Hoffman/Elliot/Ranson - The Holy Triumvirate - Will they take us over? (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

This is in responce to the old thread that was dredged up today.

I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this situation?

Seeing as we've heard relatively nothing for the past few months, is that a good or a bad thing?

Are SISU and the Triumvirate (see what i did there lol) still in talks. They've all made plenty of appearances recently at City games and while I know they could just be there to watch city play, it does make me think.

I mean its all about image isn't it. You make appearances, you get people talking and people are more likely to keep you in their thoughts (SISU, Fans etc) if your a highly visible entity.

Plus they seemed very, very pleased with Robin's appointment, almost as if they'd had some sort of hand in it. Is this their first movements in our eventual take over?

The Triumvirate are hopefully still at the table with SISU and as they say, no news is good news. At least in this case, i hope its true...

Sick Boy

Is this the same Joe Elliot who went round to people's houses, demanding that they hand over their shares to SISU?

The same Ray Ranson who told us that we were debt free, and who brought SISU to the club and paying himself a lot of money in the process?

No thanks. I would prefer a fresh start and not these jokers.

skyblueman

Won't ever be these three - their time has gone

Timing is all wrong anyway - club is more stable in last few months - doing better with new manager - foot is well in the door on the stadium for SISU - they are going to hold out for a decent price - this price will be too much for anyone sensible

It will take a sudden change of fortunes or heart for the owners to cut and run and that is only when the opportunists will want to strike - for now we are with our beloved SISU - let's forget about all this nonsense and concentrate on some decent football for a change

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
other than them stirring the pot and watching a game of football I do not feel there is any substance to them being around and about.

Certainly do not feel that they actually offer anything more in a business sense than we presently have. In fact TF & SW have a track record for turning things around elsewhere. Add to that the fact that TF & SW are very good with the media, have other successful interests in relevant skills to the situation and you have to query what it is the 3 are actually doing and are they equipped to help. I would have thought that SISU would go straight to any financiers rather than deal with a set of middle men who really have not achieved much so far. Anyone GH were to attract has the same problems as anyone else to face, SISU havent found anyone to share or take the load of an unprofitable, asset lacking under achieving football club...... GH is at a further disadvantage he doesnt have access to any of the figures, budgets or agreements, how is he more likely to succeed?

I am sure that view wont please those that want to see GH on board .......... but i would say take a step back look at what expertise they actually bring, the track record, the previous involvement in CCFC, what positive things they have achieved so far and you tell me what there is that says it would be better with the 3 ..........( trick question really because they are the middlemen not potential new owners). Takes more than being a city fan to sort out the financial mess at the club

Last edited:

theprince

Do you think that these appearing together at recent matches, the councils apparent climb down on allowing SISU to buy into the Ricoh and recent about turns on club policy re. letting Robins bring in his own staff coincidence ?

Anyone looking to buy into this football club hold the whip hand, SISU cannot bankroll this football club forever. Just because Hoffman, Ranson, Elliott or whoever aren't shouting from the rooftops doesn't mean things aren't bubbling away, then again it might not be bubbling away, they or anybody else ain't going to reveal their hands to a bunch of plebs on here.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I assume you dont class yourself as a pleb then prince ........ as you have been spouting inside information in the past .......... oh wait none of it happened :facepalm:

Not saying they are not doing something but think you are adding two and two to make six in your first paragraph ........ no deal done as yet on the Ricoh and its the club that will own the shares in ACL, they are friends so why wouldnt they go to matches together (they are not VIPs in the directors box though), the changes in club policy are necessary under any regime at the CCFC they are done for financial expediency first and foremost, shock manager brings in his own staff how unusual. All of which proves nothing one way or another

If TF gets the finances in order, MR brings success even promotion, CCFC buy 50% of ACL ........... then you might find it isnt such a buyers market.

