Here comes the Sun (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but I believe they designed the arena back to front. Normally the team wants to be kicking towards the home fans in the Coventry Telegraph stand in the 2nd half, but to do this they are playing with the sun in their eyes in the first half. By the 2nd half the sun has gone down and the away team do not have this problem.

This is easy for me to say in hindsight, but surely stadium designers should have considered these issues.

On Saturday I think the team lost the toss & swapped ends, and that worked OK, even if the majority of home fans were towards the other end.

Are there any easy low cost solutions?

Nick

Administrator
I think we won the toss as we changed but they had kick off didn't they?

Buy a hat :)

william-rast-baseball-hat-with-dub-patch_1.jpg

torchomatic

Sack Thorn?

I hate when we kick towards the Telegraph in the first half as we usually play better in the second. Sack Thorn, maybe?

_brian_

Sack Thorn?

I hate when we kick towards the Telegraph in the first half as we usually play better in the second. Sack Thorn, maybe?

You can't seriously be advocating sacking Thorn for that?!?!? Sounds like another one with an agenda!

torchomatic

I was being sarcastic! :p

You can't seriously be advocating sacking Thorn for that?!?!? Sounds like another one with an agenda!

We should turn the stadium around slightly and we can then moan about players not being able to see other players when they are crossing the ball. :claping hands:

scroobiustom

Alternatively, keep it as it is, 5 wins in 6 home games, something is working!

Thorn In!

Waldorf

I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but I believe they designed the arena back to front. Normally the team wants to be kicking towards the home fans in the Coventry Telegraph stand in the 2nd half, but to do this they are playing with the sun in their eyes in the first half. By the 2nd half the sun has gone down and the away team do not have this problem.

This is easy for me to say in hindsight, but surely stadium designers should have considered these issues.

On Saturday I think the team lost the toss & swapped ends, and that worked OK, even if the majority of home fans were towards the other end.

Are there any easy low cost solutions?
Put the away fans in the Telegraph stand?

mark82

I'm not sure it is actually the same person. People just like to believe only a single person can disagree with them. I'm sure Nick can confirm, I'm pretty sure he tracks this kind of thing (i.e. via IP address)

Nonleagueherewecome

he has multiple accounts,all peddling the "anyone whos not pro thorn is anti city" crap

Not this again..Nick has already cleared that up: there are more than one person who disagree with you.

DukeOfCov

I think we should always try and kick off the 1st half towards the home end on sunny days - their goalie on Saturday wasn't wearing a cap and was shielding his eyes - all we needed to do was get some shots in...:pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread