Holding Grudges (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

Is it all fans or just Cov fans? Baker really grew into the game today and was IMO man of the match, and I have never been his biggest fan. Robin's biggest job - and the clubs - is changing the fan's mindset. At some point we have to draw a line and TRY and be positive and support. People chatting sh*t round by me all game. Very negative.

Didge76

Is it all fans or just Cov fans? Baker really grew into the game today and was IMO man of the match, and I have never been his biggest fan. Robin's biggest job - and the clubs - is changing the fan's mindset. At some point we have to draw a line and TRY and be positive and support. People chatting sh*t round by me all game. Very negative.

Was well and truly shit again. As for captain the bloke is really not the right person for the job. Have never been a fan of his and never will be if I'm honest. Maybe one day he'll prove me wrong.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have never been a fan of his and never will be if I'm honest.
Exactly what the OP is saying, you go in close minded with the opinion Baker is a bad player. So unless he plays an absolute blinder scoring a screamer from 30 yards you will always pick the negatives from his performance

sky_blue_up_north

I totally agree Baker was the mom today he lead ny example a real captain in my opinion worked tirelessly for the side

Ccfcisparks

There are 2 things Carl Baker is consistant at.
1. Gives 110% every game, except looking dead on his feet at half time.
2. His consistently bad touch which often hinders his performance and prevents him from turning from an average player to a good player.

Sterling Archer

Was well and truly shit again. As for captain the bloke is really not the right person for the job. Have never been a fan of his and never will be if I'm honest. Maybe one day he'll prove me wrong.
"Never will"

What an idiot.

"Regardless of how you play Mr Baker, I will never be a fan of you despite the fact you play for my club and your performances have improved and are improving."

Some "fans" eh?

Sky Blue Sheepy

Thought he was brilliant today, MoM by far. Won the ball back when others lost it and beat his man on numerous attempts. No-one was terrible (careless at times but not terrible) but him and Fleck stood out for me. Wood looked better too. Still feel we need Cody fully fit though.
Some cracking saves from Murphy too when needed.
Dodgy first half but happy overall.

What does the feller have to do to convince the habitual knockers - best of the bunch tonight by far - surely by sheer volume of nominations (SBT and CWR) for MOM reflects his contribution today - come on you knockers give credit where it's due.

shy_tall_knight

Unconvinced by Baker and fleck today. Against MK Baker was given 2 good chances first half but his poor close control ensured they were only half chances. today scuffed a shot inside the box where he should have scored. He worked hard he may be doing the captain thing well but unconvincing, just my opinion. Fleck will he ever be fit too slow did little going forward and little defensively. IMO our best players were Murphy Nathan wood Reckord ball and Mcgoldrick.

WestEndAgro

Baker MOM by a comfy distance, although impressed with Ball's contribution, he clearly changed the game.I also thought Bailey had a good game, good contributions from Rekord, Murph's and Goldie

pusbccfc

Baker played well today, but what about this stat...

As him as Captain

2 wins, 1 Draw in the league.

His work rate is starting to rub off on the other players.

Theging1987

baker worked very hard today and showed glimpses of the skill he no doubt possesses but needs to show it on a more consistent basis which I suppose could be said for the majority of the team at the moment. Glad to see fleck back but thought the game passed him by for the first 20 mins playing behind mcgoldrick. Once he switched to the left got more involved, wanted the ball and grew more confident especially with the switch at half time. Thought ball had his best performance today as well, giving a physical presence up front, something we have lacked a little

Black6Osprey

Don't know how anyone could knock Baker today. Some people are truly blind and will never see a good performance.

It's okay if you don't rate the player but you've got to give credit when it's due.

I liked Bailey again today as well.

kg82

Complete fool

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Didge76..do you sit in block 31.

Somebody sat behind me booed when they announced baker was playing and then proceeded to critisie him throughout the game, completely ignoring anything positive.

Even more annoying is the supposedly witty comments - such as robins get your transfer list out.

