn't in Texas!

strangely, I found it was though I did come via Georgia which meant I landed in Texas on an internal flight.
Georgia itself is a redneck state but it was all fairly relaxed. Very high tech as well. If you'd been to the states before and they had your biometrics on record all you had to do was scan your fingerprints, present your passport and go on your way. Got cleared in a matter of minutes.

Astute

Not having a holiday this year. Spend all my spare time travelling to be with my wife and kids. They treat life like a holiday when not at school. So they are not interested in one.

Marty

Moneys a bit tight this year so only looking at a few, haven't booked anything this year but seriously looking at Havana at Easter, Japan in the early summer, Zante late summer and Gold Coast again for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread