Highlights - Rochdale (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date

skyblue1991

Second 'goal' from Armstrong definitely looked onside to me. The first I'm not so sure.

We look to move the ball well but it's clear one up front isn't working. I would try a box standard 4-4-2 on Tues

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Otis

Second 'goal' from Armstrong definitely looked onside to me. The first I'm not so sure.

We look to move the ball well but it's clear one up front isn't working. I would try a box standard 4-4-2 on Tues

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Someone clearly needs to tell Mowbray that one up front isn't working.

We were at home yesterday and three times we had the ball just outside their penalty box and just Armstrong actually in the box all by himself.

How on earth are we expected to score in such a circumstance?

Grendel

Second Armstrong chance looks very much on side to me. Cheating officials! Not that we deserved anything from the game though on that showing!!

He looks offside.

Soft penalty though but that header that the guy blocked was a freak and the other header was an easy chance.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He looks offside.

Soft penalty though but that header that the guy blocked was a freak and the other header was an easy chance.

That header their own bloke blocked on the line, why wasn't that offside!? Thought it at the time, the linos at this level are shocking.

Sky Blue Pete

Benefit of the doubt with the striker my arse. Both pretty tight and highlights confirm we had a good 15 minutes at the end of the first half

CJ_covblaze

Benefit of the doubt with the striker my arse. Both pretty tight and highlights confirm we had a good 15 minutes at the end of the first half

IF anything for the first one he's a yard offside. Second one is very tight. I very much doubt that the lino could've made an informed choice though. Must've been a lucky guess.

First decision - Offside. Relects poorly on Armstrong. Especially as he can use the 22 as a guide.
https://twitter.com/CJ_covblaze/status/706444729941172224

Second decision - Offside. At first glance I thought he was at least level but after seeing it a couple of times his knee and head are ahead of the last man. The lines from the mower make it a bit clearer.
https://twitter.com/CJ_covblaze/status/706444832277979137

Last edited:

GaryJones

We looked pretty good on the highlights - shame we looked so poor in "real life though"!

stevefloyd

We looked all over them in the highlights...or should I say the video shit shit penalty though but both goals looked ok to me

stupot07

We looked all over them in the highlights...or should I say the video shit shit penalty though but both goals looked ok to me

Unfortunately the highlight look kind to us, RCC made 1-2 good saves that aren't included. The reality is, both teams were very average and 0-0 would have been the fair result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

lifeskyblue

I still think the second is onside. Lino wasn't up with it. Having said that over the 90 a draw was the fair result. Rochdale were poor and 'bullied' us. I was surprised a) that the ref allowed so much and b) that we did nothing about it. Does Madders diving antics go against the whole team? It really looks men against boys for a lot of the game.
How many times did we test their keeper....I only remember him making a couple of saves where he had to stretch at all.
The team badly lacks confidence and the belief to take players on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'd say there is an argument for both, but despite what anyone says, we scored two goals, they just didn't count.

Had either gone in it 'could' have been different. We were punished at the death, but a draw overall would have been a fair result. Either way, it was a better performance than the previous two games.

Users who are viewing this thread