Samo

You know when a girlfriend or mate starts to get on your nerves and everything they say and do, no matter how small, drives you fucking nuts? From that point they literally cannot do a thing right.
That's what's going on for some fans with Baker. We need to forget about the past, put negative feelings aside and give the guy a break. Then maybe when he's played well (like yesterday) we will be able to see and appreciate it.

WillieStanley

He was brilliant yesterday. I'm in JSB end this season so for the second half I was watching completely down his line. He was taking on players, tracking back, fighting for the ball. He could be a bit more vocal but that will come. Great captain... who knew!!

shy_tall_knight

i know football is a game of opinions but I seem to be way out with most on here. Anyone claiming Baker was brilliant seem to have forgotten the first half. when playing wide right there are two parts to the game creating chances and providing defensive support to the right back. If we were to play the second half highlight don't remember Baker providing anything going forward, no crosses no beating his man out wide, what people seem to say he did well was retain possession worked hard to get the ball back, His lame shot what about his only input going forward.. Its not a grudge I have against Baker just nearly 4 years off watching him you get to form an opinion, I want him to play well, Blues yes that was a brilliant performance yesterday was not.

pusbccfc

i know football is a game of opinions but I seem to be way out with most on here. Anyone claiming Baker was brilliant seem to have forgotten the first half. when playing wide right there are two parts to the game creating chances and providing defensive support to the right back. If we were to play the second half highlight don't remember Baker providing anything going forward, no crosses no beating his man out wide, what people seem to say he did well was retain possession worked hard to get the ball back, His lame shot what about his only input going forward.. Its not a grudge I have against Baker just nearly 4 years off watching him you get to form an opinion, I want him to play well, Blues yes that was a brilliant performance yesterday was not.

You have to admit some of the balls with BOTH feet were quality. He drifted central, to his PROPER position and looked far better.

dadgad

= plank.

How is it possible for anyone to write such a contradictory load of bilge without a hint of sarcasm?

Stupidity in excelcis!

skyblueinBaku

In the first half, Baker was just about the only player to show any drive or sense of urgency. Compared to the rest of the team, his first half was outstanding. He seemed a bit quieter after half time, but for me was easily MOM.

psgm1

Banned
Here's a thought. Perhaps if he played well consistently the fans might be won around.

Look at Leon Best. He was hounded horrtendously, but he won the fans round by playing well. I think I still have a phantom mask around somewhere!

J

Jack Griffin

I must admit I thought Fleck was generally quite anonymous today and looking still short of match fitness.

Didn't see the game, but my take is that his fitness must be improving as he was given a start. The only way he is gonna get fit is playing.. 4 or 5 more starts & he should start playing a lot better..

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Here's a thought. Perhaps if he played well consistently the fans might be won around.

Look at Leon Best. He was hounded horrtendously, but he won the fans round by playing well. I think I still have a phantom mask around somewhere!

Advantage for leon best as a striker he turned the fans round by hitting a good vein of goal-scoring. Baker has been one of our better players this season, has contributed in goal scoring and assists, helped his full back and especially since MR has come in shown commitment to the cause. Also unbeaten in league under his captaincy.

Unfortunately there are many who will always refuse to see any good in baker and so unless he suddenly turns into the next ronaldo will continue to slate him. I haven't always been his biggest fan and have been very critical at times, mainly cause I always felt could do better.

We need to support our players, especially the ones who show some desire, rather than the constant knocking and refusual to see any good in people.

Last edited:

oakey

I have always been quite indifferent to Baker... A few cameo performances, nothing more... But yesterday, in the first half, I was literally begging for the ball to go to him as he was the only player in sky blue who could control it and keep it for a few seconds. He was tidy, worked hard and looked for through balls and crosses. Everyone else just stood and watched, by and large. In the second half he worked tirelessly.
Of course Ball made a major contribution to the result, but MOM by some distance was Captain Carl ... Or should that be Combat Carl?

Users who are viewing this thread