Higgs v SISU Court Document (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Some good stuff in there, puts a bit of a different complexion on some things.

Doubt if most will bother to read it though.

lordsummerisle

Fucking Hell!!

Seems little doubt that the council were going behind Sisu's back to arrange a deal with YB whilst still having negotiations with them.

“I think the reality of the situation is that the price Higgs have negotiated [with SISU] is very significantly above the market value

and that even after the restructure I am proposing, the Charity would struggle to get much above this unless a substantial rent deal was

agreed with the Football Club.

My personal view is that the three people who are most essential to this negotiation from the shareholders side are myself, Martin Reeves and

Paul Harris. The only time in the next 4 weeks when all 3 of us are potentially around is 28/29thAugust...

In parallel, my proposal is that we continue to discuss the main deal with SISU, to keep communication open with them. This is going to

mean further release of information about ACL under due diligence and they will certainly want to come and talk to Daniel/John Streets,

to get some deeper understanding of operations...

The alternative is to continue a standoff with SISU– I think this will be difficult to maintain and in any case we may need a fallback position should our attempts to approach the Bank fall through (although if we can’t do the YB at a relatively high price SISU’s chances of a much lower price have got to be questioned).”

Grendel

I am aware of some if this and it is explosive. Many posters will avoid commenting on this thread.

Grendel

It's a Sisu account of things.
Where is the Higgs account?

Are the e mails geniune or not? These are facts not a side of things. The truth is starting to emerge - prepare for a lot more:

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

Got to some rather dubious looking emails!

Have to be aware that of course, when building an argument, they'll pick the bits needed for that argument... but they are still rather... curious!

With that in mind, here are some quotes.

“I think the reality of the situation is that the price Higgs have negotiated [with SISU] is very significantly above the market value and that even after the restructure I am proposing, the Charity would struggle to get much above this unless a substantial rent deal was agreed with the Football Club."

"CCFC may not like it but realistically they’ve f*cked up on the pitch and elsewhere and have to pay.”

“We would want this arrangement to be kept entirely private between ourselves to allow us to conclude a rent deal with SISU... Our concern is that they will walk away from the table if they think that we have reached an arrangement with YB. We would also ask that the details are kept private from Deloitte."

"Equally, should Yorkshire Bank do a deal with SISU they need to be prepared for a major media assault from all the Stakeholders in the Arena.

The last bit interested me ;)

Anyway, as said, the whole point of it going to court is to allow arguments for and against to be made rather than just plucking some quotes out and deciding on them.

If you did decide on those quotes, it would be... probably a radical difference on Public Opinion.

Hurrah for major media assaults!

Astute

Just finished reading the whole thing. Thought it was what the judge had said. Was about to join in with the ACL bashers and wondered what Higgs had been up to. Then got to the end and saw who had put it together :facepalm:

Points of interest? Many. But no idea what the truth is. If the judge believed half of it he would have awarded them 290k.

martcov

He doesn't want to read it. The truth will destroy him.

The ( selective ) truth as here, does show the council in a bad light. Let's see the rest to get the full picture. There is a lot more to come..... From both sides.

Nick

Administrator
Just finished reading the whole thing. Thought it was what the judge had said. Was about to join in with the ACL bashers and wondered what Higgs had been up to. Then got to the end and saw who had put it together :facepalm:

Points of interest? Many. But no idea what the truth is. If the judge believed half of it he would have awarded them 290k.

You can't argue with some of the quotes though (I am not in the slightest saying this makes SISU innocent at all, we haven't seen some of their key quotes yet).

Grendel

Keep sticking your head in the sand Astute.

Actually your a reasonable and objective guy. You will soon realise what really has gone on here.

RegTheDonk

The first line "This case concerns a secret and perverse plan ...." suggests it will be a bit one sided.

Astute

You can't argue with some of the quotes though (I am not in the slightest saying this makes SISU innocent at all, we haven't seen some of their key quotes yet).

How would they get hold of private emails? Could easily be real. But if real were they taken out of context? Like I said sounds bad. Is bad in parts if true. But like you said price way above market value is interesting. That was a SISU statement. Wasn't a valuation.

Certainly been an interesting day. Hope the rest will be out in the open to read. Then it will be easier to work out what went on. Would love to be able to read the judges thoughts.

Nick

Administrator
How would they get hold of private emails? Could easily be real. But if real were they taken out of context? Like I said sounds bad. Is bad in parts if true. But like you said price way above market value is interesting. That was a SISU statement. Wasn't a valuation.

Certainly been an interesting day. Hope the rest will be out in the open to read. Then it will be easier to work out what went on. Would love to be able to read the judges thoughts.

It wasn't a SISU statement, it was a quote from an ACL / Higgs report ;) If it was Tim Fisher just spouting off then I would be inclinded to agree, but this is stuff that ACL / CCC / Higgs have said and is there in black and white.

dongonzalos

A possible 2nd bumper thread on this one.
Does anyone have the Higgs document?

Interesting thing it definitely gives the council the heads up for June

Last edited:

TurkeyTrot

I still don't get how SISU got these emails to use as evidence?
My guess is they would have asked for them when issuing the counter claim. They would have requested all communication relating to the case. If Higgs had not complied (ie, not released all the e-mails etc) and were found out then potentially individuals would end up eating porridge and having to be careful in the shower.

Nick

Administrator
My guess is they would have asked for them when issuing the counter claim. They would have requested all communication relating to the case. If Higgs had not complied (ie, not released all the e-mails etc) and were found out then potentially individuals would end up eating porridge and having to be careful in the shower.

Ah but surely it wouldn't be too hard to just delete traces of said emails.... (I am not in the slightest saying they did).

Astute

Keep sticking your head in the sand Astute.

Actually your a reasonable and objective guy. You will soon realise what really has gone on here.

I don't stick my head in the sand. That is what people that only care what will happen the next few weeks do. I have always looked for what is best for our clubs future.

A lot of what was on there is very interesting. What we have to do is deal with what is the truth and what is hearsay but written in a way to make it look like a fact. This is one side of the story. We have the other side of the story and then what the judge decided. I will lean more towards what the judge decided as he is the one that saw all of the evidence and would have a better idea than any of us.

hill83

I don't stick my head in the sand. That is what people that only care what will happen the next few weeks do. I have always looked for what is best for our clubs future.

A lot of what was on there is very interesting. What we have to do is deal with what is the truth and what is hearsay but written in a way to make it look like a fact. This is one side of the story. We have the other side of the story and then what the judge decided. I will lean more towards what the judge decided as he is the one that saw all of the evidence and would have a better idea than any of us.

Sounds like you are setting things up for a massive change of opinion to me fella.

Nothing wrong with that of course.

Grendel

The e-mails are of course geniune as released by Higgs. That is impartial evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread