High profile replacement.... (1 Viewer)

Bertola

Telegraph article on Marlons medical at Brum suggests we've got a high profile replacement lined up for Marlon if he goes.

Any guesses who? Only one I can think of would be Kevin Phillips, although a guy at work yesterday said he'd heard Marlon Harewood (personally not sure if he'd be classed as high profile)

blueflint

would not want either as phillips is too old and harewood not good enough

im-confused

What you have to remember is that thorn has worked as a scout for a few years. I am sure who ever he decides to bring in, he will have a very good reason for it.

tippex9

I wouldnt expect a big name, it's not in our budget and it's not Thorns way.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't mind Miller! Whatever happened to Roman Bednar? Even if he does like a dabble in the white stuff he would be awesome for us!

smileycov

Facebook User
Burnley and blues are after harewood. If as it now appears Mk goes to St Andrews then i think burnley will nab the "other" marlon.
What worries me is we no money, so we aren't the most attractive club are we? Gutted about MK, thought he appreciated the fans and what the club had done for him.

hackneyfox

I wouldn't mind Miller! Whatever happened to Roman Bednar? Even if he does like a dabble in the white stuff he would be awesome for us!

YES PLEASE!!!

Sorry for shouting, but I'd love to see you sign Bednar.

We had him on loan last season, he was poor in his first game but a lot of thought we'd seen a few glimpses of talent. He got worse every game after that.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I'm not sure about Miller I think he might just turn into another Freddy Eastwood here :/
I know lets sign Leon McKenzie !!!! HA JOKING, I'd rather poop in my hands and clap. I think Harewood would get the job done though!

Other PFA players are:
Marcus Bent
Jay Bothroyd
Jeremie Aliadiere
John Carew
Eidur Gudjohnsen
Chris Porter

SkyBlue_Bear83

We will not get someone as good as King. Fact.
The high profile player is probably Kevin Phillips who is a decent player but is getting on now, not as good as King.
Then we will probably sign some nobody from league 2

rob9872

YES PLEASE!!!

Sorry for shouting, but I'd love to see you sign Bednar.

We had him on loan last season, he was poor in his first game but a lot of thought we'd seen a few glimpses of talent. He got worse every game after that.

The fact he was crap for your lot endears him to us already. Hopefully he missed a hat-full that would have seen you sneak into the play-offs. Time to crawl back in your hole I guess, if you spend any longer on here you'll be humming the Eton Boating tune

Sky_Blue_Daz

Miller would be an excellent signing, wouldn't be a bad Idea to look at The QPR Squad as they had a surplus of decent strikers at this level.
And they will look at adding more quality to them

rob9872

The problem is that the iones they have they will have attracted on high wages - probably higher than they're worth. I twas like a poor man's Man City to get the players that could take them to the next level so we may struggle to compete and I would be disappointed if we were spending all of the budget on an uncertainty. Of course most siginings are uncertain which is why Marlon was no risk as we knew what we had. If Marlon has gone, then I would prefer two or three lower wage earners, preferably rough young diamonds from League 1 or Premiership reserves, in the hope that one of the gambles comes off.

hackneyfox

The fact he was crap for your lot endears him to us already. Hopefully he missed a hat-full that would have seen you sneak into the play-offs. Time to crawl back in your hole I guess, if you spend any longer on here you'll be humming the Eton Boating tune

Are you stalking me, or do you just want to?

Is your dad a policeman?

hackneyfox

I tried to warn you all about Mick says Adams and all of our cast offs that you signed, but you all thought he was the new messiah.

skybluedan

had 2 guys at work today here in jersey who say we are about to sign bret pitman from bristol city

Users who are viewing this thread