For the record I am not a pleb. So explain what it is that the 3 would bring that would fundamentally change the finances and position of the club ?

aodea

To be honest i feel if they were going to buy would have been last year. Club seems far more stable now (despite the posyion in the league). I think its SiSU world for next few years minimum. (well except for me winning the euro millions and taking over.)

skyblue1523

the only way i can see coventry having new owners in the next few years is if one of us fans win the euro millions and then it would have to be a 5 xs roll over lol

RichieGunns

'Triumvirate' what a great word Richie!
Sounds like an Evil villain group........erm actually...........

lol I thought so too :D

Interesting! After reading that article on Birmingham City, I can't see why we haven't had more interest. And before anyone starts mouthing off at me, i know the obvious reasons aka don't own stadium, £45 million debts (£30m of which is Equity supposedly) and a struggling team (on the up though to some degree!)

But if you compare our situation to Birminghams, apart from the fact that i believe they own their stadium, there are a lot of similarities.

The conspiracy theorist in me wouldn't be suprised if it came out that SISU had, had more offers from other sources but didn't like the offers they were made...if this were true then it makes sense that all they want is the stadium and that once they have it, they'll offload the football side to someone else etc.

Obviously this is a conspiracy theory so could be a pile of bollocks...but hey its a good conversation starter ;)

Grendel

Do you think that these appearing together at recent matches, the councils apparent climb down on allowing SISU to buy into the Ricoh and recent about turns on club policy re. letting Robins bring in his own staff coincidence ?

Anyone looking to buy into this football club hold the whip hand, SISU cannot bankroll this football club forever. Just because Hoffman, Ranson, Elliott or whoever aren't shouting from the rooftops doesn't mean things aren't bubbling away, then again it might not be bubbling away, they or anybody else ain't going to reveal their hands to a bunch of plebs on here.

Desperate post even by your standards "Eleanor".

Sick Boy

Anyone who believes that Hoffman is waiting for the right time to buy the club is seriously deluded. We have previously been told how rich these supposed investors are, if they were that rich then surely they could just buy the club tomorrow. The whole thing is ludicrous, it sounds as though they have even less money than SISU do.

It should also be a very worrying sign for those 'Hoffmanites' that Elliot & Ranson are hanging around as well. None of them should ever be allowed to be involved with the club again.

RichieGunns

Anyone who believes that Hoffman is waiting for the right time to buy the club is seriously deluded. We have previously been told how rich these supposed investors are, if they were that rich then surely they could just buy the club tomorrow. The whole thing is ludicrous, it sounds as though they have even less money than SISU do.

It should also be a very worrying sign for those 'Hoffmanites' that Elliot & Ranson are hanging around as well. None of them should ever be allowed to be involved with the club again.

Sick Boy your forgetting the politics of it all...

Money isn't the only deciding factor...

skybluedan

they are all wankers, hoffman,elliott and sisu fuckin bullshitters hoffman was never gonna do shit he,s a c**t like dhinsa the man offered a fuckin pound ffs as if the cunts that are sisu were gonna say oh yeah we will take that and morons who were saying shit on here can fuck shit as well I HAVE A SOURCE nobs fuck you too.and as for that hairy weirdo fuck freak keys if i ever bump into the twat im gonna make him suck the shit out my arse with a straw

theprince

Gary Hoffman has never said he has intentions of buying the club, infact he has said the opposite. In the only article i remember him putting his name to around 6 months ago he said it. He has tried to INTRODUCE interested parties, whether that is still the case don't know. I think if that becomes a dead duck it would be said, so lets live in hope.

Steve.B50

they are all wankers, hoffman,elliott and sisu fuckin bullshitters hoffman was never gonna do shit he,s a c**t like dhinsa the man offered a fuckin pound ffs as if the cunts that are sisu were gonna say oh yeah we will take that and morons who were saying shit on here can fuck shit as well I HAVE A SOURCE nobs fuck you too.and as for that hairy weirdo fuck freak keys if i ever bump into the twat im gonna make him suck the shit out my arse with a straw

How can anyone be allowed to talk like this?

Users who are viewing this thread